Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1,241 posts in this topic

I went to bed at halftime..we lost! You got to be fkng kidding me ........:rant:

:lol: Sorry man I feel for ya. Don't mean to laugh but your like the guy who slept through the hurricane, everyone else has "processed their grief" and moved on.

But yeah last night sucked. Crappy way to start the "bye week".

freebird310 likes this

laugh.png Sorry man I feel for ya. Don't mean to laugh but your like the guy who slept through the hurricane, everyone else has "processed their grief" and moved on.

But yeah last night sucked. Crappy way to start the "bye week".

Yea man I usually go to bed like midnite, last nite was wiped out for some reason and turned in after dinner/halftime......I had zero expectations of us losing at that point, must have been a nightmare for you guys LOL ....

http://markbradley.blog.ajc.com/2015/02/12/the-hawks-have-lost-3-of-6-but-the-sky-is-not-falling/

The Hawks have lost 3 of 6, but the sky is NOT falling

hawks-celtics-basketb_brad.jpg?w=640

Give Evan Turner credit. DeMarre Carroll made him make a tough shot. (AP photo/Jessica Hill)

The Atlanta Hawks are 3-3 over their past six games. This makes them 22-3 over their past 25 games, which is a winning percentage of .880, which, if carried over a full season, would be 72-10, which would match the Chicago Bulls of 1995-96 for the best record in NBA history. Let’s not lose sight of that, OK?

Since Thanksgiving, the Hawks are 36-5. That’s a winning percentage of .878, which means they’ve been playing at an obscenely high level for 2 1/2 months. They lead the Eastern Conference by 6 1/2 games over Toronto. They’re 9 1/2 ahead of Chicago, 10 ahead of Cleveland. Given that only 28 regular-season games remain, the Hawks would have to collapse not to secure the No. 1 seed. They won’t collapse.

As mentioned a time or two, we Atlantans are conditioned to await the dropping of the other shoe. When one of our teams is playing well, we say, “This is Atlanta — it’ll never last.” I’ve seen too much of these Hawks to believe this winning won’t last. I expect them to play for the NBA championship.

I offer this as a little pick-me-up after last night’s doings in Boston. The Hawks blew a 14-point lead and lost to a not-very-good opponent on a last-second shot by Evan Turner, who was so ineffective against them as an Indiana Pacer in the playoffs last season that he didn’t play in Games 6 or 7. Wednesday’s was a crummy loss, yes, but the Hawks haven’t had many of those, and even the winning coach was disinclined to make much of it.

“For 47 minutes, 59.8 seconds, we were the losing team,” the Celtics’ Brad Stevens told reporters. Of the Hawks, he offered this: “I don’t think they played their best game. They’ve been on the road for three games; they’ve had a miraculous couple of months of basketball. They missed some shots late, and we were fortunate.”

The NBA’s regular season lasts six months. (The playoffs last forever.) There will be lesser nights. The beauty of these Hawks is that they’ve had so few lesser nights. They don’t play again for eight days. (Not counting the All-Star Game, of which four of their starting five will partake.) They’ll rest and recalibrate. They’ll be fine.

freebird310 and HolyMoses like this

http://markbradley.blog.ajc.com/2015/02/12/the-hawks-have-lost-3-of-6-but-the-sky-is-not-falling/

The Hawks have lost 3 of 6, but the sky is NOT falling

hawks-celtics-basketb_brad.jpg?w=640

Give Evan Turner credit. DeMarre Carroll made him make a tough shot. (AP photo/Jessica Hill)

The Atlanta Hawks are 3-3 over their past six games. This makes them 22-3 over their past 25 games, which is a winning percentage of .880, which, if carried over a full season, would be 72-10, which would match the Chicago Bulls of 1995-96 for the best record in NBA history. Lets not lose sight of that, OK?

Since Thanksgiving, the Hawks are 36-5. Thats a winning percentage of .878, which means theyve been playing at an obscenely high level for 2 1/2 months. They lead the Eastern Conference by 6 1/2 games over Toronto. Theyre 9 1/2 ahead of Chicago, 10 ahead of Cleveland. Given that only 28 regular-season games remain, the Hawks would have to collapse not to secure the No. 1 seed. They wont collapse.

As mentioned a time or two, we Atlantans are conditioned to await the dropping of the other shoe. When one of our teams is playing well, we say, This is Atlanta itll never last. Ive seen too much of these Hawks to believe this winning wont last. I expect them to play for the NBA championship.

I offer this as a little pick-me-up after last nights doings in Boston. The Hawks blew a 14-point lead and lost to a not-very-good opponent on a last-second shot by Evan Turner, who was so ineffective against them as an Indiana Pacer in the playoffs last season that he didnt play in Games 6 or 7. Wednesdays was a crummy loss, yes, but the Hawks havent had many of those, and even the winning coach was disinclined to make much of it.

For 47 minutes, 59.8 seconds, we were the losing team, the Celtics Brad Stevens told reporters. Of the Hawks, he offered this: I dont think they played their best game. Theyve been on the road for three games; theyve had a miraculous couple of months of basketball. They missed some shots late, and we were fortunate.

