Knox Bardeen 3 Round Mock

http://www.foxsports.com/south/story/3-round-nfl-mock-draft-for-the-atlanta-falcons-012815

8. Atlanta Falcons -- Dante Fowler, Jr., OLB -- Florida

Fowler is arguably the best player on the board at this point, and he's without a doubt one of the best edge rushers. He's also versatile enough to play with his hand in the ground or as a stand-up rusher.

Fowler posted 8.5 sacks last season and 15 tackles for loss. He can set the edge and also has the unique trait of shooting through gaps like he's propelled by rocket fuel. While at Florida, he was moved around on all downs to find the best matchup for him to exploit. He played on the left and right side at the end position, and also inside or outside at linebacker.

Speaking of the Gators, Fowler player for coach-in-waiting Dan Quinn in 2012 when Quinn was the defensive coordinator at Florida. Quinn has a knack for putting people in situations to succeed, and Fowler has a good work history with Atlanta's likely next head coach.

2.10. (42nd overall) Atlanta Falcons -- Nate Orchard, OLB -- Utah

Orchard was one of the stars of the Senior Bowl, absolutely blowing past offensive linemen all week, including first-rounder T.J. Clemmings. He also showed that he could get into coverage and hold his own there.

With 18.5 sacks, Orchard finished second in the Pac-12 last season. He added 21 tackles for loss to finish in third place in the conference. He's likely going to be more of an outside linebacker than end in the NFL, but he showed an energy and powerful force that mens he'll beat offensive linemen with regularity.

3.9. (73rd overall) Atlanta Falcons -- Nick O'Leary, TE -- Florida State Anyone who watched the differences between the 2013 offense and the 2014 version the Falcons trotted out immediately can agree that Atlanta missed Gonzalez at tight end. Matt Ryan seemed to long for that third huge target, and no No. 3 receiver could fill that void.

O'Leary won the Mackay Award as the nation's best tight end last season. He caught 48 passes, and had more touchdown grabs (6) than any other ACC tight end. At 6-foot-3 and 244 pounds, he's not an immense target like Gonzalez was, but he can play in the NFL.

He's a good route runner, and O'Leary has tremendous hands. He's shown the ability to catch passes in traffic as well. O'Leary, and this could be crucial for the Falcons, is also very capable in pass protection.

Just did research on Fowler and I was NOT impressed at first. After taking a good look...dude is dangerous. I hate to compare, but he's like Abe with jest on at the POA.

He's got all kinds of talent. The fact that we got Quinn makes me lean more towards his direction because I know for a fact that Quinn can get the absolute best out of him...

So do you take Fowler and Orchard in the second, or Fowler and a vet?

Honestly, I'm good with Fowler/Mass. I really think Mass can be on the level of Michael Bennett/Avril (Neither are double digit guys). I'm thinking a different direction here in round 2. If Sammie Coates were to be on the board in round 2, I'd almost have to take him. Maxx Williams is another direction I would consider in round 2.

http://www.foxsports.com/south/story/3-round-nfl-mock-draft-for-the-atlanta-falcons-012815

8. Atlanta Falcons -- Dante Fowler, Jr., OLB -- Florida

Fowler is arguably the best player on the board at this point, and he's without a doubt one of the best edge rushers. He's also versatile enough to play with his hand in the ground or as a stand-up rusher. Fowler posted 8.5 sacks last season and 15 tackles for loss. He can set the edge and also has the unique trait of shooting through gaps like he's propelled by rocket fuel. While at Florida, he was moved around on all downs to find the best matchup for him to exploit. He played on the left and right side at the end position, and also inside or outside at linebacker. Speaking of the Gators, Fowler player for coach-in-waiting Dan Quinn in 2012 when Quinn was the defensive coordinator at Florida. Quinn has a knack for putting people in situations to succeed, and Fowler has a good work history with Atlanta's likely next head coach. 2.10.

(42nd overall) Atlanta Falcons -- Nate Orchard, OLB -- Utah

Orchard was one of the stars of the Senior Bowl, absolutely blowing past offensive linemen all week, including first-rounder T.J. Clemmings. He also showed that he could get into coverage and hold his own there. With 18.5 sacks, Orchard finished second in the Pac-12 last season. He added 21 tackles for loss to finish in third place in the conference. He's likely going to be more of an outside linebacker than end in the NFL, but he showed an energy and powerful force that mens he'll beat offensive linemen with regularity. 3.9.

(73rd overall) Atlanta Falcons -- Nick O'Leary, TE -- Florida State

Anyone who watched the differences between the 2013 offense and the 2014 version the Falcons trotted out immediately can agree that Atlanta missed Gonzalez at tight end. Matt Ryan seemed to long for that third huge target, and no No. 3 receiver could fill that void. O'Leary won the Mackay Award as the nation's best tight end last season. He caught 48 passes, and had more touchdown grabs (6) than any other ACC tight end. At 6-foot-3 and 244 pounds, he's not an immense target like Gonzalez was, but he can play in the NFL. He's a good route runner, and O'Leary has tremendous hands. He's shown the ability to catch passes in traffic as well. O'Leary, and this could be crucial for the Falcons, is also very capable in pass protection.

emot-nyd.gif

Just did research on Fowler and I was NOT impressed at first. After taking a good look...dude is dangerous. I hate to compare, but he's like Abe with jets on at the POA.

I've seen Khalil Mack comparisons, combine will be huge for him to prove his athleticism. He could play SAM and we could bring in Jerry Hughes to be the LEO end.

Someone will reach for Maxx in the first.

I can't see him going to anyone besides a playoff team unless he just has an all-world combine.

Here's the list of playoff teams in the draft:

21 Cincinnati Bengals 22 Pittsburgh Steelers 23 Detroit Lions 24 Arizona Cardinals 25 Carolina Panthers 26 Baltimore Ravens 27 Dallas Cowboys 28 Denver Broncos 29 Indianapolis Colts 30 Green Bay Packers 31 New England Patriots* 32 Seattle Seahawks*

Only teams there that I could see taking a TE are Seattle and maybe Pittsburgh (Heath replacement?) but they aren't dying for a tight end either.

Edited by HEIST

Nick O Leary is a TERRIBLE pick early third round. Only two TEs worth a top 100 pick, none worth a top 32 pick.

Nick O Leary is going to be the second coming of Heath Miller. He has great hands, can use his body to get open, and can ferociously block also. I think he's worth early third round assuming we've addressed DL and LB by then.

How so? He runs routes well, soft hands, blocks well... total package. Only knock on him is he is a bit short at 6'3 (for a TE)

An awful pick in that there's so many more positions of greater importance to the Falcons. I like Freeman, but IDK if anyone should be sold on him as a lead RB. The offense also bogs down when Julio's hurt/doubled as no other Falcon WR is a down field threat. Also the team is thin at CB and could use a G as Blaylock is old and expensive. This isn't so much a knock on Leary, but an indictment of his proposed selection.