Jim Schwartz

hjerry

I know that quite a few on here wanted him, however, most have resigned us to hiring one of Seattle's position coaches as DC. It just seems weird to me, that we haven't really heard anything about him getting hired anywhere. Only us (technically), the Raiders, the Cardinals, and the Broncos are still without DCs. Does anyone think that he may be waiting on us, kind of like Shanahan? The whole situation just seems weird to me. You'd think that he'd be in very high demand.

A decent DC in Tennessee, some success as a HC in Detroit, top 5 D as a DC in Buffalo last year. You'd think someone would snatch him up by now. Rex came and brought his own guys in and left Schwartz without a gig. I think it would be a solid hire with the right personnel for him to work with, he and Quinn should be able to get this D up and running.

Schwartz plays the wide nine 4-3 defense and that is something that Quinn would not do. Quinn will bring in his own guy. Schwartz will latch onto another team this year or next. He did a great job in Buffalo and he did have some success with Detroit as a head coach one season. He is still young so he will end up with the Vikings or oddly enough with the Seahawks. He would be great for the Dolphins or the Saints but they stubbornly refuse to get rid of their coordinators.

I know that quite a few on here wanted him, however, most have resigned us to hiring one of Seattle's position coaches as DC. It just seems weird to me, that we haven't really heard anything about him getting hired anywhere. Only us (technically), the Raiders, the Cardinals, and the Broncos are still without DCs. Does anyone think that he may be waiting on us, kind of like Shanahan? The whole situation just seems weird to me. You'd think that he'd be in very high demand.

Don't forget about the Dolphins. They just lost Kacy Rodgers to the Jets

A decent DC in Tennessee, some success as a HC in Detroit, top 5 D as a DC in Buffalo last year. You'd think someone would snatch him up by now. Rex came and brought his own guys in and left Schwartz without a gig. I think it would be a solid hire with the right personnel for him to work with, he and Quinn should be able to get this D up and running.

Agree. Schwartz and Quinn don't have an identical philosophy on defense or come from the same coaching tree, but I think they would work well together. Schwartz knows his stuff and would be a great hire for us.

IMHO this is where we can see a little about Quinn and Swartz. If Quinn can humble himself and try to field the best Staff possible he will go after Swartz who doesn't have a job and is the best candidate left. Two heads are better then one. If they both humble themselves and put their minds together I don't have no doubt we will have two of the sharpest Defensive minds in the business. BUT some Coaches make they mistake of only hiring friends, people they have worked with and "yes men" I'm very curious to see how Quinn's Staff turns out. It is VERY IMPORTANT!

IMHO this is where we can see a little about Quinn and Swartz. If Quinn can humble himself and try to field the best Staff possible he will go after Swartz who doesn't have a job and is the best candidate left. Two heads are better then one. If they both humble themselves and put their minds together I don't have no doubt we will have two of the sharpest Defensive minds in the business. BUT some Coaches make they mistake of only hiring friends, people they have worked with and "yes men" I'm very curious to see how Quinn's Staff turns out. It is VERY IMPORTANT!

ph34r.png

This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't like this at all if/when Quinn is named the next head coach. Two heads are not always better, especially when you have two coaches with strong philosophies, and that is the one thing you must have in a successful head coach. You want him to have a strong, identifiable philosophy that he's going to use to build the thing from the ground up, that he's going lean on when things start going sideways.

When you have two personalities with strong ideas someone is going to have to give. Otherwise what's going to result is a mish-mash of sh!t that no one is going to be happy with. This IMO was Smitty's undoing. As a defensive coach, you need to have YOUR system firmly in place -- even if you're not calling the game. You don't bring in an accomplished coordinator with a completely opposing philosophy. You're essentially cutting your own nuts off. Rex Ryan didn't go out and hire **** LeBeau.

I think Schwartz is a heck of a coach, and under any other circumstance, I'd be ecstatic for him to come in and run the Falcon defense, but this is Quinn's show. I don't want to see him subjugate anything. I want to see what he's got. Let him get his subordinates in place and tool his system, his philosophy up from top to bottom.

Schwartz wouldn't work here as a DC imo. He and Quinn are both guys that I would want to control the defense in a fairly large regard, and their scheme differences would make that impossible. Too many cooks in the kitchen scenario. If he wanted to come in as a position coach, sure... but i doubt he would.