Jump to content

Patriots, Seahawks Built Through Nfl Draft


GvGrizzy
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm posting this because this Is what I really want my Falcons to start focusing on man. And then start developing our players. Nothing's wrong with adding a few vets via free agency. But man we just haven't had good luck with those under thomas dimitroff. See (Ray edwards & Osi & Steven Jackson , and desmond truant) Michael turner and Samuel were the only ones I think really was good. If we sign some good role players im thinking like a Vet MLB and a vet defensive end. And then a vet OG. We can draft a tight end , pass rusher, and a big back or maybe another tackle in the first 3 rounds just don't Go big in free agency!

[LINK]

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000462474/article/new-england-patriots-seattle-seahawks-built-through-nfl-draft

Edited by GvGrizzy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John Abraham was a valuable addition through a trade, so you can definitely get good pieces from outside the draft, but I do agree with the premise of the article, you have to build through the draft and then add complementary pieces if need be.

I forgot about Abe Man! My bad but he has made about 3 good signings/trades

Link to comment
Share on other sites

no wonder smitty was so disheartened when Jerry retired....... it was his golden boy

Let's not give TD a pass man. I have a strong feeling he had something to do with these players coming here too. And I'm not just talking about signing the deals. I'm talking about he actually liked these players. Anddddd..... He just seemed too happy about the players he was signing and drafting last year in press conferences!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest facelessman07

Let's not give TD a pass man. I have a strong feeling he had something to do with these players coming here too. And I'm not just talking about signing the deals. I'm talking about he actually liked these players. Anddddd..... He just seemed too happy about the players he was signing and drafting last year in press conferences!

TD wanted these other players but let Smitty have what he wanted. He wasn't forcing players on Smith

I'm giving TD another chance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of people were very high on PJ when he came out. He filled a need at the time and they pulled the trigger. Whether Smitty really wanted him or not will it change the fact that the draft is still a gamble. Sometimes you get a JA98 sometimes you get a Tom Brady. Either way they just have to hit more often than not. That's all I ask. I hope Pioli does that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest facelessman07

Well that didn't take long to turn this into a Mike Smith thread.

Because he brought up our past history in the draft, and in order to have a full accurate account, all the details need to be included

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TD wanted these other players but let Smitty have what he wanted. He wasn't forcing players on Smith

I'm giving TD another chance

You have proof of this man? Had this been confirmed? I understand he may haven't wanted to force players in to snotty like about 55% of the time. But the other 45% of the tube I think this dude has a lot to do with this man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest facelessman07

You have proof of this man? Had this been confirmed? I understand he may haven't wanted to force players in to snotty like about 55% of the time. But the other 45% of the tube I think this dude has a lot to do with this man.

You haven't been reading these boards the past week then

KOG and a few others have sources that confirm this and I trust what they have to say. We're not making this up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm posting this because this Is what I really want my Falcons to start focusing on man. And then start developing our players. Nothing's wrong with adding a few vets via free agency. But man we just haven't had good luck with those under thomas dimitroff. See (Ray edwards & Osi & Steven Jackson , and desmond truant) Michael turner and Samuel were the only ones I think really was good. If we sign some good role players im thinking like a Vet MLB and a vet defensive end. And then a vet OG. We can draft a tight end , pass rusher, and a big back or maybe another tackle in the first 3 rounds just don't Go big in free agency!

[LINK]

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000462474/article/new-england-patriots-seattle-seahawks-built-through-nfl-draft

Are you implying not only that Desmond Trufant is not very good but that he was also a free agent signing? Because if so, you are wrong on both accounts.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So all we have to do is pray to Venus that we trip over our own feet and land a Brady or Sherman+Chancellor+Wilson in late rounds and we'll be set!

The draft is a crap shoot, 90% of the time the 'gems' are found through luck, not the GM seeing something magical the other 31 teams don't.

Also i'd just like to point out that the Hawks didn't make it to the SB until they brought in numerous FA's to bulk up their D-Line and a few other key position. Pats have always been active in FA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, Revis and Browner was a heck of a secondary that Belichick drafted. Danny Amendola, Lagarrette Blount, Ayers. Good job thread.

Lol I wanted to reply to you but I can tell you won't be able to comprehend what i am going to say. Smh

You clearly didn't read the article or got the point if what I was saying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bottom top. Fix with FA, build with the draft. You have to start somewhere.

Go look at the FA's between the two teams just in the past 4-5 years.

Yea? Then go look at all the teams in history that made the big season free agent splashes in the 2000,s and come back and holla. I'm not on this board to argue dumb stuff yall be sounding crazy man! I never said anything about not signing free agents I clearly was just stating that our focus needs to be building within first and add a couple free agent role players. You can't buy a Super Bowl SEE Denver, SEE the Redskins like in 2005 or 2006 one of theses years I forgot but it didn't get them a Super Bowl. See the patriots the year they paid all those high free agents to go there and lost to the Ny Giants again (a team who built through the draft) !!! Yall be missing the whole point. I'm starting to think most of yall on here are lames in real life and come on this board to be cyber bullies but behind the keyboard you are pretty timid! Smh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...