Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juggalo101

Falcons Using Fake Crowd Noise?

252 posts in this topic

I think the more appropriate term would be SoundGate.

Enough with all the godawful "-gate" scandals. The Tea Pot Dome scandal didn't cause every subsequent scandal to be called "WhateverDome" and the incessant Watergate references have been old for years. Stop feeding the cliche beast.

No.11 and PK Manley like this

Really?? This has turned into a debate about who on the Falcons is......, gangsta??

Well, it was a discussion between me and facelessman07. Didn't really involve anyone else

Enough with all the godawful "-gate" scandals. The Tea Pot Dome scandal didn't cause every subsequent scandal to be called "WhateverDome" and the incessant Watergate references have been old for years. Stop feeding the cliche beast.

^^^this

Besides, "soundghazi" is WAY better.

^^^this

Besides, "soundghazi" is WAY better.

Exactly, and Ballghazi is much more fun to say than Deflategate.

This is a business. Im sure EVERY single team does something to try to get an advantage. Some teams get caught. Most don't.

No problem boss.

It's long been a pet peeve of mine too. Watergate was just the name of the place it occurred, but the way it's used now, you'd think it was a scandal about water.

there should be a scale of piped in music allowance based on fan participation. seattle would be zero allowed, all the way to atlanta-should be able to pipe in unlimited sound.

from another thread:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2012/07/03/with-nfl-rule-changes-centurylink-field-is-about-to-get-even-rowdier/#2926101=0

Anyone who's been to a home game in the last couple of years knows the PA system blasts until the huddle breaks for opponent. It's not amplified crowd noise. It's just noise and I think it falls under the rule changes in 2012

NFL willing to relax noise rules to create stadium atmosphere

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 4, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
ap03113004488-480x381.jpg?w=250AP

Tucked away in last week’s report about blackout rules relaxing and the league trying to improve the in-stadium experience, there was a passing mention that could have a huge impact in some cities.

The league has apparently “liberalized” restraints on crowd noise, with stadiums able to incite their fans into more noise on third downs with P.A. announcements and video displays.

As Nick Eaton of SeattlePI.com points out, that could create an even rowdier atmosphere at Seahawks games.

In hopes that professional football can mimic the wild stadium atmosphere typical of college football games, the NFL says it has “liberalized” its restraints on crowd noise. Stadiums will now be free to rile up crowds with video displays, and public-address announcers will no longer be restrained from inciting racket when the opposing offense faces a crucial third down.

Dang, how are we gonna fill up all the new space in the new stadium without manufactured crowd noise?

It's going to echo like Seattle's stadium. If this is a controversy, then Seattle should have to tear their echo chamber down.

This is another meaningless fake controversy for the NFL to deflect away from their bumbling of every single PR situation that pops up.

This is there attempt to scream "SQUIRREL!" To distract us from Goodell's incompetence.

Well if it's true, I feel like a dupe because I really had not noticed it myself. But then again, I am hard of hearing and don't wear my hearing aids at the games. biggrin.png (true story mates)

If they did it, then I am like WOW what was the point, and I just hope we don't lose too high a pick if it comes down to that. I also find the timing suspect, but I am a fan who doesn't like my team being targeted regardless of their guilt.

Anyways, this is still embarrassing, and typical Falcons BS we all have to endure.

PokerSteve likes this

Crazy idea Blank... Maybe if you were more concerned with winning and producing a great football team we can be proud of we wouldn't have to use fake crowd noise because you'd have more a$$es in seats cheering on our falcons!

It depends. If the front desk clerk was acting upon the instruction or encouragement of the owner, then yes.

In some ways, yes, they're responsible especially if YOU and that corporation are linked together. For example, Tom Smith, who is employed by (insert company name) was arrested after he was caught finding a terrorist organization yadda yadda yadda. Your company would be subjected to an investigation to see if they were involved. Fines could come down from whoever oversees them and then you yourself would subjected to disciplinary action

So yes (even that example goes way beyond football) your company is somewhat responsible for you

If a front desk clerk murders somebody and the company winds up with a financial advantage as a result, the company will be investigated fully and if it is determined that the crime was done (or worse yet, ordered) to give them an advantage in stock prices, the company can absolutely be sanctioned by the SEC. If the owner ordered the hit and there was collaboration on the hit, the Justice Department can hit them all with a RICO prosecution and bring the whole organization down.

And there has been no proof that anybody did anything, much less on the orders of anyone. That's the point, the guy said it was proven the Pats did it, we're just being investigated. That's not the case, we're in the same boat.

there is nothing gangsta about Roddy. I would have believed you if you had said Trufant or Hageman or even William Moore

Hageman and Trufant? Lmao right...

This could just be Mike Smith trying to get another job somewhere. Smith could be the snitch and is blaming the piped in crowd noise for our last 2 horrendous seasons. Smith, "Not my fault, they were piping in crowd noise just as I was trying to call a timeout. The refs couldn't even hear me!"

laugh.png

Crazy idea Blank... Maybe if you were more concerned with winning and producing a great football team we can be proud of we wouldn't have to use fake crowd noise because you'd have more a$$es in seats cheering on our falcons!

Crazy idea...support your team even during their slumps and don't hop on the bandwagon during winning seasons! You should be just as happy to wear your Falcons colors during 2014 as you were in 2012. There's nothing wrong with having some dark humor about the team's fortunes but why jump ship? That's like giving your kid the cold shoulder when he comes home with D's on his report card, it doesn't help anything.

Lornoth, falconsrus and jb 3.0 like this