Anybody Hear Dled On 92.9 Today Saying That Smith Wanted Dent?

falconidae

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest facelessman07

That's impossible

Smith has no say over personnel or draft, that's all on TD

I've been assured of this several times by our resident board "know-it-all's"

Ive heard some of this... This is why i said its hard to know who was truely the person to blame .... No doubt some of our lack of depth problem is on TD but TD also went after some of the guys Nolan and Smitty wanted....

Smitty and Nolan had a big say so in who we brought in .... and they should... A GM should NEVER draft or sign FA against his HC and DC scheme or system....

It doesnt matter tho .. Time to move on.... Lets see what happens

Guest facelessman07

Ive heard some of this... This is why i said its hard to know who was truely the person to blame .... No doubt some of our lack of depth problem is on TD but TD also went after some of the guys Nolan and Smitty wanted....

Smitty and Nolan had a big say so in who we brought in .... and they should... A GM should NEVER draft or sign FA against his HC and DC scheme or system....

It doesnt matter tho .. Time to move on.... Lets see what happens

Dent came here before Nolan so moves like this show how much of a dunce Smitty was

Dent came here before Nolan so moves like this show how much of a dunce Smitty was

Im not talking about Dent specifically ... Im talking about Nolan and Smitty getting some of the guys they wanted.

TD gets no pass at all but some act like its purely on TD ... Every pick is the guy he wants and he is like to **** with Nolan and Smitty.

It doesnt/didnt work like that

Im not talking about Dent specifically ... Im talking about Nolan and Smitty getting some of the guys they wanted.

TD gets no pass at all but some act like its purely on TD ... Every pick is the guy he wants and he is like to **** with Nolan and Smitty.

Nature of the business. Dimitroff gets credit for Matt Ryan but reality of situation he wanted Dorsey. General Manager gets credit for hits that might not be his doing and gets blame for allowing coaches, gm or owner have their say.

Guest facelessman07

I understand what you're saying but I firmly believe Nolan didn't have as much of a say as he should have. Look at the players drafted with the Niners when he was there compared to the guys we drafted here

Oh Smitty I couldn't be more thrilled that you are gone

So Dled said it, is true ? .....aint buying that chit....go ahead and blame Smitty for every chit pick TD ever made LOL, helll he is not here to defend himself...

DLED the tard that he is, is just sucking up to the current regime. If Smith stayed he would have thrown TD under the bus. Actual journalism is not important, access is.

I understand what you're saying but I firmly believe Nolan didn't have as much of a say as he should have. Look at the players drafted with the Niners when he was there compared to the guys we drafted here

Oh Smitty I couldn't be more thrilled that you are gone

I think part of smitty downfall was putting himself in nolans ideas and his system ...

listen i was a HUGE nolan fan when he got here ... Going off of the name and some of his first year stats with teams .

The main reason why he left the Broncos is because Joshie Mc D wanted his hands in every thing controling it ... Even the Defense.... My point is ... Nolan is not here without some say so.

Again.. i wanted a fresh start ... A clean sweep

Regardless it doesnt matter .... We have a new start ... I wish nolan the best .... the cards have talent there so hopefully that works for him.

Guest facelessman07

I think part of smitty downfall was putting himself in nolans ideas and his system ...

listen i was a HUGE nolan fan when he got here ... Going off of the name and some of his first year stats with teams .

The main reason why he left the Broncos is because Joshie Mc D wanted his hands in every thing controling it ... Even the Defense.... My point is ... Nolan is not here without some say so.

Regardless it doesnt matter .... We have a new start ... I wish nolan the best .... the cards have talent there so hopefully that works for him.

Nolan implied several, several times that he did not have the personnel he needed

Several times

Nolan's downfall was coming to work with a coach who had a poor defensive philosophy

Like I said, all you gotta do is look at the players drafted here and compare them to the players that were drafted when he was the HC with the Niners

Nolan implied several, several times that he did not have the personnel he needed

Several times

Nolan's downfall was coming to work with a coach who had a poor defensive philosophy

Like I said, all you gotta do is look at the players drafted here and compare them to the players that were drafted when he was the HC with the Niners

ill agree to disagree my friend... Again... im not just blaming one dude... I blaming them all... So im partly disagreeing with you .... Its all good tho

Nature of the business. Dimitroff gets credit for Matt Ryan but reality of situation he wanted Dorsey. General Manager gets credit for hits that might not be his doing and gets blame for allowing coaches, gm or owner have their say.

No he didn't.he considered Dorsey..read all about it in several books..in fact in the book by Holley, TD, Smitty and mularkey wanted ryan over Dorsey in the end