Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1,241 posts in this topic

If they keep playing like they have lately they'll be really lucky to make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. The offense has been **** because they have fallen in love with the jump shot and aren't making enough. The defense has been **** because they can't rebound to save their lives.

Millsap has been a huge disappointment lately.

It's usually his guy going bonkers on the boards.

He keeps missing FTs.

And he's more concerned with whining at the refs than playing his usual tough game.

Hawks are 3-3 in February.

This thread needs to be deleted.

Should have never started this thread. Should have kept the Jan thread going.

I appreciate the fans here feeling this. This is good for us. Wake up call. There is only one way that this team can win consistently and its all or nothing.

I think this would have gone over better if the hawks hadn't played poorly for the past 2 weeks(save golden state). The effort had been extremely lacking on the glass during that time period and as fans it's disappointing to see that.

This game kind of just compounded all of that and multiplied the lack of effort times 10. It sucks to watch your team not give a ****.

Right now there defense and rebounding has to be addressed. 43-11 is still a great record but this team has to make adjustments now to thrive in the playoffs.

Wouldn't mind so much if we didn't have to wait at least a week for another Hawks game :( It's like when the Falcons go into a bye week with a loss

Right now there defense and rebounding has to be addressed. 43-11 is still a great record but this team has to make adjustments now to thrive in the playoffs.

The defense will fix itself once the rebounding is addressed. Everyone is still generally in the right spots but when you give them 20 to 30 extra possesions your players are gonna get tired and the other team is bound to score points.

blkbigdog35 likes this

It also sucks that now the whole all star break is going to be spent with media folk constantly talking about how we can't rebound and how they think we will "fall off" in the second half.

AF89 likes this

It also sucks that now the whole all star break is going to be spent with media folk constantly talking about how we can't rebound and how they think we will "fall off" in the second half.

This This This This

Seriously I was really looking forward to the ASG. Still am but tonight has killed some of that excitement for me.

The defense will fix itself once the rebounding is addressed. Everyone is still generally in the right spots but when you give them 20 to 30 extra possesions your players are gonna get tired and the other team is bound to score points.

I can think of 9 points tonight that came because someone got an easy offensive rebound and kicked it out for an open shot.

Sad thing is there were like 12 MORE offensive rebounds that I can't remember lol.

Rebounding is truly the only reason our defense has slacked. Well and Thabo shutting dudes down.

I think this would have gone over better if the hawks hadn't played poorly for the past 2 weeks(save golden state). The effort had been extremely lacking on the glass during that time period and as fans it's disappointing to see that.

This game kind of just compounded all of that and multiplied the lack of effort times 10. It sucks to watch your team not give a ****.

I get what your saying but my buddy at work and I expected this. It's a wake up call.

Reason why i said Atlanta has to overcome incredible odds to win the Finals. And that's having a small front court,horrible rebounding team,no go to player. Not a good mixture

You ain't wrong but tonight doesn't change the fact that we've been running through the contenders and their really isn't really anyone we haven't beat on our own nights. Hawks still the team to beat in the East going into the ASG but Raptors, Cavs and maybe Bulls are closing.

HolyMoses likes this

If there is one positive thing to take from tonight it's that the FO now has plenty of incentive to now try to make some kind of move before the deadline they may not have otherwise felt they needed to make if we closed this week out winning and that might make all the difference come June.

Edit:

I take it back, there is a second positive as it moves Boston to within 1/2 a game of Brooklyn possibly increasing the value of our pick

HolyMoses likes this