The West Coast Offense

Knight of God

Managed to catch that Football Life this morning. Really great, makes you realize a capable coach doesn't come with 1 type of personality. They vary and just because he is a certain way does not mean he will be great and vice versa.

One of my favorite parts of that: when they spoke about how it should be the "midwest" offense.

Managed to catch that Football Life this morning. Really great, makes you realize a capable coach doesn't come with 1 type of personality. They vary and just because he is a certain way does not mean he will be great and vice versa.

One of my favorite parts of that: when they spoke about how it should be the "midwest" offense.

Wish I could "like" this post twice. I love the part where he expounded on the hard time he had coming up because a lot of people in football didn't think a coach could be all in with the intellectual side of the game, and still be tough. Too many fans still think that way -- that personality or being demonstrative, or giving that heartpounding halftime speech is what makes a great coach. There's so much more to it than that. Of course getting the best out of your players is a huge part of it, but there is no one way to go about it.

Tony Dungy and Jon Gruden have the same number of Super Bowl wins with completely different methods. So whose approach was better?

**on another note -- I think this should be a must watch for anyone who is interested in leadership and the psychology behind it.

Wish I could "like" this post twice. I love the part where he expounded on the hard time he had coming up because a lot of people in football didn't think a coach could be all in with the intellectual side of the game, and still be tough. Too many fans still think that way -- that personality or being demonstrative, or giving that heartpounding halftime speech is what makes a great coach. There's so much more to it than that. Of course getting the best out of your players is a huge part of it, but there is no one way to go about it.

Tony Dungy and Jon Gruden have the same number of Super Bowl wins with completely different methods. So whose approach was better?

**on another note -- I think this should be a must watch for anyone who is interested in leadership and the psychology behind it.

Watching some more things on youtube now. Good stuff. I think I'll be getting the book too. I knew nothing about it. I read War Room. That was a good read.

Yeah, Tom Landry was the same way very intellectual guy Edited by Califalcon0013