Just Too Many Holes To Finish Next Year. Lucky To Be 8-8

Shuddup, did you shoot at them?

It's a good thing I didn't have a gun or I would have been tempted. In over 30 years of running I've had rocks thrown at me, a dirty diaper by 2 fat women in a van, sticks...

2 vehicles stop and the inhabitants want to fight me....and today one try and run me down.

Generally speaking I like people but there are subhuman humans.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good thing I didn't have a gun or I would have been tempted. In over 30 years of running I've had rocks thrown at me, a dirty diaper by 2 fat women in a van, sticks...

2 vehicles stop and the inhabitants want to fight me....and today one try and run me down.

That's why I prefer trail running. Generally speaking, owls, snakes, coyotes and stray dogs are more polite.

Wtf where are you running?? Time to find a new route??

Thats nasty gazoo. Its supposed to be banana and mayonaise.

Didn't Elvis eat grilled peanut butter and banana sandwiches?

My favorite wieird sandwich boiled ham pineapple peanut butter sliced Vidalia onion and just a little mayo. Sounds gross but put together you get that salty,sweet nutty oniony all in perfect balance.

huh.gif

What did you do to warrant that ? laugh.png

Guest Mr Plow

We play in a division ripe for the taking. Tampa is a huge mess and should pose no threat to us whatsoever, especially if they draft Jameis at the top of the draft. New Orleans is on a huge downward spiral with the worst salary cap position in the NFL and Brees is at the age (36) where QB play historically drops off big time. Carolina is a vanilla team carried by it's defense, but is prone to lose some key free agents and Cam is a liability.

With some key FA pickups and a good draft, along with a new attitude and coaching philosophy, this team can easily go beyond 8-8.

Really? He's allowed to have his opinion. But it's way to early to try to come up with a record for our team, let's wait till we have a HC atleast.

It's an unfortunate knee-jerk reaction a lot of people have around here when hearing something they don't like.... Welcome to the boards

Please don't turn this into some kind of martyrdom. OP really isn't worth it.

We were 6-10 with two Mike Smith brain farts that cost us games

If not for Smitty's clock management, we would have been 8-8 this year with a makeshift O-line and zero pass rush.

We will be okay.

We would have been at least 8-8 this year if our coach knew how to tell time.

There really is no correlation between the 2. Mike Smith poor clock management and costing us 2 games where we should have been 8-8 should not equate anything into what will happen next year. Just cause we were a possible 8-8 team doesn't mean anything. There is way to many factors and to early to tell. Safe guess would be 8-8 which would be improvement

Mike Smith did cost us two games this year. Something some of you haven't considered though is that going 5-1 in division play will likely see a correction since the NFCS is the most unpredictable division in the NFL.

Of course, the counter to that would be that our non divisional play will also (almost assuredly) see a correction. Will we be a better COACHED team minus Mike Smith and plus Dan Quinn? Absolutely. Without a doubt. Will we end up with a better record? That remains to be seen. There has been no free agency, no draft, etc.

Point is....this exercise is futile. Especially at this stage of our offseason. Sit back, enjoy the Super Bowl, get ready for Dan Quinn's tenure, and hope for a successful draft and free agency.