Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1,241 posts in this topic

Hearing Derrick Rose's and KLove's name being mentioned, I hope not - Knight deserves it.

If Rose or Love get added it's just a cheap tool to boost ratings regardless of who deserves it.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015
Dwyane Wade out, Kyle Korver in

By Michael Wallace
ESPN.com

MIAMI -- Dwyane Wade said he won't play in Sunday's All-Star Game because he would rather return from his latest injury absence in a Miami Heat uniform first.

Atlanta's Kyle Korver was selected to replace Wade on the Eastern Conference All-Star team.

NBA All-Star 2015

2015_NBA_ASG_110x62.png?&transparent=tru The stars are out in New York City for the 64th NBA All-Star Game. We've got the weekend covered. ASG Index »

"The Heat fans deserve for me to get on the court with the Heat first than be out seven games and then play in the All-Star Game," Wade said after Tuesday's practice in Miami. "I wasn't going to play much either way it goes. The smartest thing to do will be to use this All-Star break and strengthen myself a little more for the second-half push."

Wade has been sidelined for two weeks to recover from a right hamstring injury, and the Heat's leading scorer will miss his seventh consecutive game Wednesday against LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers. Wade did practice Tuesday and traveled with the team to Cleveland but said it was too soon to try to test the hamstring against the Cavaliers.

This is the third time this season Wade has been out with a hamstring injury to either leg. He has missed 16 games this season for the struggling Heat, who are 22-29 and fighting to remain in contention for one of the final playoff spots in the Eastern Conference. Wade is averaging 21.4 points and 5.4 assists this season, but has been unable to stay on the court consistently.

Wade said he met with Heat president Pat Riley earlier this week before a decision was reached on his status for Sunday's All-Star Game at Madison Square Garden.

Wade, an 11-time All-Star, was selected as a reserve after being voted a starter by fans for the past seven seasons. He will travel to New York for the weekend to participate in several league functions as well as for his charitable ventures.

With Wade stepping aside, it opened a spot in the East that was filled by commissioner Adam Silver. Korver is averaging 12.9 points and shooting 52.8 percent from 3-point range for the Hawks (43-10), who have the NBA's best record and are sending three All-Stars to New York, in addition to coach Mike Budenholzer.

"We communicated with them earlier," Wade said of informing the league of his intentions. "Coach Riley and I sat down and talked about what was the best thing to do and I felt this was best. I'd rather have someone who's had a really good year go out there and get their first All-Star appearance. It will be even more special for them."

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Dwyane Wade out, Kyle Korver in

By Michael Wallace

ESPN.com

MIAMI -- Dwyane Wade said he won't play in Sunday's All-Star Game because he would rather return from his latest injury absence in a Miami Heat uniform first.

Atlanta's Kyle Korver was selected to replace Wade on the Eastern Conference All-Star team.

NBA All-Star 2015

2015_NBA_ASG_110x62.png?&transparent=tru The stars are out in New York City for the 64th NBA All-Star Game. We've got the weekend covered. ASG Index »

"The Heat fans deserve for me to get on the court with the Heat first than be out seven games and then play in the All-Star Game," Wade said after Tuesday's practice in Miami. "I wasn't going to play much either way it goes. The smartest thing to do will be to use this All-Star break and strengthen myself a little more for the second-half push."

Wade has been sidelined for two weeks to recover from a right hamstring injury, and the Heat's leading scorer will miss his seventh consecutive game Wednesday against LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers. Wade did practice Tuesday and traveled with the team to Cleveland but said it was too soon to try to test the hamstring against the Cavaliers.

This is the third time this season Wade has been out with a hamstring injury to either leg. He has missed 16 games this season for the struggling Heat, who are 22-29 and fighting to remain in contention for one of the final playoff spots in the Eastern Conference. Wade is averaging 21.4 points and 5.4 assists this season, but has been unable to stay on the court consistently.

Wade said he met with Heat president Pat Riley earlier this week before a decision was reached on his status for Sunday's All-Star Game at Madison Square Garden.

Wade, an 11-time All-Star, was selected as a reserve after being voted a starter by fans for the past seven seasons. He will travel to New York for the weekend to participate in several league functions as well as for his charitable ventures.

With Wade stepping aside, it opened a spot in the East that was filled by commissioner Adam Silver. Korver is averaging 12.9 points and shooting 52.8 percent from 3-point range for the Hawks (43-10), who have the NBA's best record and are sending three All-Stars to New York, in addition to coach Mike Budenholzer.

