Cant Wait Until Quinn Is Officially Hired And They Do State Of The Franchise

Tuggle'2

I never really got the impression that Smith took the rivalry serious. You can tell that Payton and Brees do, as well as most of the Aints players. Roddy and maybe a few others, are the only ones that appear to take it serious on the Falcons.

I never really got the impression that Smith took the rivalry serious. You can tell that Peyton and Brees did, as well as most of the Aints players. Roddy and maybe a few others, are the only ones that appear to take it serious on the Falcons.

He did, he was just a not too emotional guy. There was a thread last year I posted about a guy who actually met Smitty in the elevator before the event. Guy asked Smith what he wanted to do this year or something along those lines and Smittys answer was "Beat the Saints!". (Or something like that, It was actually more exciting I just can't remember exactly what it was lol)

He did, he was just a not too emotional guy. There was a thread last year I posted about a guy who actually met Smitty in the elevator before the event. Guy asked Smith what he wanted to do this year or something along those lines and Smittys answer was "Beat the Saints!". (Or something like that, It was actually more exciting I just can't remember exactly what it was lol)

If I remember correctly, Smith was asked if they were going to beat the Saints, and Smith responded with "that's the plan son."

I hope Quinn takes as much pleasure in beating down the Ain'ts as i did anytime they played the Seahawks the last few years. I'll still always look back on this past year fondly simply because we swept those swamp rats. We need some of that fire back in this rivalry like the 9'ers and Hawks have going now.

Guest facelessman07

0.jpg

Then tell the posters above me who mentioned Smith, or he who's name shall not be spoken

I did not mention anything of the sort

I'm just taking our battle cry into the offseason

Then tell the posters above me who mentioned Smith, or he who's name shall not be spoken

I did not mention anything of the sort

I'm just taking our battle cry into the offseason

So if a person mentions Smith when talking about things that have happened in the past your first thought is to chime in with something completely unrelated to the topic simply because they mentioned Smith? Like he said, let it go. At the very least keep the childish butt chapped shenanigans out of my threads. This was a discussion about our future coach and how he would go about accepting our long and great rivalry with the Saints. It has jack to do with Smitty in the first place except for a harmless chat about how he took the rivalry. If people can't discuss Mike Smith in a neutral way without sparking some internal struggle within yourself forcing you to chime in with nonsense then I am afraid you are the one with issues. All that said, let it go, enjoy the new regime, and stop letting it look like Mike Smith owns property in your skull.

Guest facelessman07

So if a person mentions Smith when talking about things that have happened in the past your first thought is to chime in with something completely unrelated to the topic simply because they mentioned Smith? Like he said, let it go. At the very least keep the childish butt chapped shenanigans out of my threads. This was a discussion about our future coach and how he would go about accepting our long and great rivalry with the Saints. It has jack to do with Smitty in the first place except for a harmless chat about how he took the rivalry. If people can't discuss Mike Smith in a neutral way without sparking some internal struggle within yourself forcing you to chime in with nonsense then I am afraid you are the one with issues. All that said, let it go, enjoy the new regime, and stop letting it look like Mike Smith owns property in your skull.

Tugs, I'm not trying to "spark" anything. It was a simple joke that I find funny, that being the 1-0 salute. There was a thread that went into great detail about it many moons ago and a few on this board still get "it", and "it" being deeper than the 1-0 speech. If others don't like it, they should skip past my post, or employ the ignore option.

I'm just as excited for the new regime as anyone, probably even moreso. You saw me calling for Smith's head before many on this board, including yourself. Of course I'm looking forward to the SOTF event and what will be unveiled then. Why wouldn't I?

I don't view jokes that we should all be able to look back and laugh on as "butt chapped shenanigans." People who take things too seriously off a message board to me are the ones who need to rub aloe on their bottoms

Edited by facelessman07

Tugs, I'm not trying to "spark" anything. It was a simple joke that I find funny, that being the 1-0 salute. There was a thread that went into great detail about it many moons ago and a few on this board still get "it", and "it" being deeper than the 1-0 speech. If others don't like it, they should skip past my post, or employ the ignore option.

I'm just as excited for the new regime as anyone, probably even moreso. You saw me calling for Smith's head before many on this board, including yourself. Of course I'm looking forward to the SOTF event and what will be unveiled then. Why wouldn't I?

