Best Thing About The Up Coming Season

FalconsSavant

The thing I'm most looking for this season is NO MORE SMITTYBALL. Shanahan's offence will run up the score and Quinn's defense will shut the door. No more getting a lead by halftime and trying to run out the clock starting at the 3rd quarter. Hopefully on 3rd down on offence we can at least throw the ball PAST the 1st down marker. So excited to see the new Falcons.

Edited by FalconsSavant

I am looking forward to an offense that keeps the pedal down, but I'll take a wait and see on the defense. We aren't shutting the door on anyone with our current personnel.

You do realize that we will have around 30m in cap space and 8 draft picks,

I feel fairly confident in saying there will be some major changes on the D#

there are multiple FA pass rushers available, and at 8 we will have a good shot at either Ray, Beasley or Fowler who many have rated higher than Beasley!!

The thing I'm most looking for this season is NO MORE SMITTYBALL. Shanahan's offence will run up the score and Quinn's defense will shut the door. No more getting a lead by halftime and trying to run out the clock starting at the 3rd quarter. Hopefully on 3rd down on offence we can at least throw the ball PAST the 1st down marker. So excited to see the new Falcons.

Sg_C7i.gif

Smittyball Suck(ed)!

I see next year being like Green Bay this year- Great offense and a decent defense. The Defense could be in the top 10 in 2 years. By that time, guys will have learned Qinn's tactics, and we'll have 2 FA offseasons and 2 drafts built up. I think 2016 could be our year for a SB appearance.

This sounds great, but is this actually based on how he runs the offense? I don't know anything about how he coaches.

Smith can be found saying "keep the hammer down" but I believe there is no evidence of him ever at any time saying

O.K. that is enough points. This is message board mythology of Smitty being passive about anything. He was

more of a bully without bullets.

Preach

Guest facelessman07

Smith can be found saying "keep the hammer down" but I believe there is no evidence of him ever at any time saying

O.K. that is enough points. This is message board mythology of Smitty being passive about anything. He was

more of a bully without bullets.

Bully without bullets??

That's cuz the few times he had bullets he shot his team right in the foot