How Far Away Do You Think We Are?

Nino11

It's hard to see how far away we are. Clock manegent did cost us two wins and the playoffs this season, but we can't count on another year with a weak division.

Our Oline had a lot of injuries. It could be bad luck or maybe we need to replace the injury prone players.

The defense needs an upgrade, and players who doesn't fit the new system needs to be replaced

Maybe the new coaches can find new ways to use some of our current players and get better production.

My gut feeling is that the Falcons are the Chargers of the NFC. Meaning that there is never enough talent on the defensive side of the ball to do anything meaningful. It will stay this way until we get FO personnel that can find talent in every unit.

a few playoff years chargers had a top 5 d iirc

Saving a spot to reply after the draft. Too many unknowns, at the moment.

What happens if we land Suh, Willis, and JPP in FA? I'm fully aware how ridiculous that sounds and the improbability of it ever happening. Point being, we don't know what they're gonna do in the offseason. Who's getting cut? Who do we snag in FA? Who do we draft?

With the team as it stands, we're probably a good 2-3 out, and that would require some above par drafting by TD/Pioli.

Not chronologically, but do you think we are closer to the 08 team, primed for a return to the playoffs but not true contenders, the 14 team as in the year before was no fluke and we have serious issues on the team, or the 2012 team i.e. 10 yards from the superbowl and I'm need of a few adjustments?

I personally see an 08 type of year. Rebound and win the conference. The difference is if our defense is even average I see us being a real treat in the playoffs. Combine that with at least a solid run game we can make some noise. A lot of ifs but I could see it happening if we bring in Quinn

It's hard to tell without knowing more about the O and D lines....

If Quinn can put together a pash rush I think we are closer than people think.

I believe this as well. Our secondary is gonna look pretty good if we get one of those. I'm Confident with the safety position if we resigned Lowery and either Willie Mo or Ish in the box playing the thumper role. if Quinn can get guys to playing fast and relentless with his basic but effective scheme I think he works sone magic on the pass rush