Cardinals Interested In Meeting With Falcons Dc Mike Nolan

the Falcons allowed the most yards per game (398.3), yards per play (6.14), passing yards per game (279.9), passing yards per play (7.91), rushing touchdowns (21) and first downs per game (22.4) while finishing the year with the highest third-down percentage (46.8) in the league.

Our defense is so sad..it's amazing actually

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep he will probably have Dockett out playing deep safety and Peterson rushing the passer

he dropped holoti nagta b4 with the ravens, got him a INT b4.. the guy can scheme, nust needs talent to do so, and when you dnt have talent, you try to do ANYTHING(berrman deep saftey) to see if it will work.

he dropped holoti nagta b4 with the ravens, got him a INT b4.. the guy can scheme, nust needs talent to do so, and when you dnt have talent, you try to do ANYTHING(berrman deep saftey) to see if it will work.

yep. whether we accept it or not, it happens on every team. We just don't like it because it didn't work well for the birds. It's apart of every DC scheme, just not used often

BJ Raji Pick 6 INT of Caleb Hanie...Bears vs. Packers 2011: http://youtu.be/gakkGoN4v0M

They need D ick who by the way is the creator of the zone blitz scheme which routinely drops Dlinemen in coverage.

I hope to gawd we fare better with the Zone Blocking Scheme than we ever did with that got dam miserable Zone Blitz Scheme. The Zone Blitz Scheme reminds me a lot of every DC's favorite ploy, the "Prevent Defense" ~ instead of preventing the other team from scoring, it actually helps them do it more quickly and easily. Hmmm, now that I think of it, I've been wrong about Nolan, ALL NFL DC's are dumbazzes. emot-rant.gif

I hope to gawd we fare better with the Zone Blocking Scheme than we ever did with that got dam miserable Zone Blitz Scheme. The Zone Blitz Scheme reminds me a lot of every DC's favorite ploy, the "Prevent Defense" ~ instead of preventing the other team from scoring, it actually helps them do it more quickly and easily. Hmmm, now that I think of it, I've been wrong about Nolan, ALL NFL DC's are dumbazzes. emot-rant.gif

I like defenses like the NFC west produces ... Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Seachickens, all hard-nosed, hard hitting defenses, be they 3-4 or 4-3. Not much in the way of smoke and mirrors, just smashmouth ownage.

I like defenses like the NFC west produces ... Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Seachickens, all hard-nosed, hard hitting defenses, be they 3-4 or 4-3. Not much in the way of smoke and mirrors, just smashmouth ownage.

But that's only recently. When the NFC west was the worst division in the NFL, they were softer than Richard Simmons at a Victoria Secret show for the most part.

I think Nolan will do fine there. He can coach when he has top notch talent.

I think I can go along with that. I mean, let's say if Nolan were standing at the top of the Great Wall of China with a division of Special Forces troops, he would very likely be able to withstand the attack of a wheelchair Girl Scout troop armed with water pistols.

There's a lot of Nolan hate on here and tbh most is warranted. I for one thank him for 2012 and really feel if TD actually got him a half decent pass rusher and didn't lose him all his veteran starters (abe, lofton, Nicholas, grimes) we would still be singing his praises. Fuk it I know most of you hate him and will flame away but honestly I blame us not going to the superbowl on Smitty and his crappy conservative 2nd half mentality. Put some points on the board and the pressure comes off the defence and they can play to their 2012 strengths (takeaways and restricting field goals)

Prediction,

They do fine his first season there due to the overwhelming amount of talent, and crumble like an old pie in seasons 2-3 and become terrible.

the first yr, he confused and schemed his defense to getting take aways, there wasnt any better talent then.

The only thing that changed was the fact teams started to figure out what nolan was trying to do..

There's a lot of Nolan hate on here and tbh most is warranted. I for one thank him for 2012 and really feel if TD actually got him a half decent pass rusher and didn't lose him all his veteran starters (abe, lofton, Nicholas, grimes) we would still be singing his praises. Fuk it I know most of you hate him and will flame away but honestly I blame us not going to the superbowl on Smitty and his crappy conservative 2nd half mentality. Put some points on the board and the pressure comes off the defence and they can play to their 2012 strengths (takeaways and restricting field goals)

He coached Grimes for about a quarter of a game and never coached Lofton. I Also heard it was Nolan who felt as if he wouldn't be a fit.

Amen and plus one on the smashmouth ownage, bruh. It's about time we got physical and started punishing offenses.

the first yr, he confused and schemed his defense to getting take aways, there wasnt any better talent then.

The only thing that changed was the fact teams started to figure out what nolan was trying to do..

he brought in most of the talent.

we shed abraham, grimes, and lofton. Brought in Assaquoi, mallaciah badman, the mop, Bart simpson, and Shembo.

yep. whether we accept it or not, it happens on every team. We just don't like it because it didn't work well for the birds. It's apart of every DC scheme, just not used often

We dont like it because it made no sense. Did you EVER see a lineman drop back as far as Biermann did? Dropping back 5 yards is one thing. Sprinting to drop back 15+ is another.

Falcons6_zps1d8bb9fb.jpg