"dark Cloud" Shanahan - Browns Fans Slamming Him

NCCooley

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can Google what you like. No one is stopping you. I would rather get info from people that I know have knowledge of situations without using Google. Don't see any ignorance in that at all. Sorry if wanting to have an actual discussion with someone with knowledge bothers you. Then again, it really doesn't mean anything to me because I learn a lot here from those posters with actual knowledge

If I used Google as my information tool, there would be no reason to come here.

Look. The post was not about you. Let it go.

you tell me to let it go yet you chose to quote me. Don't quote my post if you don't want a response.

Lmao bruh you quoted me first if you want to use that elementary reasoning.

I never disgareed with your point. But my point was never directed at you. So. Let it go.

Lmao bruh you quoted me first if you want to use that elementary reasoning.

I never disgareed with your point. But my point was never directed at you. So. Let it go.

quoting you was an accident as it was for dirty bird 8711 saying people just don't want to. Guess I got you two mixed up on the previous page.

Ok, so let's say for arguments sake it's true that Shanahan didn't want to be there.

Well, who TF would want to be there? Cleveland Ohio sucks for one thing, I wouldn't want to live there.

Secondly, what quality OC would "want" to have to deal with the Johnny Manziel circus, his poor work ethic and preparation pulling down the entire offense? It would totally suck being forced to make Manziel your starting QB if you were OC.

The dark cloud was not Shanahan , the dark cloud will remain in Cleveland after Shanahan leaves.

Ok, so Shanahan didn't want to be there. Well, who TF would want to be there? Cleveland Ohio sucks for one thing, I wouldn't want to live there. Secondly, what quality OC would "want" to have to deal with Johnny Manziel, as his poor work ethic and preparation pulls the entire offense down?

I wonder when he decided he didn't want to be there. Before or after accepting the job.

I don't see much if any 'slamming' being done in those comments. It seems like they disliked his ego but (although i haven't read every single one) i've yet to see any of them say he's a bad OC. Most are slamming their personnel and FO more than Kyle. Some say he's a power-hungry guy but I don't see that as being a problem because I doubt Quinn will want to call plays on both sides of the ball.

Anyone find it ironic that Shannahan becomes a cancer win hes with two of the most dysfunctional franchises (Washington, Cleveland) but when hes with a stable franchise (Houston), you never here a complaint about him.

Sounds like sour grapes from a couple of bad teams.

Very relevant point which speak to my last post, I assure you the dark cloud will remain in Cleveland, which will gives us our answer. Shaub praised Shanahan's coaching style.

Honestly with Matt, he gets the incredibly accurate passer he had in Schaub--but a better overall QB and leader. I think Shanny will do great here.the big worry is if he has a great year here, how long before he's hired as a HC somewhere. But that just goes with the territory

I take it that is mostly opinion because I haven't seen anything pointing to this being the exact reason.

Well, it's fact that they chose Manziel over Bridgewater and the owner texting plays in has been reported from multiple sources, although, I guess they could all stem from the same source.

But, really, you have ownership that has a 6 figure study done that shows that Bridgewater is the better QB and they take Manziel anyway. Why would you want to stay there after that happened?

And, it may very well be that Shanahan watched Manziel party the year away and didn't want Manziel's flame out to be attributed to him.

Well, it's fact that they chose Manziel over Bridgewater and the owner texting plays in has been reported from multiple sources, although, I guess they could all stem from the same source.

But, really, you have ownership that has a 6 figure study done that shows that Bridgewater is the better QB and they take Manziel anyway. Why would you want to stay there after that happened?

And, it may very well be that Shanahan watched Manziel party the year away and didn't want Manziel's flame out to be attributed to him.

their draft was dumb from the start. If I was a betting man, I would say the manziel pick was an owner call in an effort to sell tickets. It took someone to text them and say grab him for them to make the move for him reportedly.

I can tell you, no quality OC is going to put up with ownership texting him plays to run in the middle of a game. Of all the unfounded speculation around this message board of Blank running quality HC candidates off for meddling, if the Falcons fanbase learned that Blank was texting Keotter plays to run in the middle of games and left due to not wanting to coach here, 100% of our fanbase would have been on Keotters side.

Why the double standard with Shanahans intolerable situation in Cleveland leading to him leaving?

OP, if you had an intolerable job situation would you "want" to remain in it, especially if you had much better job opportunities?

Very relevant point which speak to my last post, I assure you the dark cloud will remain in Cleveland, which will gives us our answer. Shaub praised Shanahan's coaching style.

It'd also be helpful if they gave actual reasons for why they didn't like him. Jags fans, for example, poked fun at us for hiring Koetter by saying stuff like, "I hope you like bubble screens." For Shanahan it's just that they think he's a jerk.

It'd also be helpful if they gave actual reasons for why they didn't like him. Jags fans, for example, poked fun at us for hiring Koetter by saying stuff like, "I hope you like bubble screens." For Shanahan it's just that they think he's a jerk.

God I hope those screen days are over. I wanna see some real football

Yeah, for all we know he's as big a lunatic as they say in Washington or Cleveland, but given the sources, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. It's not like those franchises are the picture of stability and support.

I'd be furious if I were told I had to work with Manziel too. It's like being asked to babysit a chimp, except the chimp would throw less crap at you while you tried to help it.

I'm taking a wait and see approach w/ Shannahan, but if its true the owner was texting him plays during the game, I don't blame him one bit for bailing.

besides the fact that it's against NFL rules to receive electronic communications on the sidelines, other than the coaches and players in helmet and from the coordinators in the booth

Ok, so let's say for arguments sake it's true that Shanahan didn't want to be there.

Well, who TF would want to be there? Cleveland Ohio sucks for one thing, I wouldn't want to live there.

Secondly, what quality OC would "want" to have to deal with the Johnny Manziel circus, his poor work ethic and preparation pulling down the entire offense? It would totally suck being forced to make Manziel your starting QB if you were OC.

The dark cloud was not Shanahan , the dark cloud will remain in Cleveland after Shanahan leaves.

Exactly! It's an insult to a great coach to give him Johnny Maziel who just doesn't give a ****! Who wants to waste their time with that "joke"? **** I heard the 3rd string QB knew more of the playbook than Johnny did. Give Shanahan a real QB to work with and great things will happen. Plain and simple. Dark cloud was there way before Shanahan was even a coach.

Guest Negatorris

He willingly left, not like he was fired. I would have no motivation if I was apart of such a ****** organization, who drafted a QB I didn't want just because of his name, and who can't find a WR that can play and isn't always suspended... Then wanted me to make Hoyer a legit QB. The Browns are laughable.