Should We Sign Beast Mode?

Miller2Rison

The media has too much power. Its a dam shame how they persuade people's way of thinking and the overexposure to certain people, topics, and interests are just sickening in my book.

Just the way they are my good man. If the Falcons signed him and led the way to the playoffs, none of them would admit they were wrong

As much as I'd love shouting "Beast Mode" at Falcons games with Lynch in the backfield and given that this guy has a phenomenal set of stats the past four years, I think we do have to pass on him. And for those screaming S-Jax 2.0, no, I don't think Lynch would be that for at least 3 more years. I do feel like we need more youth and talent in the backfield and there is a very good chance we can get a great RB on our second pick, and I don't mean Gurley. Chances are good Tevin Coleman or TJ Yeldon will be available and they're some workhorses that will provide a lot of youth and energy to our backfield and with a new blocking scheme, both should excel very well and not cost anything near signing Lynch or even Ingram would.

If we were to take a chance on a 'veteran' and given our new proposed blocking scheme, it might not hurt to see if the Colts turn Trent Richardson loose. Also, before flaming me over this, nobody could come in more hungry to prove themselves and with a ZBS as he ran behind at Alabama, this guy could turn into our own version of "Beast Mode". After all, it might be this or nothing given the chances he's had in the NFL. A lot of us know he's got some upside to him, just put him in the right scheme and see if he wakes up again.

NO TO BEAST MODE!! We need a Back Like Adrian Peterson! Trade Quizz for a draft pick, keep Smith and Freeman and Pick up Peterson, tha guy can develope Smith and Freeman into the backs he is, especially Smith. we dont even need a RB in the draft Gurley is over hyped, Look at all his Highlights, none off them are him breaking tackles and making people miss. There Oline run blocking was awesome. Lets face we dont have an Oline like that. We need to Draft the 1st two picks to be Top DEs Available for the picks we have. Pick up a DE in FA Keep Osi. Rotate the Rookies in with the Vets til they catch on. Bringing in two Des and Gaining Hardy and keeping Osi would Do wonders for our D! Your developing the Young guys under guys that have had an amazing career. All the while Making Freeman and Smith much better under Peterson. And possibly land Graham or Thomas at TE amd this team is Playoff Bound. adding other FAs Like Honestly, Mark Sanchaz, He is an awesome QB and would be an awesome Backup for Ryan. Suh would be another great pickup if he didnt break the bank. can you just Picture Suh, Hardy and Osi on a Dline together? There wouldn't be an oline that couldn't keep us off there QB. Trufant, Moore, and the other would feast on hurried throws. With Moore Healthy, the receivers wouldn't want to try for a poorly thrown ball with being one of the Hardest hitting Safeties in the league closing in. There it is, I know Im gong to get trolled but we have enough Cap to pick up these guys and work with. Extend Julio and White, Julio already said he doesnt want to be the top paid WR, he wants to show hes the best. Im sure a deal would get done for long term. If we Trade and not let people go we wont have Cap penalties and can do what we want.

NO TO BEAST MODE!! We need a Back Like Adrian Peterson! Trade Quizz for a draft pick, keep Smith and Freeman and Pick up Peterson, tha guy can develope Smith and Freeman into the backs he is, especially Smith. we dont even need a RB in the draft Gurley is over hyped, Look at all his Highlights, none off them are him breaking tackles and making people miss. There Oline run blocking was awesome. Lets face we dont have an Oline like that. We need to Draft the 1st two picks to be Top DEs Available for the picks we have. Pick up a DE in FA Keep Osi. Rotate the Rookies in with the Vets til they catch on. Bringing in two Des and Gaining Hardy and keeping Osi would Do wonders for our D! Your developing the Young guys under guys that have had an amazing career. All the while Making Freeman and Smith much better under Peterson. And possibly land Graham or Thomas at TE amd this team is Playoff Bound. adding other FAs Like Honestly, Mark Sanchaz, He is an awesome QB and would be an awesome Backup for Ryan. Suh would be another great pickup if he didnt break the bank. can you just Picture Suh, Hardy and Osi on a Dline together? There wouldn't be an oline that couldn't keep us off there QB. Trufant, Moore, and the other would feast on hurried throws. With Moore Healthy, the receivers wouldn't want to try for a poorly thrown ball with being one of the Hardest hitting Safeties in the league closing in. There it is, I know Im gong to get trolled but we have enough Cap to pick up these guys and work with. Extend Julio and White, Julio already said he doesnt want to be the top paid WR, he wants to show hes the best. Im sure a deal would get done for long term. If we Trade and not let people go we wont have Cap penalties and can do what we want.

Umm...Where do I start? lol

You're embarrassing yourself.

You're embarrassing yourself.

How So? beast mode is not our answer we have Backs like Adrian and that who should developed em'. Not an idiot that can't handle 2 minutes of questions. We bring in 2 DEs with the first two picks. Sign Hardy to lead that line. Keep Osi as a rotational. We could do without Suh, but he would bring much needed roughness to thos team. Sign Thomas or Graham for our Te. Trade Quizz and weatherspoon for Draft picks. How is that line up so Bad. We have talent everywhere else locked down. I don't see anything that makes that a bad lineup. That way we're thinking the 1-0, here and now, and the long term all in one sweap. Our corners and safeties wouldn't have to defend for 7+ SECONDS A PLAY.

How So? beast mode is not our answer we have Backs like Adrian and that who should developed em'. Not an idiot that can't handle 2 minutes of questions. We bring in 2 DEs with the first two picks. Sign Hardy to lead that line. Keep Osi as a rotational. We could do without Suh, but he would bring much needed roughness to thos team. Sign Thomas or Graham for our Te. Trade Quizz and weatherspoon for Draft picks. How is that line up so Bad. We have talent everywhere else locked down. I don't see anything that makes that a bad lineup. That way we're thinking the 1-0, here and now, and the long term all in one sweap. Our corners and safeties wouldn't have to defend for 7+ SECONDS A PLAY.

first this isn't Madden. Jimmy Graham signed an extension last year. Quizz is a FA so we can't trade him. And Gurley broke plenty of tackles at UGA. I suggest you do more research

Wow. Seahawks gotta lose some folks right? Giving Marshawn a 'huge' extension and making Russ the highest paid QB in the NFL? Pretty sure they locked up a few of their star defenders too.

I've only seen Ian Rapoport reporting about this and I don't trust him. If reports are true, this could be used as an additional motivation for Lynch before the game (not that he needs it).

Lynch's cap hit for 2015 is already $8,5M so if he signs a new (say so) 2 year, $20M deal with around $10M guaranteed in first year, that wouldn't change much in cap space for 2015, but he'd get a couple millions more as a reward. If he shows signs of regress next season, we can cut him without much of dead money or he can simply retire.

Wilson's contract will probably be backloaded with a big signing bonus next year.