Had My Psl Sales Meeting Today

In the new stadium - if all tickets were priced the same (I understand that they are not) where would the most desirable seats be and where would the second most desirable seats be?

With the new stadium design, most views should be better than comparable in the Dome. The field level seats actually start 12 feet above field level, and the seats are angled for better views from the lower bowl. The mezzanine is slightly higher and farther away than current Verizon Club and mezzanine seats, but they are right above the suites, so will still be very good. Upper level will have good sight lines and be more open, so you don't get the claustrophobic cave feel any more.

The field level Club seats have their club (Champions) under the field level seats (that's partly why the seats are 12 feet up) and will have patios that extend out to behind the benches and sidelines. The mezzanine club seats have their club (Piedmont) at the top of the mezzanine level. It is smaller than the other clubs, but is open so can easily see the game from a table or barstool while in the club. The club openings can be closed off for bad weather (heavy rain or extreme heat). The pics of the clubs show that they will be a huge upgrade from what we have now. It was specifically mentioned that bathroom access would be much better throughout the stadium, and food choices throughout would be better (Georgia World Congress controls this in the Dome, not Falcons).

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my meeting today with the new stadium PSL sales folks. The presentation is very good. There is a scale model,of the new stadium, a small sample of what the halo video board will look like, demo

The Sales guy was "friendly" lol Dang would never have thunk that.

Posted Images

With the new stadium design, most views should be better than comparable in the Dome. The field level seats actually start 12 feet above field level, and the seats are angled for better views from the lower bowl. The mezzanine is slightly higher and farther away than current Verizon Club and mezzanine seats, but they are right above the suites, so will still be very good. Upper level will have good sight lines and be more open, so you don't get the claustrophobic cave feel any more.

The field level Club seats have their club (Champions) under the field level seats (that's partly why the seats are 12 feet up) and will have patios that extend out to behind the benches and sidelines. The mezzanine club seats have their club (Piedmont) at the top of the mezzanine level. It is smaller than the other clubs, but is open so can easily see the game from a table or barstool while in the club. The club openings can be closed off for bad weather (heavy rain or extreme heat). The pics of the clubs show that they will be a huge upgrade from what we have now. It was specifically mentioned that bathroom access would be much better throughout the stadium, and food choices throughout would be better (Georgia World Congress controls this in the Dome, not Falcons).

And you really expect us to believe you don't work for the Falcons Ticket/PSL Dept.?

Dude, you're insulting the intelligence of every Falcon fan here! Do your superiors know you're doing this?

You all should call the ticket office and complain about this guy. Unless of course, they instructed him to do this...

How low can you get?

If I were a Diehard Falcon fan, I'd be pissed that they'd send someone into their team message board lying about his identity, just to hawk these ridiculous PSLs.

shake.gif

One other nice change is that there are large outdoor patio areas (much larger than Falcons Landing altogether) that are actually inside the stadium property (requires your ticket to get in). They are doing this so people have an incentive to enter the property with their ticket early and then hang around. This will clear a lot of the congestion getting into the stadium and allow people to get to their seats in time for kickoff easier. I saw this at the Dallas Stadium and it made for a much better experience for everyone at the game. You can see the patio areas a little in the end view picture above.

And you really expect us to believe you don't work for the Falcons Ticket/PSL Dept.?

Dude, you're insulting the intelligence of every Falcon fan here! Do your superiors know you're doing this?

You all should call the ticket office and complain about this guy. Unless of course, they instructed him to do this...

How low can you get?

If I were a Diehard Falcon fan, I'd be pissed that they'd send someone into their team message board lying about his identity, just to hawk these ridiculous PSLs.

shake.gif

I was given a great presentation by the Falcons sales team. As I said, they were friendly and knowledgeable. You should call to visit the Preview Center when you can go and then you can get excited about our future too. One of your fellow ranters already tracked me down through my practice website and posted my picture on the board. I spoke with a reporter from the AJC yesterday writing a story about the new stadium and the Preview Center, so you probably have my full name (not just my last name, age, photograph, occupation, and home area) soon. Sorry if you can't understand why real fans would be excited about this.

