Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monoxide

*** The Official Super Bowl Xlix Thread ***

784 posts in this topic

Pete has a voice, don't be fooled by autonomy speak. If Pete was really surprised by the play call, he would have announced the search for a new OC in the post game press conference. He can't hide behind a subordinate on this one...the spot line is on the head guy.

You do not fire a guy for making one mistake, even if it was for the super bowl. Pete trusts his coordinators. He is not Mike Smith. He is not going to micromanage them. Bevell thought it would trick the defense. He got fantasy, when he should have been vanilla.

Seahawks fans on their message board want Bevell fired.

Here's what one fan had to say.

"in the interview I saw Pete said something about sending in the wrong personnel but not having time to change it so they ran the play. How bad is our offensive design when a rookie DB can read pick pass just from our pre snap alignment when we have the ball on the half yard line in the super bowl? It's unlikely that any OC would ever call that play yet this rookie was able to read it before the snap and beat the receiver. Our pass offense sucks by design."

yea.. I heard him.. He said they was going to run the ball but the Pats had there goal line D in... So he decided to pass the ball based on the matchups of 1 on 1's on the outside.

Man im still running the ball.... Beastmode got us to the run yard line.... He leads all RB's in rushing TD's this year.

Pete does not call offensive plays. That is on their OC.

Pete Carroll himself said that was his idea.

**** YA BABY

Banging a 7 tonight. I love 7s.

You're getting worse, you know that?

You do not fire a guy for making one mistake, even if it was for the super bowl. Pete trusts his coordinators. He is not Mike Smith. He is not going to micromanage them. Bevell thought it would trick the defense. He got fantasy, when he should have been vanilla.

I guess Pete settled this argument for us. As I said, Pete made the call to pass. The OC picked the play, but Pete clearly said it was his decision to pass. This is really just a debate over semantics. The HC is responsible no matter who he delegates play calling too anyway. Inside the last 30 seconds, you better believe the HC has his fingers all over (micromanages) both sides of the ball. He's going down on his own terms. Most people way underestimate Pete's arrogance. He is right up there with the Ryan's and Johnson's of the head coaching world.

Yes I'm trolling...big time. I've seen plenty on this board crap all over our winningest coach ever and placed all the blame on him. Now we are getting a man who inherited a great defense be given excuse after excuse. He's not inheriting here what he did in Seattle...get your popcorn, Atlanta takes a huge step back with this hire.

Ban him....