Seahawks Say Falcons Are Getting A Great Coach In Dan Quinn

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 26, 2015, 6:34 PM EST

2045b9bd627e0ebf7e5c3321660bb938.jpeg?w=AP

Boy, to listen to Seattle players talk about defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, it’s almost like he already has a job or something.

Oh, wait, he does, it just hasn’t been announced.

The wink-nod reality that Quinn is going to be the new boss in Atlanta (though he technically can’t agree to a deal while the Seahawks are still playing) is evident in the word choices of his Seahawks players.

They are getting a great coach,” linebacker Bobby Wagner said of the Falcons, via D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

“I think he’s done a great job of focusing on the task at hand which is to win the Super Bowl,” Wagner said on Monday. “I know that he’s got bigger endeavors on down the line, but he’s approached it like we need to win this game.”

Wagner and defensive end Cliff Avril praised Quinn’s communication skills.

“DQ is awesome,” Avril said. “He’s a coach you can go and talk to at any time if you have any concerns about any plays or how your position is supposed to play it or whatever. . . .

“He’ll cater to you if need be, if that’s not going to hurt the defense. He’s just someone you can go talk to and break film down with.”

The Falcons need more than a motivator and an X-and-O guy, however. They’ll need players on defense if Quinn is going to have the kind of success they think he will.

it will be nice to see a coach and his staff that will actually talk WITH/and let the players talk back WITH them about how they're being played/utilized. No more players getting shipped out because they question things.

Also, what's all this, 'play a guy to his strengths' and 'design plays so the players are best able to use their talents' stuff???? WHO IN THE WORLD WOULD HAVE EVER THOUGHT THAT WOULD WORK!!!!!!!! It must be a totally new all world mind blowing concept that all those brains out in seattle developed....(do I really need to put all that in purple?)

We have plenty of reasons to be excited about the hire. I'm working on a special cartoon to help celebrate the deal once it's official. I'll post it up Monday or Tuesday.

Here's to hoping coach Quinn brings many exciting and successful seasons to his new team. Here's the keys, coach. Drive!

Coach Quinntessential...misspelling intentional!

113435430.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

We have plenty of reasons to be excited about the hire. I'm working on a special cartoon to help celebrate the deal once it's official. I'll post it up Monday or Tuesday.

Here's to hoping coach Quinn brings many exciting and successful seasons to his new team. Here's the keys, coach. Drive!

I am thinking a "before" press conference(Mike Smith w/ all his famous catch phrases) and a side-by-side "after" press conference with Dan Quinn exciting the crowd.

make it happen Supes!

j/k - do yo thang!

Guest Mr Plow

I am all for Quinn talking with the players and not at them, but at the same time, please don't tell me Quinn is one of those coaches that tries to be buddies with his players. We've been there and done that and it failed miserably. Talk with your players and treat them with respect, but be the boss!!

Looking forward to the unveiling, both of the new coach and the cartoon.

I hope yall saw that last part, we need players.

Some ppl seem to think we have talent, just used the wrong way, but we just dnt have it

I believe it's a combination of both. In my eyes the best oc/dc are the ones who scheme for the players they have, instead of making the players fit their scheme. Just my two cents on the matter.