"We communicated with them earlier," Wade said of informing the league of his intentions. "Coach Riley and I sat down and talked about what was the best thing to do and I felt this was best. I'd rather have someone who's had a really good year go out there and get their first All-Star appearance. It will be even more special for them."

palance1.gif

blkbigdog35 and freebird310 like this

We'll basically get to see what Jimmy Butler would look like as an Atlanta Hawk (you know if we play'd exhibition games all the time)

Gasol would be fun too

Hawks-Celtics Preview

STATS LLC

The All-Star break might not provide much rest for the Atlanta Hawks, particularly with a fourth player now set to take part in the league's annual exhibition.

A matchup with a sub-.500 opponent figures to send them into the layoff on a positive note, though the scrappy Celtics may be able to exploit one of Atlanta's few weaknesses Wednesday night in Boston.

Atlanta (43-10) will send four players to this weekend's festivities in New York with Tuesday's announcement that Kyle Korver was selected by league commissioner Adam Silver to replace the injured Dwyane Wade. Korver, who can become the first player in NBA history to hit better than 50 percent of field goals and 3-pointers and better than 90 percent of free throws, joins Paul Millsap, Al Horford and Jeff Teague.

"He is an integral part of our team and we are extremely proud that Kyle will be able to join his teammates Al, Paul and Jeff in being recognized this weekend," coach Mike Budenholzer said. "This is a positive reflection on all of the work the entire team, coaching staff and organization has put in this season."

The Hawks still haven't lost consecutive games since Nov. 15-18, following Sunday's 94-88 loss at Memphis with a 117-105 win at Minnesota on Monday. They shot 51.2 against the Timberwolves after being held to a 41.3 percent clip against the Grizzlies, which was their lowest mark in 20 games.

Horford scored a season-high 28 points Monday while DeMarre Carroll had a career-high 26 and Millsap added 19. The starting frontline trio was 28 of 44 after going 7 for 30 against the Grizzlies.

"It's rare, but you're going to have nights like that sometimes, every now and then. ... The shots I took today were no different than last night, today they just happened to fall," Horford said. "It's hard to explain."

Carroll, who owns the lowest scoring average among Atlanta's starters (12.0 ppg), has scored 16.0 points per game on 53.3 percent shooting in his last four matchups with Boston.

For all of the Hawks' success, they have been outrebounded in four of five while averaging a minus-12.0 margin on the boards in that span. Their minus-2.6 margin on the season ranks 26th.

Boston (19-31), the last team with four All-Stars in 2010-11, has averaged a plus-5.0 rebounding margin over its last four games and ranks seventh with 14.4 second-chance points per game. Atlanta is 29th allowing 14.7 per game, giving up 22 and 26 in its last two.

The Celtics have played better basketball lately, winning six of 11 with losses to first-place Golden State and likely playoff-bound Houston and Milwaukee coming by a combined nine points.

They trailed by as many as 14 in Saturday's 96-93 loss to the Bucks.

"We had opportunities late, we just didn't capitalize on it," said Jae Crowder, who has averaged 12.0 points over his last four games after averaging 4.9 previously. "But, we can't dig ourselves a 14-point hole on a back-to-back on the road. Nine times out of 10, that's a tough game to come out of with a win."

Atlanta won two meetings already, including a 105-91 victory in Boston on Jan. 14 in which Horford and Korver got the night off.

Korver is 14 of 18 from 3-point range over his last three meetings.

No let downs tonite, I am going to go ahead on start a little drinking, gonna pour a big chilled glass of tart Rhine wine that I like... ......stomach empty but the head chef is stepping me up some fish tacos up in the kitchen as we speak, I picked up a nice piece of red snapper earlier for her to lovingly prepare .........

Celtics will fk us up tonite if we let them......

No let downs tonite, I am going to go ahead on start a little drinking, gonna pour a big chilled glass of tart Rhine wine that I like... ......stomach empty but the head chef is stepping me up some fish tacos up in the kitchen as we speak, I picked up a nice piece of red snapper earlier for her to lovingly prepare .........

Celtics will fk us up tonite if we let them......

We are a much better team on several levels. The only thing that worries me is that they've been resting since Saturday, we've played 2 road games since then, only had one night off and we have to travel to Boston to boot. This will me a test of endurance.

freebird310 likes this

We are a much better team on several levels. The only thing that worries me is that they've been resting since Saturday, we've played 2 road games since then, only had one night off and we have to travel to Boston to boot. This will me a test of endurance.

Yep we have been riding a big wave last few weeks, man the break is something I know everyone is looking forward to from the top levels down to us fans ....it is just so much fun right now and we got a lot of reasons to enjoy the ASG as well ....