Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juggalo101

Falcons Using Fake Crowd Noise?

252 posts in this topic

Per Adam Schefter on Sunday NFL Countdown, the Falcons have been accused of pumping artificial crowd noise into the Dome for the past 2 seasons and could face loss of draft picks.

---

What is this, WWE Smackdown?

@ESPNNFL: Our Adam Schefter on Countdown reports that the Falcons have been piping artificial crowd noise into the Georgia Dome the past 2 seasons.

@SeifertESPN: .@AdamSchefter just reported #Falcons could lose a draft pick as NFL investigates whether they piped in artificial crowd noise in stadium.

During the seasons we went 4-12 and 6-10? Wow.. Wtf.

dcfalcons likes this

I sit in the upper level right near the speakers and I did hear crowd noise pumped up through the speakers right when the opposing players were waking up to the line on offense.

I can only imagine how quiet the new stadium will be when real fans are shut out. If corporate guys are the only ones buying new seats it'll be just like Charlotte. Aweful.

Falcons being investigated for piping artificial crowd noise into their stadium the past two seasons, per sources. The offense is expected to result in discipline with the Falcons being fined and quite possibly losing a draft choice. A Falcons team spokesman said: We were informed during the season that the league office is looking into crowd noise during our games. We have cooperated fully with them, and were awaiting the outcome." Atlanta is accused of piping in the noise while the opposing team was huddling, trying to call its play. The tactics originated from the Falcons' game operations department, per sources. Some around the league have argued that silent counts have rendered crowd noise more irrelevant and its difficult to discern how much of an advantage it gave the Falcons. But it was enough to have the league look into it, and now the Falcons are facing stiff penalties.