Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1,241 posts in this topic

What is the deal with our society playing the ever living **** out of certain songs?

I hear shake it off and uptown funk playing in random places AT LEAST 5 times a day.

What is the deal with our society playing the ever living **** out of certain songs?

I hear shake it off and uptown funk playing in random places AT LEAST 5 times a day.

We can't have nice things. Oh that song is catchy? Let's play it every 45 minutes until everyone ******* hates it.

We can't have nice things. Oh that song is catchy? Let's play it every 45 minutes until everyone ******* hates it.

Its always Bruno Mars and Taylor Swift.

Got a new song? PUT IT ON EVERYTHING

WOR you just now realizing that I think honestly since I was in high school that's the reason I put Rap music down completely. They got me like

Bruh.jpg

Thursday, February 5, 2015

All 5 Hawks starters honored by NBA

ESPN.com news services

ATLANTA -- The Hawks were rewarded for the first 17-0 month in NBA history with another first on Wednesday -- all five starters were selected Eastern Conference players of the month for January.

All-Stars Paul Millsap, Jeff Teague and Al Horford were honored by the league, along with the other starters, Kyle Korver and DeMarre Carroll. They all averaged in double figures for the month, but none were at 20 points per game, showing the balance that has marked the team's surprising rise.

Hawks' 5-Man Lineup Soared in January

The quintet of Hawks sharing Eastern Conference Player of the Month outscored their opponents by 72 points when on the court together in January, best among all 5-man lineups in the East.

Best 5-man East combos in January

Plus-Minus

Horford-Teague-Millsap-Korver-Carroll +72

Horford-Korver-Schroder-Scott-Sefolosha +51

James-Love-Irving-Mozgov-Smith +35

-- ESPN Stats & Information

The Hawks won a franchise-record 19 games in a row until a loss at New Orleans on Monday night. They rebounded Wednesday night with a 105-96 victory over the Wizards and have a comfortable lead in the East. Atlanta is just percentage points behind Golden State for the best overall record.

The win over the Wizards stretched the Hawks' current winning streak vs. Eastern Conference games to 13 games, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Houston's James Harden was chosen Western Conference player of the month. He averaged 25.8 points a game in January, along with 6.7 assists and 2.2 steals while shooting 42.6 percent from 3-point range.

The Hawks said it's the first time in NBA history that all five starters from one team were named players of the month. Atlanta outscored its opponents by an average of 11.9 points a game in January.

"It's definitely fun," Millsap said. "Especially when, as a team, everybody's contributing. When everybody's contributing, everybody's happy."

Millsap led the team in scoring for the month (18.3 points per game), followed by Horford (17.1), Teague (16.6), Korver (13.4) and Carroll (12.3). Millsap paced the Hawks in rebounding (8.0), Teague was the leader in assists (8.5) and steals (1.8), Horford ranked first in blocks (1.4) and Korver was the top 3-point shooter (56.7 percent).

"We appreciate the recognition of our starters' play during this past month. It is reflective of all the work our entire team and organization has put in," said coach Mike Budenholzer, who will lead the East in the All-Star Game. "We place a strong emphasis on having the right approach every day and making daily improvement. Collectively, we know that we have a lot more work to do this season and look forward to continue growing as a team."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Warriors-Hawks Preview

For two teams with no division titles over the past two decades, the Atlanta Hawks and Golden State Warriors facing off in February wasn't a matchup anyone marked on the calendar a few months ago.

It has turned into possibly the biggest game of the season thus far.

Both teams ran off the longest winning streaks in franchise history en route to the top of their respective conferences, leaving the NBA's best record up for grabs Friday night when the Warriors try to hand the Hawks their first home loss in six weeks.

Golden State coach Steve Kerr, though, tried to downplay the showdown's significance.

"It's a fun game, it doesn't really mean a whole lot if we win or lose in terms of the big picture," he said. "Both teams are having great seasons. One loss, one win, not sure what that means, but it's a great test and it's a great challenge. ... I think we're all looking forward to it."

Kerr's club had the league's top record nearly all season, thanks greatly to a 16-game win streak which went into mid-December, but was overtaken last week with Atlanta (41-9) having reeled off 19 consecutive victories. That run ended Monday in New Orleans, and the Warriors (39-8) have won three straight to reclaim the lead by percentage points.

The Hawks still own an 11-game home win streak dating to Dec. 26, their longest since a 12-game run to close 2009-10, after beating Washington 105-96 on Wednesday. Their 24-3 home record is second to the 23-2 mark of Golden State, which has lost five of eight on the road.

These teams have employed similarly unselfish, well-rounded styles to become title contenders, even though Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson give Golden State two of the league's top 10 scorers while Atlanta has no one in the top 30. The Warriors and Hawks rank 1-2 in assists per game and 3-point accuracy.

Golden State owns the NBA's top offense, averaging 111.1 points on 48.4 percent shooting, but also holds opponents to a league-low 42.1 percent. The Hawks are among the leaders in all those categories, and they were recently rewarded by becoming the first team in league history to have their starting five named as the Eastern Conference players of the month after a 17-0 January.

"I think it's reflective of all the work that everyone's putting in each day," coach Mike Budenholzer said. "I'm just appreciative of that recognition for their work this last month."

These teams haven't played since March, and Golden State has won the past five meetings. However, Atlanta didn't have an injured Al Horford for four of them, and fellow All-Star big manPaul Millsap only played the last two. Their absences allowed Warriors forward David Lee to key the streak with 20.2 points per game on 56.3 percent shooting.

Curry and Thompson have been ineffective offensively during that run, averaging a combined 22.8 points and missing 32 of 42 3-point tries, but they've helped shut down Atlanta's backcourt. Jeff Teague has averaged 10.8 points on 33.8 percent shooting in the past six matchups, and Kyle Korver has totaled 15 points over the last three while going 3 of 15 on 3s.

Curry is coming off a 51-point performance which included 10 3-pointers in a 128-114 win over Dallas on Wednesday, when the Warriors erased a 22-point deficit. Thompson, who had 52 points and 11 3-pointers against Sacramento two weeks ago, chipped in four 3s as Golden State hit a season-high 19 and improved to 36-2 when making at least 10.

"It's the best backcourt in the league. What these guys do from the 3-point line is amazing," Kerr said. "So when you have that threat, you're always able to be in a game."

The Hawks, who last won the Central Division in 1993-94, have an eight-game lead over Toronto atop the East. The Warriors are three ahead of Memphis in the West and on track for their first division crown since '75-76 as they begin a four-game trip which leads into the All-Star break.

"I'm just looking forward to another game, we got a long road trip," Warriors veteran Andre Iguodala said. "More than Atlanta is just seeing how we continue to play night in and night out, no matter who we go up against. Bringing the energy, playing our style of basketball and getting better."