Should We Sign Beast Mode?

Miller2Rison

With all the Gurley talk, let's not forget our injury prone roster from past dummytroff mistakes like Perai Jerry, Sam Baker, Witherspoon, Mike Johnson, etc.

We have more pressing needs than RB. Our front seven needs an overhaul. Good, serviceable RB's can be found in late rounds much easier than linebackers and d-linemen. Isaiah Crowell is a good example along with numerous other NFL RB's that played well this past season.

With all the Gurley talk, let's not forget our injury prone roster from past dummytroff mistakes like Perai Jerry, Sam Baker, Witherspoon, Mike Johnson, etc.

We have more pressing needs than RB. Our front seven needs an overhaul. Good, serviceable RB's can be found in late rounds much easier than linebackers and d-linemen. Isaiah Crowell is a good example along with numerous other NFL RB's that played well this past season.

We have nearly 40 mil for FA and 7 rounds. What are the pressing needs?

We have nearly 40 mil for FA and 7 rounds. What are the pressing needs?

Almost the entire front seven is the pressing need. Quinn will undoubtedly make Hageman a much better player. We need both DE's and all three linebackers. I won't be terribly upset if Gurley is the best player available in the second, but defense is in shambles right now. Do we really want to spend a 2nd round pick on the offense? Now if Amari fell to us at our 2nd pick, I'll be all for that to complement Julio!

How can you not respect a guy that lives his own life and not the way others expect him to

Maxim: Do you do anything specific to get in the Beast Mode headspace?

Lynch: Nah. Its just who I am. Its not like I got to do nothing different besides be myself.

Marshawn gets the utmost respect from me. I know what it's like to be different and treated differently from your peers.

How can you not respect a guy that lives his own life and not the way others expect him to

Maxim: Do you do anything specific to get in the Beast Mode headspace?

Lynch: Nah. Its just who I am. Its not like I got to do nothing different besides be myself.

You dont feel beast mode. It feels you.

Marshawn Lynch Delivers Eloquent 45-Minute Address On Privacy In The Modern Age

700.jpg?8662

PHOENIX—Explaining his position on the sociological issue during a Tuesday press conference at Super Bowl Media Day, Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch reportedly delivered an incredibly thoughtful and eloquent 45-minute address on the topic of privacy in the 21st century. “While increasingly exhaustive access to media has delivered many benefits to the American way of life, this same heightened scrutiny has simultaneously imposed progressively greater obstacles to our personal privacy, thus presenting ethical challenges unique to the internet age,” said the five-time Pro Bowler, calmly strolling back and forth with a microphone in hand while making eye contact with each individual member of the assembled national sports media.

“Privacy versus accessibility; secrecy versus convenience; the individual versus the greater virtual communities of the digital landscape. At first blush, these appear to be the fundamental poles around which the modern privacy debate circles, but they have only grown more multifaceted and complex as the technological paradigm perpetually shifts. When meditating on the give-and-take of ever-evolving technology, I am often reminded of a quote from George Orwell: ‘Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.’ Could it be, in perhaps the ultimate irony, that with every technological advancement, with every marvel of engineering that seemingly brings us closer together and rips down the very walls that once divided the world, that with every such step forward, we have become ever more guarded about our own personal boundaries and the information we are comfortable sharing with one another? And in doing so, do we in fact chip away at the very core of what makes for a civilized society, and in an even broader sense, the very notion of being human? For to be human is inherently to be social, and yet it is also to desire control.

With the public domain seemingly encompassing a greater and greater volume of personal information, that control has been ceded. The so-called right to privacy, as it were, is no longer a right inasmuch as it is now a privilege, to be enjoyed until it is torn away at a moment’s notice. Conversely, we so often desire to break down that same right to privacy of our fellow human beings, shielding ourselves while exposing others, just as a snake devours its own tail. Perhaps the biggest question of all is whether privacy itself—at least in the traditional sense—even exists in today’s world, or if it is simply a relic of a past time that bears no more meaning or significance than Aristotelian physics or the idea of a geocentric universe. Simple answers to such queries do not exist, I’m afraid, but in exploring them, we can at the very least hold a mirror to society and possibly even to ourselves—and that is something I hope to accomplish with all of you here today.” Following his lengthy treatise, Lynch stressed that he was only capable of delivering a cursory examination of such an extensive issue during his allotted time and urged those in attendance to contact him with any questions if they wished to discuss the matter in greater depth.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/marshawn-lynch-delivers-eloquent-45minute-address,37859/

By chance did you see today that he was fined over a petty hat? see the league is looking at any and everything they can to ruin him. He will probably be the first RB to have a flag thrown for head to head contact.

I think Trent richardson was the first back to be fined for head to head contact but at the end of the day his play will still speak for him so in that regard they can't ruin a player that lives up to his name. The only thing the media will do is prolong his place in the HOF which I still think is stupid. Guys like Haley should be in the HOF no matter how they got along with the media.

