So........ Will Rita And Her Ilk Succeed In Their Lawsuit Against Benson?

Big Bubba

With Rita and company opening up a lawsuit that tries to declare Benson a drooling mess that Gayle and her friends are taking advantage of..

Benson may not be all there in the head. It happens. Rita seems like the spoiled rich b1tch though that has not been able to accept getting the boot.

http://theadvocate.com/news/weeklies/11402874-125/tom-benson-is-incapacitated-daughter

The petition, filed in Orleans Parish Civil District Court and allotted to Judge Kern Reese, argues that the 87-year-old Benson should be examined by an independent, geriatric psychiatrist specializing in determining mental capacity and that medical records should be produced to help a judge make a decision on the matter.

“Sadly, the Benson family was forced to take this action in the best interests of Tom Benson and his legacy, the customers of the Benson family automobile dealerships, the employees of all the family enterprises, and the multitude of Pelicans and Saints fans,” said lawyer Randy Smith, who is representing Tom Benson’s now-estranged relatives.

The petition suggests Tom Benson’s adopted daughter, Renee, should be her father’s appointed guardian as it relates to his business interests because she is his next of kin. Renee is the mother of Rita LeBlanc — who had been listed as the Saints’ and Pelicans’ co-owner and vice chairwoman of the board until Wednesday — and Ryan LeBlanc.

Ryan LeBlanc lately has mostly been involved in car dealerships that Tom Benson also owns. Renee Benson has been involved in various aspects of her billionaire father’s business empire.

The petition says that Benson’s mental health has also been deteriorating. When he was recently asked who the president of the United States was, he replied “Ronald Reagan” and then guessed “Harry Truman,” according to the petition. It does not say who asked him those questions or who was present when he answered.

Other claims and allegations in the petition that question Benson’s competence include:

— In the summer of 2014, at the urging of Gayle Benson, Tom Benson attempted to purchase the Fairgrounds Race Course and Slots, despite it being illegal for NFL owners to have gambling interests.

— His diet primarily consists of candies, ice cream, sodas and red wine.

— Gayle Benson has removed photographs of Tom Benson’s family members that were once prominently displayed.
Rita Benson LeBlanc, family file suit claiming Tom Benson incompetent to control New Orleans Saints, Pelicans http://t.co/NASfIA8VqJ
— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) January 22, 2015

Honestly.. It's hard to get a bead on the situation.

The only victim here is Tom Benson. If the accusation is legit and Gayle is taking advantage of a guy that has lost his mind a little.. then you can't help but feel bad for the guy.

If his mind is still sharp.. then you have to feel a little bad that his family is willing to drag him through the mud, just for money.

An exhibit in the court filing shows Benson sent a signed letter on Dec. 27 to his relatives saying they had become “offensive” and did not “act in an appropriate manner,” creating a heartbreaking family situation he would not tolerate. He then demanded they cease all contact with him, and he banned them from entering Saints and Pelicans facilities or attending games. He also banned them from offices, car dealerships and television facilities he owns.

Apparently this may be the letter he sent his family. Not sure it has been declared legit or a hoax yet.

B7-x2xZCEAA9I7K.jpg

B7-x6MgCYAAlA6r.jpg

Reading the petition, I'd say Rita, Ryan and their Mama is out of luck unless they can actually prove that Benson is incompetent and being manipulated by his wife rather than just being sick of them. That's no so easy to do. No court is going to overrule a competent person's intent to allocate his assets as he wishes. They may have to kiss the gravy train goodbye.

Tom & Gayle have been married since 2004, so I don't think the "kids" can use the old "golddigger" thing on her. Rita had her chance - chances - and blew it. I don't think anyone is surprised by this suit and I don't think they stand much of a chance of overturning his wishes, especially since he has stated emphatically that all three of them will be cared for from his estate. This is very important as his daughter is adopted and an adopted child cannot be disinherited. But leaving a bunch of cash should be plenty to take care of that. And if I'm not too badly mistaken, I'm pretty sure a wife is considered the closest relative. At least we know now why the team sucked so badly, what with this going on right in front of them. I do hope this is all settled before next season starts. Once the team knows there will be stability I bet they will right the ship in '15. If it's not settled we may see another rocky start. *sigh* Oh, well.

With Rita and company opening up a lawsuit that tries to declare Benson a drooling mess that Gayle and her friends are taking advantage of..

Benson may not be all there in the head. It happens. Rita seems like the spoiled rich b1tch though that has not been able to accept getting the boot.

http://theadvocate.com/news/weeklies/11402874-125/tom-benson-is-incapacitated-daughter

This is so ******* sad!!

Tom & Gayle have been married since 2004, so I don't think the "kids" can use the old "golddigger" thing on her. Rita had her chance - chances - and blew it. I don't think anyone is surprised by this suit and I don't think they stand much of a chance of overturning his wishes, especially since he has stated emphatically that all three of them will be cared for from his estate. This is very important as his daughter is adopted and an adopted child cannot be disinherited. But leaving a bunch of cash should be plenty to take care of that. And if I'm not too badly mistaken, I'm pretty sure a wife is considered the closest relative. At least we know now why the team sucked so badly, what with this going on right in front of them. I do hope this is all settled before next season starts. Once the team knows there will be stability I bet they will right the ship in '15. If it's not settled we may see another rocky start. *sigh* Oh, well.

A woman in that situation never loses the "golddigger" nickname. Even if it's not true. You know what I mean? His family may throw that nickname around for the next decade or two.

From everything I've read about Rita, I agree.. she has had plenty of chances and blew them all .

My only concern would be the 0.00001% chance Rita is telling the truth and Benson isn't thinking for himself or acting on his own. I've seen quite a bit of elder abuse and people taking advantage of them.. it sickens me. Regardless though, even if Rita isn't just crying wolf yet again, I doubt there is anyway to prove what she says is true.

Really is. Like I said, the only real victim there is Tom Benson.

That is the truth! I feel so bad for him. I went thru a bunch of crap when I lost my parents, to a much lesser degree, but still painful. I know what was done to my parents and what they were put thru. I really hope they can all reconcile before Tom passes. But I doubt it. Edited by NawlinsLady

I read the entire thing. Whenever a person in their late 80's start acting 180 degrees differently than they usually do, there could be a problem. Until I learn more, I think I'm on the daughter/grandchildren's side.

so you'd actually want RITA BENSON running the organization if old Tom passed?

I also read the whole thing. Its exactly what you'd expect from someone filing a lawsuit. Benson had plenty of time watching Rita fire 30 assistants, piss off Payton, get a 6 month suspension for lack of discipline and more. Her confrontations with Benson are well known. He has a right to change his direction.