Trade Or Not To Trade

atlGM

HOUSTON FOR JULIO STRAIGHT UP?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Justin I GET TO THE QB OR JULIO I GET TO THE ENDZONE????????????

Guest facelessman07

I'd trade Julio and his injured foot, knee, hip, all those freak injuries, and those hands for a king's ransom of draft picks to the team willing to take the bait

Found it interesting that Blank said QUINN would have enormous input on whether to keep Julio or not

You don't give up talent because you are afraid of paying him, you only make a mistake when you pay players that aren't worth it, they tie up your cap w/o giving you the production, that's when you are losing. We can go after a top f/a pass rusher, get your future pass rusher in the draft, and deal with Julio when it's time, I wouldn't trade him thought

#2 the quaterback is supposed to make the weapons around him better right, so why not spread that 100 million figure around amongst a bevy of different players

Like Brady does.

I would rather have a team of good players than two great players and a bunch of average clowns around them.

There is a reason the Pats are ALWAYS a dominate team. Even when they had Moss they still had a solid team around them.

I'd trade Julio and his injured foot, knee, hip, all those freak injuries, and those hands for a king's ransom of draft picks to the team willing to take the bait

Found it interesting that Blank said QUINN would have enormous input on whether to keep Julio or not

Dam right. Julio is great but if we can get a few good players in trade then do it.

Players kije Julio do not come along that often. You keep players like Julio! Don't be that guy that traded Julio!

Top wrs come along way more often than guys who produce 20 sacks in a season. How do some of you not understand this? We've found 3 1000 yard receivers in the same amount of time that we've found zero pass rushers

When you have a stud, you keep him. The goal is to add more around him, not get rid of the few that we have.

Detroit has an enormous amount of money tied up in Stafford, Megatron, and Tate, and they still had one of the best defenses in the league this season. Can anyone explain that?

Top wrs come along way more often than guys who produce 20 sacks in a season. How do some of you not understand this? We've found 3 1000 yard receivers in the same amount of time that we've found zero pass rushers

Julio is the best of the best. I agree pass rushers with 20 sacks are rare and they usually do not replicate a season like that. Julio i going to giv you what he has season after season. I am not saying I do not want a great pass rushing DE (because I do) but I am not giving up Julio to get one. Truth is no other team would give up one if they had him. Now FA is different, like Houston, if you can get one like that in free agency then do it!

Detroit has an enormous amount of money tied up in Stafford, Megatron, and Tate, and they still had one of the best defenses in the league this season. Can anyone explain that?

Ask that question again when you see what Suh and Fairley get paid coming off their rookie contracts. Same situation for Seattle, they were able to spend money on the team because their quarterback doesn't even get paid as much as a regular backup. Once he gets paid, they'll be in a more similar situation as us. The trick is to hit on early contributing draft picks.

Guest facelessman07

Julio is the best of the best. I agree pass rushers with 20 sacks are rare and they usually do not replicate a season like that. Julio i going to giv you what he has season after season. I am not saying I do not want a great pass rushing DE (because I do) but I am not giving up Julio to get one. Truth is no other team would give up one if they had him. Now FA is different, like Houston, if you can get one like that in free agency then do it!

Best of the best?

Your homer is showing

Ask that question again when you see what Suh and Fairley get paid coming off their rookie contracts. Same situation for Seattle, they were able to spend money on the team because their quarterback doesn't even get paid as much as a regular backup. Once he gets paid, they'll be in a more similar situation as us. The trick is to hit on early contributing draft picks.

That was kind of my point. It doesn't matter where you allocate your money if you don't draft well or get good value from FA moves. You can throw 80% of your payroll at the defense but if you end up with Vernon Gholston, Albert Haynesworth and Ray Edwards what difference does it make? We are in good position with the draft again this year and have a lot of money to spend in FA. If we have a good draft and make some smart moves in FA, there's no reason why we can't field a competent defense next season with better coaching.

Edited by RS91

In today's market, you must have draft choices who can come in and immediately contribute to keep your salary cap in check. Although we gave up quite a few picks and such to get Julio, don't think he didn't make an immediate impact to the team. Better to have drafted on someone you know can come in and do that, than to have wasted all those picks on someone that would of been keeping the bench warm and disappear. Signing an occasional FA due to a need can be just as tricky as drafting unproven talent. Looks at the duds we've drafted the last few years and because we seemingly can't get great draft picks, we have to spend big $$ in FA.

Also, don't reward those who haven't proven themselves (Baker) just because of a need and use the money on those who have (Ryan, Julio, White). Baker needs to go, Spoon may need to go too if he even thinks he's worth a big contract for being an injury liability.