I don't view jokes that we should all be able to look back and laugh on as "butt chapped shenanigans." People who take things too seriously off a message board to me are the ones who need to rub aloe on their bottoms

It is just a conversation killer. That is the part I find annoying. Doesn't matter what anyone is talking about if Mike Smith is mentioned a certain bunch of people feel obligated to chime in with something completely unrelated. It is beginning to remind me of the people we have had in the past that have fixated on a player or whomever and killed topic after topic because they couldn't get passed their own borderline obsession. We all get it, Mike Smith needed to go, pretty much everyone agrees on that. I know I certainly do. Not much more can be done than firing a coach or cutting a player so the continuing of the crap holds no purpose anymore. I mean unless someone is just trying to troll and purposely set people off and if that is the case it never really ends well for those type of people. A little ribbing here and there, a joke here and there is fine. When it is a constant thing to the point where it does resemble former members and their actions is when I think it has reached its end. If people need to go talk about it and do whatever then Around The NFL is a few clicks away and it is more than welcome there.

Guest facelessman07

It is just a conversation killer. That is the part I find annoying. Doesn't matter what anyone is talking about if Mike Smith is mentioned a certain bunch of people feel obligated to chime in with something completely unrelated. It is beginning to remind me of the people we have had in the past that have fixated on a player or whomever and killed topic after topic because they couldn't get passed their own borderline obsession. We all get it, Mike Smith needed to go, pretty much everyone agrees on that. I know I certainly do. Not much more can be done than firing a coach or cutting a player so the continuing of the crap holds no purpose anymore. I mean unless someone is just trying to troll and purposely set people off and if that is the case it never really ends well for those type of people. A little ribbing here and there, a joke here and there is fine. When it is a constant thing to the point where it does resemble former members and their actions is when I think it has reached its end. If people need to go talk about it and do whatever then Around The NFL is a few clicks away and it is more than welcome there.

People still talk about Mora, Petrino, Reeves, etc. Hail, on a lucky day even Glanville will be brought up

They are irreversibly linked to this team and hence, their names will pop up from time to time. But does it make people upset? Not that I've seen...so it should be the same way with Smith

I have no agenda, no vendetta, all of this "getting over it" talk is missing one crucial element: it has gotten over, and it being the thing it has gotten over

I look forward to a Quinn regime and analyzing/contrasting the different tyrants and how our team responds to each

People still talk about Mora, Petrino, Reeves, etc. Hail, on a lucky day even Glanville will be brought up

They are irreversibly linked to this team and hence, their names will pop up from time to time. But does it make people upset? Not that I've seen...so it should be the same way with Smith

I have no agenda, no vendetta, all of this "getting over it" talk is missing one crucial element: it has gotten over, and it being the thing it has gotten over

I look forward to a Quinn regime and analyzing/contrasting the different tyrants and how our team responds to each

I still wish I would have shown up at will call in an Elvis outfit to see if there really were free tickets..........ahh, some of the regrets in life.

As for the taint rivalry, seems I remember one year smitty being quoted as saying 'to he77 with the saints', so yeah I think he took the rivalry seriously. And seeing how it's gone down between SEA and SF, I don't think Coach Quinn will have a problem getting into it

Guest facelessman07

I still wish I would have shown up at will call in an Elvis outfit to see if there really were free tickets..........ahh, some of the regrets in life.

As for the taint rivalry, seems I remember one year smitty being quoted as saying 'to he77 with the saints', so yeah I think he took the rivalry seriously. And seeing how it's gone down between SEA and SF, I don't think Coach Quinn will have a problem getting into it

I certainly hope we are as vocal about our hatred for the Saints as they are about us from now on. No more of this "classy" crap. Nah, let's get aggressive

Remember the commercial where Payton ordered roasted falcon off the menu? I'd like to see Quinn do something similar while staying original. Originality is key, none of this copycat crap

I can't wait to see people ask Quinn about him being ready to learn to love to hate the Saints! laugh.png

He is going to have to embrace it which I am sure he will. I always love new members of the franchises reactions to how deep the rivalry goes.

I can't wait for the entire staff to be put together. I think Quinn is the man for the job and will bring a toughness that this team has lacked in many years!

I believe he will quickly learn how badly the Taints are hated

I certainly hope we are as vocal about our hatred for the Saints as they are about us from now on. No more of this "classy" crap. Nah, let's get aggressive

Remember the commercial where Payton ordered roasted falcon off the menu? I'd like to see Quinn do something similar while staying original. Originality is key, none of this copycat crap

I hope Quinn sees the 'stone cold' pic some how and they do a wrestling format commercial with Quinn calling payton out......

Guest facelessman07

I hope Quinn sees the 'stone cold' pic some how and they do a wrestling format commercial with Quinn calling payton out......

Personally, I think that may be a bit corny

I'd like to see something clever