92.9 The Game Announced As New Falcons Partner

The Atlanta Falcons today announced that they have agreed to a multi-year deal with CBS RADIO Atlanta’s 92.9 The Game to become the club’s official radio broadcast partner.

92.9 The Game will become the Falcons flagship radio station for all preseason and regular season broadcasts. All 20 Falcons games will be heard on 92.9 The Game (92.9 FM). In addition to the game broadcast, 92.9 The Game will provide listeners with a pre-game show that will include interviews with the team’s head coach , General Manager Thomas Dimitroff, quarterback Matt Ryanicon-article-link.gif, and Falcons Team President Rich McKay.

“CBS RADIO Atlanta is a solid broadcaster that is committed to providing Falcons fans with the most innovative, complete and comprehensive coverage from a radio perspective. We are excited to bring Falcons football back to the CBS RADIO family and a familiar spot on the dial for our fans,” said Jim Smith, Falcons Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing & Revenue Officer.

“NFL programming is among the most sought after content for broadcasters, driving appointment listening and attracting more and more fans weekly,” said Rick Caffey, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, CBS RADIO Atlanta. “The Atlanta Falcons have been wonderful partners and we look forward to expanding the relationship to deliver the best experience for the fans.”

Following the game, fans can stay tuned to 92.9 The Game to catch post-game analysis and exclusive interviews with players and coaches. Fans will still hear the familiar voices of Falcons broadcasters Wes Durham (play-by-play) and former Falcons quarterback Dave Archer (color analyst) calling all of the Falcons action.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/article-1/929-The-Game-Announced-as-New-Falcons-Partner/d9825160-03b7-4537-8074-cc2e3f358d24

I like it, but they also have the Hawks, so there will be a few months of overlap there. Hopefully they schedule games at different times.

82 Regular Season Hawks games vs. 16 Regular Season Falcons games, which one will take priority over the course of a year? Also note that 92.9 carried both this year and it wasn't an issue.

I used to listen to 680 in the morning but I decided I can't stand chris dimino anymore. he never shuts up. he knows a lot about baseball I guess, but I don't think he knows anything about football and the way he states his opinions is like "if you don't agree with me then you're an idiot." I hate him

I still listen to chernoff and chuck oliver on the way home from work. they are entertaining and matt is a falcons fan

love it,with all the falcons and hawks talk and better radio personalities i havent tuned into 680 in a couple months now

I can't even understand Chris Dimino. His flow is just off. He starts off like he is about to make a good point then starts adding in fragmented sentences and questions in his speech. If he says "can I ask a question?" Or "is it my turn" or "can I have the floor" one more time.... Ugh

You're thinking of 680 (93.7). They now have all the old 790 radio host minus Mike Bell. They can enjoy burning in flames like 790 did

790 still had the broadcasts to the game though. I think in Atlanta 92.9 would play them but trying to PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL I still had to use the 790 app. I can delete it once and for all now I guess.

Dimino is far superior to anyone else in this town at sports talk radio. Chuck chernoff are god awful. 92.9 sucks donkey. All gloom and doom there and they treat sports talk like its drive by northerners passing by. Horrible. 680 mornings are good until Kincaid and puke buck show up. Those two are by far the worst in the atl.

92.9 the game needs more talent! Mike Bell is not enough. Please, please, please hire some decent football guys.

How 'bout some guys that are free agents now:

1) Dave Archer - sure he will be there, right?

2) Wes Durham - gotta be there right?

3) JP

4) Alge - i know some don't like him but he knows football.

Dimino is far superior to anyone else in this town at sports talk radio. Chuck chernoff are god awful. 92.9 sucks donkey. All gloom and doom there and they treat sports talk like its drive by northerners passing by. Horrible. 680 mornings are good until Kincaid and puke buck show up. Those two are by far the worst in the atl.

Not anymore. I used to hate them too, but they finally figured out that you can't trash the home teams. Plus, now they're the flagship of two local teams so they can't trash the teams like they used to.

92.9 the game needs more talent! Mike Bell is not enough. Please, please, please hire some decent football guys.

3) JP

According to the AJC, Archer and Wes will still be doing the broadcasts. Wouldn't mind seeing Archer back on a show, now that I'll be listening to the games on the radio.

Randy Cross and Rick James(or whatever his name is) is GAWD AWFUL.

Rick James sounds like he is going through puberty every time he talks with his squeak-azz voice inflections - and, on top of his awful voice - he is stupid to boot.

Randy Cross is the worst kind of announcer - he thinks he is smart but he never has a valid point.

Mark Zinno is clueless about Atlanta Sports and says clueless things every day. He worked w/ Mike Bell one day (filling in for Carl Dukes) and every discussion they had - Zinno was on the wrong end.

According to the AJC, Archer and Wes will still be doing the broadcasts. Wouldn't mind seeing Archer back on a show, now that I'll be listening to the games on the radio.

yeah, I am surprised that 92.9 mgmt did not try and nab steak, celinni or dimino - they have just awful on-air talent.

Rick James sounds like he is going through puberty every time he talks with his squeak-azz voice inflections - and, on top of his awful voice - he is stupid to boot.

Randy Cross is the worst kind of announcer - he thinks he is smart but he never has a valid point.

Mark Zinno is clueless about Atlanta Sports and says clueless things every day. He worked w/ Mike Bell one day (filling in for Carl Dukes) and every discussion they had - Zinno was on the wrong end.

I'm Rick James bitch.

Really though its Marc James and I agree with you.At least he has some local ties but that voice.

Post of the Week

3) JP

My understanding was Dave & Wes were still calling the games. (I hope).

I guess John Michaels still keeps the sideline gig as well.

I think Alge took some job covering ACC football.

Time for 680 to end Buck and Kincade show. It has become absolutely horrible.

Kincade thinks he's so **** superior when in reality he makes one annoying moronic comment after another.

And Buck Belue, geez, the only thing keeping him on the air is his UGA fame.