Had My Psl Sales Meeting Today

You could default your PSL but obviously you would lose the PSL amount you paid. The way to go would be to sell your PSL in the secondary market. There are multiple broker sites where you could sell your PSL...On the other hand you are also entitled to transfer the PSL to anyone or sell it on your own...

Sure..but it won't be easy to transfer a PSL that comes with a lifetime contract to purchase season tickets if the team is no good. You won't even be able to give it away.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my meeting today with the new stadium PSL sales folks. The presentation is very good. There is a scale model,of the new stadium, a small sample of what the halo video board will look like, demo

The Sales guy was "friendly" lol Dang would never have thunk that.

Posted Images

You could default your PSL but obviously you would lose the PSL amount you paid. The way to go would be to sell your PSL in the secondary market. There are multiple broker sites where you could sell your PSL...On the other hand you are also entitled to transfer the PSL to anyone or sell it on your own...

Sure..but it won't be easy to transfer a PSL that comes with a lifetime contract to purchase season tickets if the team is no good. You won't even be able to give it away.

You are right about that...It is a very risky investment...If it comes to that, you will end up losing the money you paid for the PSL.

You don't seem to understand...at least about what I'm saying. Say you've had 4 season tickets in the first row on the 45 yard line for the past 45 years.....They're telling you know you either have to pony up $180,000.00 or get the **** outta those seats!

A fabulous way to say thanks to those loyal enough to sit through season after season of crap.

You explain to me how that is even remotely fair to longtime Falcon fans......Go ahead, I'll wait.

That I do understand. and I think there should be something done for those who have been fans for over 15 years. while for the rest they haven't put in enough. Arthur blank lowered prices when he got here, I never saw a falcon fan say, "hey you know what, let me give you 200$ more just cause it should be that".

And majority of the current season ticket holders for Atlanta are less then 5 years.

I am currently in 234 (endzone mezz)

Projecting the current PSL prices we know. I am assuming a PSL in a section similar to what I have will be between $2500-$5000 a seat.

Agree/Disagree? I know it is all speculation at this point.

Maybe even less for the end zone....Most of the current club seats (between the 15 yard lines) are being relocated to the lower level. The Piedmont Club level -between the 35 yard lines- will only have about 450 seats on each side. The seats on the 35 yard line and lower in the mezzanine level, will no longer be consider Club section. You could potentially upgrade to the 35 yard line. My guess, the PSL for these will run between $ 2,500 and 5,000.

I am currently in 234 (endzone mezz)

Projecting the current PSL prices we know. I am assuming a PSL in a section similar to what I have will be between $2500-$5000 a seat.

Agree/Disagree? I know it is all speculation at this point.

I assume $1k to $2k for endzone. Remember one side of the stadium, there is no endzone mezzanine or upper deck.

That I do understand. and I think there should be something done for those who have been fans for over 15 years. while for the rest they haven't put in enough. Arthur blank lowered prices when he got here, I never saw a falcon fan say, "hey you know what, let me give you 200$ more just cause it should be that".

And majority of the current season ticket holders for Atlanta are less then 5 years.

Not sure I agree that there aren't that many longtime STHs in Atlanta. As bad as The Bucs have been over the years, I know there's more than a few like myself, that have had 'em since day one of the franchise.

You show me where Blank is doing anything to take care of those folks, and I'll back off...a bit.

But the numbers I see here are nothing short of insane for the REAL Falcon fans, and not the wine&cheese crowd that will be there for no other reason, but to be seen, and spend the $$ many of 'em made off the backs of the REAL Falcon fans.

Question...

If someone buys a PSL for the 30 year lease, Will they offer a seat relocation process like they currently do? Or are you locked into that seat for 30 years?

If you don't want to post again I understand, you can answer in a private message if you wish.

You're locked into your seat unless:

- you find someone to buy your seat

- you find someone willing to sell their seat to you

- the team approves your request to sell your seat

- the buyer signs an affidavit that they're not buying the seat for a commercial purpose, AND

- you pay a transfer fee.

Nothing like buying something at astronomical prices and then having to ask permission, and pay yet another fee, to get rid of it.

