Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1,241 posts in this topic

Yes, I think usually there would be some NBA games tonight after the break, but it's extended now. If anyone is a big college hoops fan, at least it can get a little more pub.

Anybody think the Hawks are going to fill that roster spot they have open? Maybe they are looking at guys that might get waived instead so they don't have to give up anything.

Anybody think the Hawks are going to fill that roster spot they have open? Maybe they are looking at guys that might get waived instead so they don't have to give up anything.

I dont think they trade. I think they wait around to see who all gets traded and subsequently bought out, and then takes their pick from that.

If they do trade itll be Jenkins(YAY) or a 2nd round pick most likely.

I dont think they trade. I think they wait around to see who all gets traded and subsequently bought out, and then takes their pick from that.

If they do trade itll be Jenkins(YAY) or a 2nd round pick most likely.

Yeah after listening to Coach Bud the other day I got feeling we wouldn't trade either but I got the feeling that it will have to be someone Coach Bud feels really comfortable with for his system.

Yeah after listening to Coach Bud the other day I got feeling we wouldn't trade either but I got the feeling that it will have to be someone Coach Bud feels really comfortable with for his system.

I think the only person he'd trade for would be a foreign player or an ex spur. They are the only people with experience with how he likes to playm

NBA Trade Rumors: Hawks open to moving John Jenkins at deadline, per report

By Kris Willis @Kris_Willis on Feb 18, 2015, 1:26p

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2015/2/18/8063409/nba-trade-rumors-john-jenkins-atlanta-hawks

Its not expected to be a noisy trade deadline for the Atlanta Hawks but one player that could reportedly be had is shooting guard John Jenkins. Basketball Insiders' Lang Greene reports that the Hawks are open to moving Jenkins before Thursday's trade deadline.

The Hawks are reportedly seeking a second round pick in return for the third year guard who will be an unrestricted free agent this summer.

According to the source, Jenkins' looming free agency has been the primary reason Atlanta has been unable to find a taker willing to give up an upcoming draft pick.

The clock has been ticking on Jenkins in Atlanta ever since the team declined his contract option for next season. He's played sparingly and has had a couple of stints in the D-League this season. Teams may be reluctant to give up a second round pick for Jenkins given that he will be available as a free agent this summer.

Stephen A Smith ‏@stephenasmith 9m9 minutes ago

Leave Danny Ferry alone and let him come back and be GM.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12342513 (Stephen A. dropping some SERIOUS wisdom in this vid)

ohmy.png Now I've seen everything!

Getting an endorsement from former Mayor Young is proving to be a very large coup for the Danny Ferry camp.

I love how NO ONE had the balls to say anything, but now that young came out they're all like oh ya! I thinks so too! Spineless pricks

I love how NO ONE had the balls to say anything, but now that young came out they're all like oh ya! I thinks so too! Spineless pricks

I'm still waiting on some white people that don't already work in Atlanta media.

I know huh!! laugh.png man but I just can't stand that arrogant prick!!angry.png

Used to be by faaaaar my least favorite talking head. Don't know if it's playing the foil to Bayless (the biggest contrarian for the sake of being contrary in sports) or what but he's grown on me in the last few years at least in small doses. If you can get past his "I'm absolutely smarter than you" arrogance he usually makes some pretty fair points.

Used to be by faaaaar my least favorite talking head. Don't know if it's playing the foil to Bayless (the biggest contrarian for the sake of being contrary in sports) or what but he's grown on me in the last few years at least in small doses. If you can get past his "I'm absolutely smarter than you" arrogance he usually makes some pretty fair points.

Lol, no doses for me!!laugh.png He is a dude I would love to punch on site!!mmmhmm.gif

I wish they just let the story go as someone said looking back at it it's not so much racist as it was stereotyping, and just I don't know basically tired of hearing of it.

They don't want to mess with it until the new ownership is in place

Ding Ding.

And yall don't wanna trade for someone and mess with chemistry? Bring back Ferry and see how distracting THAT will be. Media will be everywhere.

Ding Ding.

And yall don't wanna trade for someone and mess with chemistry? Bring back Ferry and see how distracting THAT will be. Media will be everywhere.

I just worry about the negative backlash back trying to fit him back in during the draft and free agency period when his job actually most comes in to play. Last thing we need is free agents being timid about taking their visits here cause certain talking heads and Melo scream to the world what a bad boy Danny Ferry is. If we're serious at all about bringing him back I'd rather just do it now, get it all out of the way and hope it will have died down some by July. Otherwise lets move on.

Hawks have been playing through the Ferry and Levinson scandal throughout the season anyway, in fact it's almost like they've thrived on it. I don't think it would be the factor to break em if anything did.

I just worry about the negative backlash back trying to fit him back in during the draft and free agency when his job most comes in to play. Last thing we need is free agents being timid about taking their visits here cause certain talking heads and Melo scream to the world what a bad boy Danny Ferry is. If we're serious at all about bringing him back I'd rather just do it now, get it all out of the way and hope it will have died down some by July. Otherwise lets move on NOW.

We don't even have money for big names lol.

Id much rather ruin our chance with petty free agents than our actual season.

We don't even have money for big names lol.

Id much rather ruin our chance with petty free agents than our actual season.

Not talking about big names, talking bout role guys. If us and another contender offer similar terms some players might be tempted to go to the franchise that's GM isn't under (probably unfair) media and player criticism on TV and social media, which goes can a long way with some of these young men.

There's also a month between the finals and free agency

It'll take long than that for it to really start going fading from memory. Perceived racism has a way of sticking around. If we're committed to Danny Ferry then unfortunately this is going to be our Summer. Thankfully we've got a nice pick in the draft coming (unless we trade it or Ferry picks wrong again)

I don't think it messes with our current players too much though. Millsap has made no confusions in his support of Ferry. In fact I think these guys are thriving on the "us versus them" criticism.

Ferry and Bud have made it very clear that if you care about the media you're not going to be playing here

They care far more about personality than talent.

I'm pretty sure if they lost a guy because of media pressure they'd be happy they didn't get stuck with him.

jayu70 likes this

It's a very different situation though for guys that are already in house and have already made personal relationships with Bud and Ferry and feel part of the family (and get protective) than basketball players who have just met them and are being similarly courted by other GMs and coaches (I bet negative recruiting isn't just a college thing) All it's going to take is another knucklehead like Melo be it player, media person or "anonymous NBA front office source" to start running their mouth at the wrong time could dent some of the things we want to put in our off season plans.