Doc, I wanted to believe you - but in my mind you blew it here - you don't work for the Falcons, you work for the company the Falcons hired to sell the tix - this info is way too detailed and way too much more info than is in the public domain, and more information than anyone buying club seats would care to know about - I have had tix in the upper level for 15 years and I have no idea what this cave feel is - yet you want to represent that in selling you club seats in the mezzanine level someone took the time to explain to you the benefits of the new upper deck (which is apparently further feom the field than the dome)?

I truly. Wanted to believe you, but you in sales man

Doc, I wanted to believe you - but in my mind you blew it here - you don't work for the Falcons, you work for the company the Falcons hired to sell the tix - this info is way too detailed and way too much more info than is in the public domain, and more information than anyone buying club seats would care to know about - I have had tix in the upper level for 15 years and I have no idea what this cave feel is - yet you want to represent that in selling you club seats in the mezzanine level someone took the time to explain to you the benefits of the new upper deck (which is apparently further feom the field than the dome)?

I truly. Wanted to believe you, but you in sales man

Believe what you want. I "sell" cataract surgery, LASIK and blepharoplasties. Their presentation was thorough and I wanted to find out as much as I could before I committed that amount of money. I assume you would too. Not sure what's in the public domain, but all of this information is readily available at the Preview Center. One man's cave is another man's pasture, but I had seats high up in 323 my first year and it felt closed in to me.

I was given a great presentation by the Falcons sales team. As I said, they were friendly and knowledgeable. You should call to visit the Preview Center when you can go and then you can get excited about our future too. One of your fellow ranters already tracked me down through my practice website and posted my picture on the board. I spoke with a reporter from the AJC yesterday writing a story about the new stadium and the Preview Center, so you probably have my full name (not just my last name, age, photograph, occupation, and home area) soon. Sorry if you can't understand why real fans would be excited about this.

"real fans"?

Believe what you want. I "sell" cataract surgery, LASIK and blepharoplasties. Their presentation was thorough and I wanted to find out as much as I could before I committed that amount of money. I assume you would too. Not sure what's in the public domain, but all of this information is readily available at the Preview Center. One man's cave is another man's pasture, but I had seats high up in 323 my first year and it felt closed in to me.

I thought you were done posting like 4 pages ago.

Tell Arthur and the rest of his sales staff that you did your job and should get that $1.25 an hour bump in pay and GTFO.

I thought you were done posting like 4 pages ago.

Tell Arthur and the rest of his sales staff that you did your job and should get that $1.25 an hour bump in pay and GTFO.

I thought most of the people posting were actually season ticket holders and had a relevant opinion. Found out I was wrong. Some jerk posted a picture of me off of my practice website (which I assume is against board rules), so I thought I would continue to battle the bad information.

I honestly understand and appreciate your alternative view. I'm not trying to sound pompous. I just thought that relatively few people on the board have had a chance to actually talk with the new stadium people about what having season tickets there involves, and thought folks could benefit from facts rather than hysteria. Obviously the real fans on the board would rather call me names than hear me out. No offense meant or taken.

So....The question remains....Are you "New stadium people?"

I have been a STH in Section 112 for 4 years. I do know that the people that sit immediately around me, all have said they are NOT renewing in the new stadium because of the PSL's.

I have also not been contacted about PSL's in my section for the new stadium

My understanding is that the current Georgia Dome Club section holders are the only ones that's been allowed to purchase PSL's in the new stadium and those seats are in the lower bowl, between the 15 yard lines on both sides.

There are 2 things I don't agree with about the current PSL process and their prices...1. I think the longest holding STH should have first choice of their seats. If you don't want to pay the PSL, THEN ALLOW CLUB HOLDERS TO PURCHASE THAT SEAT. 2. The idea of relocating long time loyal Falcons fans pisses me off over money grabs.

Will I purchase PSL's at the new stadium? Not where my seat is currently, I will not. I assume, based of the current club level prices, it will be ~$5k per seat, (I base that off of the fact I sit on the 12 yard line where the visitor locker room is, which according to the model is the first section outside of "club seats") and I have 4 seats. I am interested in seeing what the PSL prices are for the remainder of the stadium and upper bowl area. In the Dome, it's not a bad view of the field. That will determine whether I buy a PSL or not...where the seats are that I can afford the PSL on, and in turn, how much the gameday ticket will be in said section.

