Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill Brasky

Pro Bowl Game Thread

256 posts in this topic

I'm asking if you are a Ryan hater cause your reaction didn't make sense to me otherwise. You brought up struggles Ryan had as a rookie to justify Dalton having the same issue as a 4th year multiple Pro Bowler. I've been on this board for 3 yrs and I know I don't know about you, hence my question...

I am anything but a Ryan hater. I wasn't trying to justify Dalton stumbling over his words. I was just saying that Ryan had the same problem at one time. It never once crossed my mind that someone would take my post as trying to bring down Ryan to make Dalton look better. I never had that as my intention.That's all my post was about.

You're the one that got huffy and asked a ridiculous question. I've been such a Ryan homer at different times on this board that I've been called as a Matt Ryan fan and not a Falcons fan. Then when I've been critical about Ryan I've been called a Ryan hater. I'm just objective and realize that Matt Ryan isn't the greatest thing to walk the earth. He's just the best QB the Falcons have ever had but there are a couple of other guys out there I would gladly take over Ryan and I'm not afraid to express that for fear of the flaming I'll receive hear.

I liked Ryan to Ingram. That just liked right. Ingram is a free agent. I know our backfield is crowded, but I would love it if the Falcons could get Ingram.

Ingram isn't all that good. I'd rather not spend money on him and roll with Freeman and a draft pick.

Me too. I've always been a fan of the Pro Bowl until Goodell came in and totally f'ked the whole thing up...

First, moving the game to the week before the SB is just plain asinine, and I can't understand why it's stayed that way. You get ZERO of the SB participants, which is usually about ten players just like this year. Then you also lose a bunch of guys who lost their respective Championship games because the pain of losing is still pretty raw. Not to mention, a football season is like a great book... and a great book needs an anti-climax after it's climax chapter... which is what the Pro Bowl USED to be... the last opportunity to watch your fav players play.

Moving the game from Hawaii is also plain stupid. Taking away their tropical paradise vacation location just makes some players go, "Naw, man... I'll pass..."

Now we are stuck with video game rosters and rules... You have Pro Bowl kick returners but no kickoffs??! That's Roger Goodell in a nutshell. Just a friggin' brainless doosh...

Then that guy has the AUDACITY to complain about the play quality after he basically changed/screwed the whole thing up... like a Police Commissioner who takes away all of his officer's guns and then complains about the upswing in rampant crime...

I personally liked the rule changes they used for this year and I love the picking of team captains and rosters. You get to see guys play together that otherwise would never get to play together. The NHL has been doing a fantasy draft style of picking the teams since 2011 and it's awesome. The rules were geared more towards backyard football and I think the players like it.

They alternate years, Hawaii next season, back to Arizona the year after

Actually it's where ever the Super Bowl is alternated with Hawaii. The first year they did this it was in Miami.