"dark Cloud" Shanahan - Browns Fans Slamming Him

NCCooley

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say it until im proven otherwise...

Wtf has Kyle Shanahan ever done?

Made Steve Slaton into a 1,000 yard rusher, Schaub led the league in passing under him, Andre Johnson had his best seasons under him, made RGIII a RotY, Alfred Morris was a product of his system, made Crowell and West into a dominant combo in Cleveland, etc. Overall he's worked with a lot of bad QBs or ones whose careers were running on fumes (post injury RGIII, Manziel, Hoyer, McNabb, Grossman).

Yeah, but that was injuries. What I mean is that we should see an entirely different style of offense in preseason, should give us a good idea of what's coming.

I'm not necessarily talking about seeing what the offense should look like. I'm more interested in seeing how well it's executed against a serious full game plan. There is only one per season game that truly means anything and as a skeptical fan, that's not enough. So it's gonna take me a few weeks to convince myself that this was actually a good hire.

Made Steve Slaton into a 1,000 yard rusher, Schaub led the league in passing under him, Andre Johnson had his best seasons under him, made RGIII a RotY, Alfred Morris was a product of his system, made Crowell and West into a dominant combo in Cleveland, etc. Overall he's worked with a lot of bad QBs or ones running whose careers were running on fumes (post injury RGIII, Manziel, Hoyer, McNabb, Grossman).

Well done PG. You make a convincing argument in your support of Shanny. What intrigues me is he has done well with the running game in all three stops.

MEH...it's fans. Fans...including myself get an outside perspective and blame everything on the coaching staff when we do not know exactly what position they may have been placed in. Do they have control of there task without people sticking their nose in it? Do they ask for and get the type players they want? You know the ones that listen and want to learn and not party all night. Not saying he's a good coach or not, honestly haven't studied him. But if the talking heads who are paid to research think he's good and Quinn thinks he's good, I'm giving him a chance and could care less what THE FANS think. Like the Rock used to say.

meh, they were plenty of fans here upset when MM left. Being a fan hardly ensures that you know what you are talking about.

And the article doesn't say that Shanahan was a problem when he was there, only that, if he'd stayed he would have become one.

the dark cloud comes from someone staying in a position he doesn't want to be in, which didn't happen in Cleveland.

Exactly. OP you should change the article. Makes it sound like the article is going to call Kyle an nuisance.

If Shanahan stayed because he was contractually obligated, even though he was no longer happy, he would have become a cancer. How many times have we heard that about the Browns org?

Made Steve Slaton into a 1,000 yard rusher, Schaub led the league in passing under him, Andre Johnson had his best seasons under him, made RGIII a RotY, Alfred Morris was a product of his system, made Crowell and West into a dominant combo in Cleveland, etc. Overall he's worked with a lot of bad QBs or ones whose careers were running on fumes (post injury RGIII, Manziel, Hoyer, McNabb, Grossman).

It's like facts are so hard to find these days. I doubt that takes more than 15 minutes on Google to find.

Before the draft the Browns commisioned a $100,000 study that told them Bridgewater will be the better QB prospect.

Instead, the owner took the advise of a homeless man that told him to draft Manziel.

If if I was Shannahan I would be pissed too.

I forgot about that. When ever some one complains about Arthur, that story needs to be brought up.

It's like facts are so hard to find these days. I doubt that takes more than 15 minutes on Google to find.

Google doesn't always tell everything though. Sometimes it helps to get info from people who have actually followed him throughout his career. Google shows the yards from players and the complaints he has received. So it helps to find a poster that actually follows more than what goes on with the Falcons sometimes.

Anyone find it ironic that Shannahan becomes a cancer when hes with two of the most dysfunctional franchises (Washington, Cleveland) but when hes with a stable franchise (Houston), you never here a complaint about him.

Sounds like sour grapes from a couple of bad teams.

Edited by FentayeJones

The problem is that people don't want to look them up....

But want to take a stubbornly ignorant stance like they did. Smh.

Google doesn't always tell everything though. Sometimes it helps to get info from people who have actually followed him throughout his career. Google shows the yards from players and the complaints he has received. So it helps to find a poster that actually follows more than what goes on with the Falcons sometimes.

Google actually does. Everything is on the internet.

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/1/19/7816207/atlanta-falcons-hire-kyle-shanahan-offensive-coordinator-zone-blocking-scheme

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2014/1/25/5344988/a-look-at-kyle-shanahans-coaching-profile

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/The-mastermind-that-is-Kyle-Shanahan/3d5a7e92-abce-4bfe-b6dd-727a849ee078

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/110625/redskins-liked-kyle-shanahans-offense

That took less than five minutes...

again, sometimes it helps to find posters who have actually followed these people and know something about him. If you aren't one of those guys then I'm not referring to you. I know for a fact that there are at least 3 here that can answer questions about him without googling. I know this because I was actually conversation with one yesterday.

Yah, but it shrunk!

blame the weather

For those with impaired clicking fingers, a sample of the comments:

• pftbro says:Jan 23, 2015 10:00 AM

Shanny junior has a lot of growing up to do if he wants to be a head coach someday. He comes across as a spoiled brat going into a tantrum if he doesnt get what he wants. Had similar problems in Washington

• cazspaz says:Jan 23, 2015 10:05 AM

Maybe they should focus more on why that dark cloud existed, instead of hoping that it goes away just because one guy is no longer there. At some point that franchise has to start looking at the root of their problems, instead of shuffling new quick fixes in and out to avoid the bigger issue.

• nnagi says:Jan 23, 2015 10:14 AM

Shanahan is a joke, hes better suited for a waterboy position

• mogogo1 says:Jan 23, 2015 10:17 AM

Only improvement from Washington days is Kyle avoided going after the Cleveland QBs in the press. Atlanta is a huge test for him. Not working for Daddy or somebody who owed Daddy (Kubiak) and unlike Cleveland theres enough offensive talent on the Falcons there wont be any excuse if they dont perform well.

• ebpatton says:Jan 23, 2015 10:22 AM

No huge fan of Kyle Shanahan, but to act like he is/was the biggest problem in Cleveland is ridiculous.

you did see the stuff people said about Mike Smith, right? Even though Mike did so much for our organization.

again, sometimes it helps to find posters who have actually followed these people and know something about him. If you aren't one of those guys then I'm not referring to you. I know for a fact that there are at least 3 here that can answer questions about him without googling. I know this because I was actually conversation with one yesterday.

But if you can Google and get the same information, there is no reason to say "I don't get the love for Kyle. WTF has he ever done?". The facts are the facts, no matter who or where they come from. You may prefer asking a poster. That's fine.

No, I didn't follow Shanahan. But at least 80% of what those posters know can be Googled. There is no excuse of being ignorant is all I'm saying.

But if you can Google and get the same information, there is no reason to say "I don't get the love for Kyle. WTF has he ever done?". The facts are the facts, no matter who or where they come from. You may prefer asking a poster. That's fine.

No, I didn't follow Shanahan. But at least 80% of what those posters know can be Googled. There is no excuse of being ignorant is all I'm saying.

you can Google what you like. No one is stopping you. I would rather get info from people that I know have knowledge of situations without using Google. Don't see any ignorance in that at all. Sorry if wanting to have an actual discussion with someone with knowledge bothers you. Then again, it really doesn't mean anything to me because I learn a lot here from those posters with actual knowledge

If I used Google as my information tool, there would be no reason to come here.