If you really are who you say you are......Tell it walkin'!! YOU are precisely why the owners can get away with this crap and are soon gonna be trying to feed us non-contact football.

Quasi-fans like you that slurp up whatever they dish out, then reply to them with, "Thank You Sir, may I have another", simply because you're in the 1% while the rest of us that have been going since we were kids, and supporting them when they suck, are told to PAY UP, Or Eat ****, and GET THE **** OUT!!!

Yeah...you're the real fan..rolleyes.gif

There are 2 things I don't agree with about the current PSL process and their prices...1. I think the longest holding STH should have first choice of their seats. If you don't want to pay the PSL, THEN ALLOW CLUB HOLDERS TO PURCHASE THAT SEAT. 2. The idea of relocating long time loyal Falcons fans pisses me off over money grabs.

I completely agree with you. That would've been the right way to do it.

Edited by falconsfansrus

This thread represents the biggest FAIL in the history of viral marketing. People who have 10,000 to 45,000 to spend on a PSL are few in numbers on this board I think, and I doubt that any of their decisions will be influenced by this guy's pitch. And in the process of giving an inneffective sales pitch to the few elite on the board, he's managed to enrage every fan who'd like to have season tickets but can't afford a PSL. That is probably 98% or 99% of the people that have read this thread. Very well played Falcons. Very well played.

The Giants and Jets tried this in the New Meadowlands and they weren't able to sell all the seats. Their PSLs had lower prices than the Falcons. NYC has 20 million people in the metropolitan area and 400,000 of them are millionares. They also have passionate fan bases. If those teams couldn't succeed with this, I think it is a pretty good sign that the Falcons effort will be a complete failure. Will be interesting to watch.

I have been a STH in Section 112 for 4 years. I do know that the people that sit immediately around me, all have said they are NOT renewing in the new stadium because of the PSL's.

I have also not been contacted about PSL's in my section for the new stadium

My understanding is that the current Georgia Dome Club section holders are the only ones that's been allowed to purchase PSL's in the new stadium and those seats are in the lower bowl, between the 15 yard lines on both sides.

Will I purchase PSL's at the new stadium? Not where my seat is currently, I will not. I assume, based of the current club level prices, it will be ~$5k per seat, (I base that off of the fact I sit on the 12 yard line where the visitor locker room is, which according to the model is the first section outside of "club seats") and I have 4 seats. I am interested in seeing what the PSL prices are for the remainder of the stadium and upper bowl area. In the Dome, it's not a bad view of the field. That will determine whether I buy a PSL or not...where the seats are that I can afford the PSL on, and in turn, how much the gameday ticket will be in said section.

My problem with people who been long time season ticket holders getting first dibs on seats is. What if the long 15+ year has the cheapest seats and goes after the most expensive seat. And then the person who had been a holder for 5+ years get kicked out of his seat he has been paying for those 5 years.

This thread represents the biggest FAIL in the history of viral marketing. People who have 10,000 to 45,000 to spend on a PSL are few in numbers on this board I think, and I doubt that any of their decisions will be influenced by this guy's pitch. And in the process of giving an inneffective sales pitch to the few elite on the board, he's managed to enrage every fan who'd like to have season tickets but can't afford a PSL. That is probably 98% or 99% of the people that have read this thread. Very well played Falcons. Very well played.

Man, he's just giving info from the presentation that none of us have been to. He's not trying to sell you those club level seats. You're doing a great job of angrying the mob when you have never had intent of buying tickets anyways. I appreciate the info because I'm going to be going and I like to know more info about it before they call me. Some people are angry about losing their sideline seats to club seats but most are doing so out of ignorance and overreaction to the club level prices. People just need to calm down and let it play out.

There are a very vocal few that always ruin any actual discussion on PSLs around here and that is annoying. We get it, you don't like them, so just ignore the **** thread like I avoid the mocks. It's not hard.

The Giants and Jets tried this in the New Meadowlands and they weren't able to sell all the seats. Their PSLs had lower prices than the Falcons. NYC has 20 million people in the metropolitan area and 400,000 of them are millionares. They also have passionate fan bases. If those teams couldn't succeed with this, I think it is a pretty good sign that the Falcons effort will be a complete failure. Will be interesting to watch.

Prices are no where near comparable.