OK, I know I said I wasn't going to post anymore, but I do have to correct something posted that was incorrect. I am not financing my tickets over 10 years. Fans are given the option to pay the full PSL price up front, or choose long term (10 year) financing. The latter requires only 10% at the time of the contract signing, and interest does not start until March 2017. If you pay the full PSL price by then, there is no interest or finance charge. That is what I am doing, and I think almost everyone would choose that option with the plan to pay off before having to pay interest.

I think that most on the board are determining whether or not the new stadium (and pricing structure) is a good idea based on their individual preferences. Although some on the board would be happy watching games played in a cow pasture in driving rain, that is not where the NFL is any more. I am grateful that it is not like that. The demographic for the NFL now is for more affluent fans who are willing to pay a premium to see something special that cannot be duplicated in their living room. We may not all like it, but that is the reality of the NFL in 2015.

I understand that long time fans feel cheated that they cannot keep their 45 yard line seats for the same price that they have had them, but the truth is that they have been getting them for much less than market rates for the last few years. That perk is gone. The benefit that they will get with the new stadium, I believe, is that they will have the first choice on other seats. I feel confident that they will be able to get good seats (not on the 45 field level, though) for what they have been paying, but will have to buy a PSL. Based on other stadiums, non Club PSLs range from $250 to 10k, depending on where the seats are. Ticket prices are locked in place for the first 3 years in the new stadium. My ticket prices for the first 3 years are actually less than what I am paying now with comparable seats.

Also, I'm curious. How many of you are currently season ticket holders with no PSL? I am surprised to read that several of the most vocal opponents of the new stadium haven't had season tickets for years or are not even Falcons fans. How exactly does this affect you? If you didn't see the value in season tickets before a PSL, I'm not surprised that you wouldn't after.

Also, I'm curious. How many of you are currently season ticket holders with no PSL? I am surprised to read that several of the most vocal opponents of the new stadium haven't had season tickets for years or are not even Falcons fans. How exactly does this affect you? If you didn't see the value in season tickets before a PSL, I'm not surprised that you wouldn't after.

Thought you were leaving?

Edited by Jpowers

the last six seasons for me lower level corner endzone section 101. The problem is I am the "blue collar" falcon fan hanging on. Season tics are a big choice for me every year and I have sat through a lot of good and a lot of bad the last two seasons. So, what will I get for my loyalty? PSL's and some corporation taking my seats.

Excuse me if I share my dissatisfaction for PSL's the same way you seem to enjoy them.

Guess I should have gone to med school (BTW I think you're Reggie Roberts)

Edited by Nono

Not sure I agree that there aren't that many longtime STHs in Atlanta. As bad as The Bucs have been over the years, I know there's more than a few like myself, that have had 'em since day one of the franchise.

You show me where Blank is doing anything to take care of those folks, and I'll back off...a bit.

But the numbers I see here are nothing short of insane for the REAL Falcon fans, and not the wine&cheese crowd that will be there for no other reason, but to be seen, and spend the $$ many of 'em made off the backs of the REAL Falcon fans.

1. Real falcon fans have nothing to do with this. Being a STH for 20+ years or 1 year or not being a STH, does not make you a real fan.

2. http://articles.latimes.com/2003/jul/31/sports/sp-falcons31

Arthur Blank, the Home Depot co-founder who bought the Falcons for $545 million before last season, took a do-it-yourself approach to franchise repair. Even though the team already had the league's lowest average ticket price, Blank lowered season-ticket prices even more, cutting the cost of 10-game upper-level packages to $100 and $240 from $330 and $370. The $10-a-game seat was the team's cheapest since 1976.

He walked the blocks surrounding the Georgia Dome to check out the parking situation, then increased the number of spaces for season-ticket holders from 2,000 to 20,000 within a half-mile of the stadium. He built Falcons Landing, an interactive park adjacent to the Georgia Dome.

So there you go. Things Blank has done. Now I do agree peple who have been a STH for 15+ years should have something for them with the PSL bit. as for the others who are below that, should not. Simply because they took advantage of blank lowering the prices. Which meant blank was losing money. BUT the way blank ended up getting more money was because new STH came about (sense it was so cheap).

