Have They Said What Kind Of Turf The New Stadium Will Use?

Begotten912

they can swap it for natural grass for a few weeks, the problem with having natural grass all the time, they would have to constantly replace it because it will not get enough sun light.

Correct, the rules for when that roof can be open, will prevent from being open very often. Stats show that they tend to be closed over half of the time.

I would be disappointed if it was fake, what with the retractable roof allowing it to be real and all.

the only 2 retractable roof stadiums with grass are Arizona, where they take the field out in the sun, and Houston, where pretty much the entire roof is retractible, but they always complain the field sucks. Our "retractile roof" isn't anywhere big enough to get enough sun light for the grass to grow properly

If it is turf then they cannot hosting World Cup...

You can pull it up and have a temporary grass surface. I'm in Toronto and our MLS team had a turf surface and they then installed a grass surface because Real Madrid refused to play on it

They've converted the stadium to natural grass now permanently but there was a gap where they went back to artificial turf I believe

Guest Negatorris

They could always copy the Cards' stadium, and have a rolling field of grass. But I prefer turf.

Either way HD will find a way to mysteriously fall...

They could always copy the Cards' stadium, and have a rolling field of grass. But I prefer turf.

Either way HD will find a way to mysteriously fall...

Was gonna come and post this.

Georgia weather is not like Arizona weather lol. We don't have warm sunshine during the fall and winter

I don't think that little vent hole will allow enough sunlight in for permanent grass

the only 2 retractable roof stadiums with grass are Arizona, where they take the field out in the sun, and Houston, where pretty much the entire roof is retractible, but they always complain the field sucks. Our "retractile roof" isn't anywhere big enough to get enough sun light for the grass to grow properly

Seems dumb to have a retractable roof at all if it's not enough to keep grass alive, but oh well. Our guys are used to turf i guess.

Guest Negatorris

Was gonna come and post this.

Georgia weather is not like Arizona weather lol. We don't have warm sunshine during the fall and winter

Well I love in Arizona and it has been wet and cold for the past few months. Believe it or not.

I read the AJC exclusive interview yesterday with Blank and he stated that the roof will be kept open and only shut when there is severe weather in the area, such as lightning strikes that would delay the game. Blank stated that the field will have special drainage system that will allow it to rain and not flood like obviously what would happen in the GA Dome if the roof were removed and there was rain. Blank also stated that while the field will not be natural grass, it would be a special hybrid that is not the "typical field turf" that is used in the dome. Basically, in short, Blank seemed to indicate that the roof would stay open even in the event that there was rain.

There's not enough room near the new stadium to roll in a grass field. The Cards play in the middle of nowhere, so they have that kind of room. Too bad it would be a grass field. HeII, too bad most of us won't be able to afford to set foot in the stadium.

It will be more expensive for sure. I went to see the Falcons play in the new Dallas stadium a few years ago. The average ticket price in their stadium was $250, and that included all of the lousy seats. Really good seats were (and are) much more.

Archived