The NBAs regular season lasts six months. (The playoffs last forever.) There will be lesser nights. The beauty of these Hawks is that theyve had so few lesser nights. They dont play again for eight days. (Not counting the All-Star Game, of which four of their starting five will partake.) Theyll rest and recalibrate. Theyll be fine.

This so much telling you we will pick it back up, but I agree Thabo is an even bigger part of this than last thought. Still wondering what's cooking I know another trade has to happen before we get over the Hump I know it does dam*** get a legit C down here.

So how would anyone feel about Enes Kanter report was saying he's unhappy in Utah if I'm not mistaken he's 7'0 and might be 260??

Ive mentioned Kanter quite a few times before.

He's Pero on steroids.

And the Hawks aren't gonna go out and get a "non" finesse big man. There'd be no point. If all we want is some guy who rebounds and blocks shots go grab some Joe blow from the Dleague. That kinda guy doesn't fit the offense.

Ive mentioned Kanter quite a few times before.

He's Pero on steroids.

And the Hawks aren't gonna go out and get a "non" finesse big man. There'd be no point. If all we want is some guy who rebounds and blocks shots go grab some Joe blow from the Dleague. That kinda guy doesn't fit the offense.

I'm confused to if you want him or not though.

Also Andrew Nicholson, Affalo, Most of Nuggets etc, and even Goran Dtagic is available. Think there are others to me I'd take on Kanter just for the simple fact he gives us double Pero production.

Still though just throwing names out and these are actual rumors too.

Probably made some mistakes typing on phone.

I'm confused to if you want him or not though.

Also Andrew Nicholson, Affalo, Most of Nuggets etc, and even Goran Dtagic is available. Think there are others to me I'd take on Kanter just for the simple fact he gives us double Pero production.

Still though just throwing names out and these are actual rumors too.

Probably made some mistakes typing on phone.

Lol yes I like Kanter. He'd be the best rebounder on our roster from day one. He's a much more "consistent" 3 pt shooter than pero. They do pretty much the exact same things, Kanter just does them all better. Thats why I called him pero on steroids.

I'm pretty sure I haven't gone a week around here for the past 2 years without saying to trade for afflalo.

Lol yes I like Kanter. He'd be the best rebounder on our roster from day one. He's a much more "consistent" 3 pt shooter than pero. They do pretty much the exact same things, Kanter just does them all better. Thats why I called him pero on steroids.

I'm pretty sure I haven't gone a week around here for the past 2 years without saying to trade for afflalo.

Affalo carries a high price tag what would it be to get Kanter, Affalo, and then Ray Allen.

While giving up Pero, Jenkins, and Payne lol.

Maybe just Jenkins and Payne

Affalo carries a high price tag what would it be to get Kanter, Affalo, and then Ray Allen.

While giving up Pero, Jenkins, and Payne lol.

Maybe just Jenkins and Payne

Afflalo won't be expensive. He has a player option for next year and I'm pretty sure he won't exercise it in Denver lol.

So afflalo is pretty much a rental and the nuggets get nothing by keeping him.

The only downside to afflalo is either you get him for half a season or you have to pay him next year.

Id glad trade shelvin Mack for him

So have yall heard anything on any possible interest we might have on Kanter? Also will he be willing to take a little bit less minutes than he got with the Jazz?(cause I don't think Bud wants to shake the starting lineup AT ALL)

So have yall heard anything on any possible interest we might have on Kanter? Also will he be willing to take a little bit less minutes than he got with the Jazz?(cause I don't think Bud wants to shake the starting lineup AT ALL)

I don't think Kanter would be happy with his role here. He wants out of Utah because he wants to showcase himself before he hits free agency.

And for the first part, you will never hear anything about the hawks making a move. Theyre ninjas.

I don't think Kanter would be happy with his role here. He wants out of Utah because he wants to showcase himself before he hits free agency.

And for the first part, you will never hear anything about the hawks making a move. Theyre ninjas.

While I think our tight locker room could make it work, he'd be a potential source of contention nonetheless and you'd likely have to give up something along the lines of a first to get him. I mean maybe that would be the trade to put us over the top but that's alot to give up for a half year rental coming off the bench.

While I think our tight locker room could make it work, he'd be a potential source of contention nonetheless and you'd likely have to give up something along the lines of a first to get him. I mean maybe that would be the trade to put us over the top but that's alot to give up for a half year rental coming off the bench.

For a guy who defensively isnt exactly what you want. If we want to stick with a guy that can step out and hit open shots, Kanter is about all thats available, but he sounds like a bit of a diva.

Amare rebounds just the same and will cost nothing.

Damm at 43-11 I know we are nit-picking but I think for them to take the next step in making a run in the playoffs they have to address this weakness.

Nothing so far

EDIT: Dang my phone didn't update me with all these posts lol seriously last thing my phone showed was atlfalcon post about anything else on Kanter etc.

Still though haven't heard anything else so far though have to look around, but having Affalo and Kanter would actually be considered an upgrade right now.