Cardinals Interested In Meeting With Falcons Dc Mike Nolan

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Another coach may be considered for the Arizona Cardinals' next defensive coordinator.

Theyd like to interview Atlanta Falcons defensive coordinator Mike Nolan, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Nolan completed his third season with the Falcons in 2014, a season in which the Falcons allowed the most yards per game (398.3), yards per play (6.14), passing yards per game (279.9), passing yards per play (7.91), rushing touchdowns (21) and first downs per game (22.4) while finishing the year with the highest third-down percentage (46.8) in the league.

The Falcons ran a 3-4 base defense in 2014, which would ease his transition to the Cardinals locker room. But Atlanta ran some 4-3, like Arizona did last season, as well.

Nolan was the San Francisco 49ers head coach from 2005-08 and posted a 2-6 record against the Cardinals. He was 18-37 overall with the Niners.

Nolan coached Cardinals outside linebacker John Abraham in 2012, Nolans first season and Abrahams last year with the Falcons.

The Cardinals are also scheduled to meet with former Pittsburgh Steelers defensive coordinator **** LeBeau this week, according to Schefter

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Falcons allowed the most yards per game (398.3), yards per play (6.14), passing yards per game (279.9), passing yards per play (7.91), rushing touchdowns (21) and first downs per game (22.4) while finishing the year with the highest third-down percentage (46.8) in the league.

I mean, I knew, but to see it all just laid out like that...dammit man.

I think Nolan might be in the Monte Kiffin stage of his career. Once knew what he was doing but the game has evolved and he hasn't adjusted. Getting by on reputation now. I know our D wasn't talented but he didn't do a lot to help it either.

Good luck Cards fans if that happens.

Nolan has been too good historically to assume he'll fail in Arizona with all that talent.

Having said that, given his recent love for the big nickel and his odd statements about pass rush, I wonder if the game hasn't passed him by. He seems to want to be innovative, without the knowledge of how to really innovate.

Nolan is a clueless, incompetent moron. If they do have success, it will be despite Nolan, not because of him.

or.... hear me out, it could be because they have better talent then we do... smh, regardless if we played dufferent ppl in differnet spots which is what nolan was doing, trying to find some sort of unit who could stop someone..

Ppl complain about how he did this or that, yet every knowledgeable football person backs nolan ip, knowing the obvious, and thats this defense has NO TALENT!

It doesnt matter who coaches the team if you keep this same group out there..

Bowles,rex,quinn,lebue whoever. It doesnt matter if you dnt have the players.

He had the worst defense in the league, yet still got an offer. That should tell you something right there to the average fan.