So Blank has PSL in the high dollar club seats at 30-45,000$. And that is less then a lot of places that do PSL.

People act like PSL is a huge knife in the stomach. but the Georgia Dome cost 360 million dollars to have it built, while the new dome is costing over a billion dollars. And yet Blank is not rasing ticket prices. In fact he lowered it for the op.

So lets play a game. People since blank have been saving 10-100's$ per game. over just a ten year span that is 1000$-10,000$. (based on 10 games a season.). And yet people are crying about they have to pay a PSL of probably a price around that? And our Ticket prices are going to be lower.

- oh and you get to sit in a 1.4 billion$ stadium versus a 0.3 stadium.

so what is the problem? people being hurt that they are having to pay for something they should have been paying for?

And yes I understand some do not like the fact of getting a new stadium. But that is the way it has gone. it just sucks.

1. Real falcon fans have nothing to do with this. Being a STH for 20+ years or 1 year or not being a STH, does not make you a real fan.

2. http://articles.latimes.com/2003/jul/31/sports/sp-falcons31

So there you go. Things Blank has done. Now I do agree peple who have been a STH for 15+ years should have something for them with the PSL bit. as for the others who are below that, should not. Simply because they took advantage of blank lowering the prices. Which meant blank was losing money. BUT the way blank ended up getting more money was because new STH came about (sense it was so cheap).

So Blank has PSL in the high dollar club seats at 30-45,000$. And that is less then a lot of places that do PSL.

People act like PSL is a huge knife in the stomach. but the Georgia Dome cost 360 million dollars to have it built, while the new dome is costing over a billion dollars. And yet Blank is not rasing ticket prices. In fact he lowered it for the op.

So lets play a game. People since blank have been saving 10-100's$ per game. over just a ten year span that is 1000$-10,000$. (based on 10 games a season.). And yet people are crying about they have to pay a PSL of probably a price around that? And our Ticket prices are going to be lower.

- oh and you get to sit in a 1.4 billion$ stadium versus a 0.3 stadium.

so what is the problem? people being hurt that they are having to pay for something they should have been paying for?

And yes I understand some do not like the fact of getting a new stadium. But that is the way it has gone. it just sucks.

Change your name to Baboon - You are a bigger Munky than you think you are.

I had season tickets on the 48-yard line, row 20. Now those seats are suddenly the club section and have a $45,000 PSL, each.

THAT's exactly how it affects me.

No it's not 45,000$ you read that one report very wrong. that report was just for Club seats. you can copy and paste that article here if you want. pay close attention to it. it was meaning upper and lower "club" seats. nothing has come out on any other PSL prices for the other sections besides the Club level.

No it's not 45,000$ you read that one report very wrong. that report was just for Club seats. you can copy and paste that article here if you want. pay close attention to it. it was meaning upper and lower "club" seats. nothing has come out on any other PSL prices for the other sections besides the Club level.

I read it right, and this straight from the stadium website. PSL's for sideline, lower level seats where I used to sit are $45,000 each, regardless of what the section is called now.

falcons-psl-map.jpg?w=640&h=495

I read it right, and this straight from the stadium website. PSL's for sideline, lower level seats where I used to sit are $45,000 each, regardless of what the section is called now.

falcons-psl-map.jpg?w=640&h=495

To me that looks like the middle level seats are the ones that are 45k, the club seats, not the lower level. The lower level is 20k and 15k. Not sure what the gray is.

I see no black on the lower level, which is the color that represents 45k.

Edited by FalconFanSince1969

To me that looks like the middle level seats are the ones that are 45k, the club seats, not the lower level. The lower level is 20k and 15k. Not sure what the gray is.

I see no black on the lower level, which is the color that represents 45k.

Here's a better picture:

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2015/01/08/New_Falcons_stadium_PSL_seating_map_2.pdf

Now, tell me which section is $45,000. I'll wait.

I'm a current STH and I'll be going to the new stadium. I'm not missing it. It's going to be great. I'm just not going to be in club level seats.