I think Trent richardson was the first back to be fined for head to head contact but at the end of the day his play will still speak for him so in that regard they can't ruin a player that lives up to his name. The only thing the media will do is prolong his place in the HOF which I still think is stupid. Guys like Haley should be in the HOF no matter how they got along with the media.

it's not the media who is fining him. it is the league. And if they are now picking at a hat. Eventually they will start throwing flags. And that will start costing the team.

it's not the media who is fining him. it is the league. And if they are now picking at a hat. Eventually they will start throwing flags. And that will start costing the team.

for starters he wasn't fined for the hat, yet. If he has I surely haven't saw that update. They are determining if he should be fined. You are reaching extremely hard with all these conclusions you are coming to in each of your posts.

The NFL has only fined him for non compliance to rules like making himself available to the media and not wearing NFL sanctioned clothing. They were not picking at a hat. Beast mode wear is not sanctioned by the NFL therefore he was fined for it. The NFL wants its players to promote it's teams and brands that THEY sanction. Lynch is not the only player to be fined for this type of stuff. It's only a big deal because the MEDIA made a it big deal, which in the grand scheme of it all means nothing. They're not fining him for the **** of it. He broke an NFL sanctioned rule. Some of it is that he doesn't care if he gets fined because he wants to just be himself. Edited by TheFatboi

The NFL has only fined him for non compliance to rules like making hinself available to the media and wearing NFL sanctioned clothing. They were not picking at a hat. Beast mode wear is not sanctioned by the NFL therefore he was fined for it. The NFL wants its players to promote it's teams and brands that THEY sanction. Lynch is not the only player to be fined for this type of stuff. It's only a big deal because the MEDIA made a it big deal, which in the grand scheme of it all means nothing. They're not fining him for the **** of it. He broke an NFL sanctioned rule. Some of it is that he doesn't care if he gets fined because he wants to just be himself.

you shouldn't keep doing this for free bruh

NFL is a billion $ industry that needs the media to help spread it's BS & try to make the masses think it's far more important than it really is. They need the players & coaches to play nice for the media, and they need everyone wearing their official uniform at all times, so they can sell the elements of the uniform to the sheeple, making even more money. The NFL then creates large fines & penalties for not playing nice to the media, wearing the uniform 24/7, or even how you celebrate success on the field.

The NFL does not want individualism, because that's harder to market & Lynch is simply calling this out by refusing to be a puppet.

I have ZERO problem with that.

However, I'm still weary of paying large sums of cap space to an aging HB that's taken a beating in his career.

Don't believe that press man. Too much thinking like this and you're reaching for RB's next year. You have to really scout RB's hard in this scheme. Too many guys do well and too many struggle like in any system. Vision is the key in ZBS. That and a few other things. You can get a first rounder and fail, UDFA and succeed or the other way around. Scouts get real lazy when they take this mentality and the next thing you know, you have guys who didn't do anything in their last scheme.

What happens with the ZBS, is you tend to have more time to watch the blocks develop, but if you have poor line awareness, you can end up with a guy who bumps into the line.

You will need a good RB, you just don't have to reach this year. It will need to be addressed eventually if Freeman isn't all the boards hype him up to be.

Well yeah, I mean, success is not a foregone conclusion and that's not what I meant to infer. Simply saying, we don't have to pursue a high profile RB to have an effective running game. And we shouldn't. Too many no-name RBs have come into this league recently and been highly productive because the league isn't geared to stopping the run as it once was and coordinators have started tailoring running games to their backs rather than forcing a guy to play how they want them to.

NFL is a billion $ industry that needs the media to help spread it's BS & try to make the masses think it's far more important than it really is. They need the players & coaches to play nice for the media, and they need everyone wearing their official uniform at all times, so they can sell the elements of the uniform to the sheeple, making even more money. The NFL then creates large fines & penalties for not playing nice to the media, wearing the uniform 24/7, or even how you celebrate success on the field.

The NFL does not want individualism, because that's harder to market & Lynch is simply calling this out by refusing to be a puppet.

I have ZERO problem with that.

However, I'm still weary of paying large sums of cap space to an aging HB that's taken a beating in his career.

me personally, all jokes aside,if the offensive line had shown any type of promise in the run game last season and the birds had a system like the Patriots has where it doesn't matter who it was back there, I wouldn't be against signing a player like him. Wouldn't be anything HUGE though.

Now with that said, I'm gonna be optimistic of the new scheme coming to town and assume that there is no true need for a big name RB. This is only because of the success of the system with Shanahan in charge. Other than that, if this team was a running back and just a couple more pieces away from making the super bowl this year, I wouldn't be afraid to go after Lynch if he was available. He still has at least 3-4 great years ahead of him. Many don't realize it but the last 4 years has not been as hectic as far as rushing attempts go as his first few years in Buffalo.