Falcons Using Fake Crowd Noise?

juggalo101

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That was the quietest fake crowd noise I've ever heard.

Is this the process of Patriot way ?

99% sure they were practicing with it during the pre-season games (been going to falcon games for years and could tell right away) they would dial it up on 2nd and 3rd downs (then the "crowd"noise would just cut in half just before the snap) told my seat neighbor to listen for it and we would just look at each other and laugh every time it happened

Embarrassing.

So you know how after each Falcons' 1st down the PA guy says "Annnnd a Falcons..." and the crowd goes "First down!"

Well in 2013 against the Patriots after the majority of the stadium emptied out (those fans who left missed the near come back) during the 4th quarter; the PA guy did the "Annnnd a Falcons..." but there was a 2 second pause and you could hear an audio recording come on that said "First down!" and you could then hear the audio recording turn off.

That's the only "piping crowd noise" that I've ever heard and it came between plays during the 4th quarter of a game that featured an empty stadium because the majority of the people already left.

99% sure they were practicing with it during the pre-season games (been going to falcon games for years and could tell right away) they would dial it up on 2nd and 3rd downs (then the "crowd"noise would just cut in half just before the snap) told my seat neighbor to listen for it and we would just look at each other and laugh every time it happened

NFL eases up on restricting crowd noise
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 11, 2013, 4:26 PM EST
fireman-ed-e1353778676799.jpg?w=207Getty Images

As the NFL continues to make games more fun for the fans in the stands, the league is allowing teams to encourage fans to make more noise.

In the past, the league has frowned on attempts by the home teams to rile up their fans to make noise, on the theory that it’s unfair to the road team’s offense to create an atmosphere so loud that they can’t call out their signals. But according to the Associated Press, the NFL is now allowing teams to use video scoreboards to encourage crowd noise at all times.

The league has also said teams can use audio to encourage crowd noise until 20 seconds remain on the play clock. In the past, any audio used to encourage crowd noise had to stop with 30 seconds left on the play clock.

Although TV ratings are very strong, the NFL is concerned that fans are increasingly choosing the home experience over the stadium experience and has been looking for ways to make fans enjoy attending games more. The league is also requiring teams to put cameras in the locker rooms to give fans in the stadium the opportunity to see what goes on before the game and at halftime, and home teams are required to show the best replay angles in the stadium video boards for all plays that may be reviewed.

Can you imagine how quiet the dome would have been without the fake noise? Depressing

laugh.png Truth!

I remember some time back there was a big flap about a dome team reversing the

air flow to work against the visiting teams Kickers and even increasing the air flow.

I think it was StLouis, but man that was a while back.

Then you had the Sun Gate in the new Dome of Dallas.

NFL eases up on restricting crowd noise

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 11, 2013, 4:26 PM EST

fireman-ed-e1353778676799.jpg?w=207

Getty Images

As the NFL continues to make games more fun for the fans in the stands, the league is allowing teams to encourage fans to make more noise.

In the past, the league has frowned on attempts by the home teams to rile up their fans to make noise, on the theory that its unfair to the road teams offense to create an atmosphere so loud that they cant call out their signals. But according to the Associated Press, the NFL is now allowing teams to use video scoreboards to encourage crowd noise at all times.

The league has also said teams can use audio to encourage crowd noise until 20 seconds remain on the play clock. In the past, any audio used to encourage crowd noise had to stop with 30 seconds left on the play clock.

Although TV ratings are very strong, the NFL is concerned that fans are increasingly choosing the home experience over the stadium experience and has been looking for ways to make fans enjoy attending games more. The league is also requiring teams to put cameras in the locker rooms to give fans in the stadium the opportunity to see what goes on before the game and at halftime, and home teams are required to show the best replay angles in the stadium video boards for all plays that may be reviewed.

see that's how it was to me. It was like an encouragement. It came in and then quickly went away

This is some B.S.! I know the Falcons aren't STUPID enough to try this crap.

Actually I can believe every word of this is true. This is the same organization that embarrassed itself when the teams website this season failed to notice that they had the Falcons landing in Spain for the London game, instead of you know London.

Falcons do stupid crap like this all the time.

Archived