Chargers Hire Nolan As Lb Coach

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank god he is gone.

I was such a Nolan fan before he came here, I never imagined he would implode in his 3rd year and totally forget how to coach.

He was one of the worst DC's I've ever witnessed. He used our players all wrong and his schemes the last two years he was here were terrible.

Odd cause his first year he did so well his first year.

I wish I had the time to look back 3 years ago and see what everyone was saying when we hired him and compare it to now. I thought he was the one to take us to the superbowl. Say what you will but did he not help in taking us to the Conference Championship game in his first year? Granted it fell apart but I do not put the blame on him. He had some brilliant schemes at times. There is a reason he doesn't stay long though.

I wish I had the time to look back 3 years ago and see what everyone was saying when we hired him and compare it to now. I thought he was the one to take us to the superbowl. Say what you will but did he not help in taking us to the Conference Championship game in his first year? Granted it fell apart but I do not put the blame on him. He had some brilliant schemes at times. There is a reason he doesn't stay long though.

That year we stunk against mobile QBs but feasted on pocket passers, I was for sure if we could have gotten to the Ravens and Flacco in the SB, we would have won it.

That year we stunk against mobile QBs but feasted on pocket passers, I was for sure if we could have gotten to the Ravens and Flacco in the SB, we would have won it.

Wasn't that the year of the pistol and all that ish? No one could stop it until everyone could. Just like the wildcat. And I agree we would have killed the Ravens. I think that was the game Julio had like 100 yards in the first qtr.

Edited by krammmit

If we would have just let TD go, this would have been a dream offseason. Its amazing how a head coach and TWO sets of d-coordinators were hired by him which included some of the worst coaches in the league and yet he still here with a trash roster to show for it.

uhhh.... we had our best years under Smith.