Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1,241 posts in this topic

Well the once promising Larry Sanders is about to be available on the market after a buyout if you think he can stay away from the sticky icky.

Stoudemire and the Mavs reportedly have a deal in place. Now they're just waiting on him to clear waivers (which he will unless someone wants to commit suicide by salary)

Funny cause this sort of illustrates why they put their "money ball" rack in the 3 point contest where they did.

Klay in the corner>>>

Korver in the wings and top of the key >>>

Everyone has a spot, its just more fun finding the woman's.

AF89 likes this

So I say now it looks 50/50 we stay quite at deadline and just sign Ray Allen unless something crazy is being cooked up, but haven't heard anything. Besides Hawks monitoring buyouts etc.

So I say now it looks 50/50 we stay quite at deadline and just sign Ray Allen unless something crazy is being cooked up, but haven't heard anything. Besides Hawks monitoring buyouts etc.

Yeah as counter intuitive as it sounds to must of us, my bet is we add a winger, if not Ray then Gary Neal and the ignore big man problem.

Dont sit around trying to read tea leaves to determine what the Hawks are going to do. Youll end up looking foolish lol.

Hawks dont do media. Did you hear anything about Payne before he was gone? The Hawks are ninjas and you wont hear anything until the deal is signed and finished.

Dont sit around trying to read tea leaves to determine what the Hawks are going to do. Youll end up looking foolish lol.

Hawks dont do media. Did you hear anything about Payne before he was gone? The Hawks are ninjas and you wont hear anything until the deal is signed and finished.

Yep if they've got something in the works it's going to have to come out of nowhere because they're being extremely coy about it. We haven't been so much as rumored with any of the available names out there . Meanwhile coach Bud has claimed numerous times that he doesn't have enough minutes for the bigs we have (hope he's referring to Moose), doesn't think we have rebounding problem and has even go as far as to say the Payne trade was about minutes and not opening up a roster spot (which is a crock of **** reason to trade your last number 1 pick).

True they might, but looking back it's possible someone could see that happening like if something were to happen with John Jenkins that's also possible as well. I just hope the Payne trade doesn't bite us back later down the line though. I thought he had potential to do something, but we'll see.

Getting Thabo back might be better than any trade or signing that we might realistically make. Heal that calf!

Can't disagree with that without Thabo what is our record?

We have 3 losses in 2015......lol

I need to know if it's something like 4-3 or 2-3 though I forget which game he was injured in.

So we are 4-3 without him lost him in Trailblazers game now I remember if we had him back we probably don't lose to memphis and definitely not Boston although I still don't want to think about that game.

Was listening to Chuck and Chernoff on 680 and among a couple ideas was was a trade for Miles Plumlee

Their idea if I can roughly remember the details was something like our 2016 1st and 1st picked up from Minn for Plumlee and Archie Goodwin plus a 2016 second rounder but I may be missing piece.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Andrew Young backs Danny Ferry

By Kevin Arnovitz
ESPN.com

ATLANTA -- Civil rights leader and former Atlanta mayor Andrew Young on Tuesday told an Atlanta television station that Danny Ferry should be allowed to rejoin the Hawks organization in his capacity as general manager.

Asked by WSB TV's sports director Zach Klein whether Ferry should lose his job, Young responded, "**** no."

nba_a_ferry_jv_300x200.jpgHawks GM Danny Ferry took a leave of absence in September, but former Atlanta mayor and civil rights activist Andrew Young wants to see him return.

Ferry took a leave of absence from the Hawks on Sept. 12 after a recording of him making insulting comments about Luol Deng on a conference call was made public. Since Ferry's departure, Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer has presided as the head of basketball operations, with assistant general manager Wes Wilcox also active in day-to-day proceedings.

On the call, Ferry characterized Deng as a player who "has a little African in him," and added, "He's like a guy who would have a nice store out front and sell you counterfeit stuff out of the back."

Young said that were he the decision-maker in the Hawks executive offices, he would've encouraged Ferry to stay on. He added that he doesn't believe Ferry is a racist.

"No more than I am," Young said. "That's a word that you cannot define, 'You are a racist.' You can't grow up white in America without having some problems. You can't grow up black in America without having some subtle feelings."

The Hawks did not weigh in on Ferry's status on Tuesday.

"The Hawks don't comment on individual stories," said Garin Narain, Hawks' vice president of public relations.

Days before the recording of Ferry became public, an email written by Hawks owner Bruce Levenson in 2012 surfaced that expressed concern that the sizeable presence of African-American spectators at Hawks games was problematic for the franchise. "My theory is that the black crowd scared away the whites and there are simply not enough affluent black fans to build a significant season ticket base," Levenson wrote.

The Hawks' ownership group, led by Levenson, has put the franchise up for sale. NBA commissioner Adam Silver said on Saturday that the process "is moving along on course."

Since the controversy, the Hawks have been one of the NBA's nicest surprises, compiling a record of 43-11 prior to the All-Star break, including a 19-game winning streak and a perfect January. They lead the Eastern Conference by 6½ games over the Toronto Raptors. Four members of the Hawks' starting five were selected to last Sunday's All-Star Game.

Young has been a prominent presence in Atlanta for more than 50 years and was a close confidante of Martin Luther King Jr. In 1972, Young became the first black congressman elected to the U.S. House of Representatives since Reconstruction. President Jimmy Carter appointed Young as the nation's Ambassador to the United Nations in 1977, after which Young was elected as Atlanta's mayor in 1981 and again in 1985.

I agree 100% with Former Mayor Young!!!!

HolyMoses likes this