"dark Cloud" Shanahan - Browns Fans Slamming Him

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Cleveland sucks and everything but can someone please explain half of the love he's received? I simply don't understand what or anything he's accomplished

Here ya go:

Made Steve Slaton into a 1,000 yard rusher, Schaub led the league in passing under him, Andre Johnson had his best seasons under him, made RGIII a RotY, Alfred Morris was a product of his system, made Crowell and West into a dominant combo in Cleveland, etc. Overall he's worked with a lot of bad QBs or ones whose careers were running on fumes (post injury RGIII, Manziel, Hoyer, McNabb, Grossman).

Google doesn't tell me anything except that he's mike shanahans son and had some coaching job w hou Washington and cle

Here's why I don't care how big of an ******* Kyle Shanahan is:

2008 - Texans - 6113 YDS (3rd), 366 PTS (17th)

2009 - Texans - 6129 YDS (4th), 388 PTS (10th)

2010 - Redskins - 5392 YDS (18th), 302 PTS (25th)

2011 - Redskins - 5387 YDS (16th), 288 PTS (26th)

2012 - Redskins - 6131 YDS (5th), 436 PTS (4th)

2013 - Redskins - 5915 YDS (9th), 334 PTS (23rd)

2014 - Browns - 5193 YDS (23rd), 299 PTS (27th)

Look at that 2012 season. The most points the Falcons have scored in a season since 2008 is 419 in 2012. The most yards the Falcons have had in a season since 2008 is 6051 in 2014. So that 2012 season he had running the Redskins offense with RGIII at QB is better than any season the Falcons have had since 2008 in terms of yards gained and points scored. I can't wait to see him work with the most talented QB he's ever had to work with.

• 9 months later...

I'm taking a wait and see approach w/ Shannahan, but if its true the owner was texting him plays during the game, I don't blame him one bit for bailing.

If I'd had his number, Shanahan would've been getting some plays from me during that sorry Titan game. What a crap pile of a game plan. As bad as anything MM or Koetter ever trotted out there. After singing his praises on his arrival I'm scratching my head wondering WTF is up with this guy?

You care. You responded.

Shannahan is a good OC. He gets cute sometimes and that's not good. He's only had 2 good qb's. Schaub and Ryan. Houston's offense was potent. Once they learn this system this offense will be the same way. It's already potent. If they cut down on mistakes and shanny doesn't get cute they are unstoppable. Matt is still learning the system and the playbook has been scaled back to help the line get up to speed. Now they're learning new plays each week. That ish takes time. I've never seen a qb come in a new system and not have early struggles. Big Ben struggled his first year with Haley. Fans said Ben sucked and Haley sucked. Now Ben loves the offense and it's almost unstoppable when Ben is playing.

If I'd had his number, Shanahan would've been getting some plays from me during that sorry Titan game. What a crap pile of a game plan. As bad as anything MM or Koetter ever trotted out there. After singing his praises on his arrival I'm scratching my head wondering WTF is up with this guy?

It ain't him. It's a brand new system. There are no qb's that ball out in new systems every game. There is always struggles and growing pains. See Big Ben when Haley got there. See Eli in his first year with his new OC.

Shannahan is a good OC. He gets cute sometimes and that's not good. He's only had 2 good qb's. Schaub and Ryan. Houston's offense was potent. Once they learn this system this offense will be the same way. It's already potent. If they cut down on mistakes and shanny doesn't get cute they are unstoppable. Matt is still learning the system and the playbook has been scaled back to help the line get up to speed. Now they're learning new plays each week. That ish takes time. I've never seen a qb come in a new system and not have early struggles. Big Ben struggled his first year with Haley. Fans said Ben sucked and Haley sucked. Now Ben loves the offense and it's almost unstoppable when Ben is playing.

I told you that Kyle was like his dad, too stubborn. We had this discussion months ago. Remember? It's over on the Kyle was hired thread.