We Are Now Overdue For A Super Bowl

Statistics are for geeks. Here's the facts. If you build a roster with more talent than your competition then you are more PROBABLE to make the play-offs more consistently and therefore making it more PROBABLE you are going to GET to a Super Bowl and then then you will be more PROBABLE to win one. But if you don't have more talent than the other guy you can hire Bill Belicheck as your coach, Mike Tomlin as your defensive coordinator, and Pete Carroll as your Assistant Head Coach and it wont matter squat. TALENT. Our scouting department relys too much on intangibles. Numbers. They don't look at footwork. Look at Falcon line and how they move. They are uptight and not fluid. But I bet they all run good number and can jump high. The reason we struggle here. Is the people evaluating these players never played football. This isn't Moneyball.

Scott Pioli and Thomas Dimitroff both played college football.

Winning a Super Bowl takes talent. Pure and simple. You can change coaches all you want but I can't take a group of mediocre talented guys and beat of team of superior talented guys no matter how hard I try. This is why you see the same franchises year in and year out win. Green Bay, New England, Pittsburg, Denver, etc... You can even break it down to a NCAA level. Five star recruits go to Alabama, Ohio State, FSU, Oregon, etc... TALENT. Until OWNERSHIP focuses on doing a better job of getting people in here that can bring in TALENT coaches are'nt going to change anything. Period. Dan Quinn is a hands on coach. Which is great, but so is Brian Cox. So was Mike Tice. Was Mike Tice successful as a head coach? No. TALENT. The verdict is out on Quinn and his ability to evaluate TALENT. But again the fact we still have the usual suspects in the war room does not bode well for us going anywhere. We don't need coaches we need TALENT and TALENT evaluators. Period. The talent evaluators we have FAILED at their previous jobs. If they were great TALENT evaluators they would still be employed by their previous employers.

If you guys were really fans and cared about winning a SuperBowl you would call it what it is. Pioli blows, TD blows, and McKay blow. Pioli brought in Soliai and Tyson Jackson two failed draft picks from his previous job and talked Blank into signing them to contracst worth way more than they are worth. Pioli, TD, and McKay waste so much of Blanks money and time it is sad. Pioli was fired for a reason. How much money has TD wasted with Ray Edwards? Steven Jackson? Get real guys. TD is a light weight GM and tried to use free agency to mask his inability to draft. Anyone who know anything about building a roster knows you build a franchise through the DRAFT not free agency.

RUN ON SENTENCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on simple mathematical chance. We last went in 1998. 32 teams in the league. 16 in the conference. 1998 + 16 = 2014

So all being even we're now officially overdue. Of course that doesn't count the 32 years before we went the first time. Geezzz, I think the dice are loaded. Arrrgh.

It's not that the math is wrong, it's just that it's nonsensical. We spent a good number of those years with Vick and his dogfighting, plus the year of Petrino. Those years do not count!tongue.png

Well, by that math...2015!!

You can put down my typing all you want do not care. Find it funny how everyone talks about how Smitty was fired for inability to put the proper people in the right positions to be successful. Yet Falcons front office continues to let Pioli and TD have input on draft. Are the Falcons not keeping these guys in positions where they have shown constant failure? Was Pioli not fired from Kansas City for failing to produce? So why do we think he would be successful here? Anyone read the book the Good to the Great? You gotta get the right people on the bus and the wrong people off. Pioli, TD, McKay not in positions to make Falcons successful how does a new coach change this? This is business 101 folks.

Winning a Super Bowl takes talent. Pure and simple. You can change coaches all you want but I can't take a group of mediocre talented guys and beat of team of superior talented guys no matter how hard I try. This is why you see the same franchises year in and year out win. Green Bay, New England, Pittsburg, Denver, etc... You can even break it down to a NCAA level. Five star recruits go to Alabama, Ohio State, FSU, Oregon, etc... TALENT. Until OWNERSHIP focuses on doing a better job of getting people in here that can bring in TALENT coaches are'nt going to change anything. Period. Dan Quinn is a hands on coach. Which is great, but so is Brian Cox. So was Mike Tice. Was Mike Tice successful as a head coach? No. TALENT. The verdict is out on Quinn and his ability to evaluate TALENT. But again the fact we still have the usual suspects in the war room does not bode well for us going anywhere. We don't need coaches we need TALENT and TALENT evaluators. Period. The talent evaluators we have FAILED at their previous jobs. If they were great TALENT evaluators they would still be employed by their previous employers.

It's like Swift and his merry band of trolls never got banned

The end results don't lie. Too may misses in draft to keep these guys. Both lines are poor and these guys have shown no ability to produce. At any other NFL franchise these guys would have not been hired and would have been canned by now. Most jobs you don't produce you don't keep your job.

OK ok we get it you don't like the FO sheesh give it a rest already

Based on simple mathematical chance. We last went in 1998. 32 teams in the league. 16 in the conference. 1998 + 16 = 2014

So all being even we're now officially overdue. Of course that doesn't count the 32 years before we went the first time. Geezzz, I think the dice are loaded. Arrrgh.

LOLOL

We are overdue for a Superbowl like we are overdue for a 0-16 season.

Edited by Genius

Many in here have begun to believe that TD is not that bad of a GM, so therefore our Scouting Department actually doesn't suck much more than most other scouting departments, and therefore our talent level should be on par with all but the most elite teams with the top GM's and scouts.

We know that just isn't the fact. There may be some players that can be coached up to pro bowl level under the new regime, but the truth is this roster is average; the talent is lacking. The addition of Scott Pioli was a really good hire last season and we had a much better draft. I tend to equate those two things being connected, but we'll have a much better idea this off-season.

I'm inclined to agree with you that TD should've been fired with Mike Smith and the scouting department given a good shake-up and upgrade. If TD and company miss the boat again this year, then Blank absolutely has to pull the plug on this FO at the end of 2015. Not going ahead and firing TD this off-season might have been a very critical flub by Blank as it might derail all the changes going on with the coaches and roster. I just hope he was right not to pull the trigger.

TD really did a good job convincing the fan base that the 2013-2014 debacle was all Mike Smiths fault. It was Smith's fault that we brought in those players and that it was Smiths fault we neglected DEs.

Yet prior to 2013-2014, personnel decisions were made "together"...

Snakes will be snakes