Quinn Should Bring Maxwell With Him

brown bomber

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/12/07/3529871/seahawks-switch-of-byron-maxwell.html

Maxwell can play slot or outside. We would have 3 very good CB's if we got him. It makes sense for him to follow Quinn here. I think he is the one player Quinn brings with him. He would be closer to home.

He's from SC and knows Quinn's defense. That could help the rest of the secondary. I could be wrong but I can see this happening.

I'm not gonna call Alford very good until he shows that he has adjusted to the rules. I'm sure some will blame it on lack of pass rush but if he is as good as said, that shouldn't be his issue. Trufant seems to be doing OK

yeah...he seems to panic at the end and grab or push. but he is right there, just needs to be more disciplined in the technique.

I would love to add him and Malcolm Smith to the Defense. Smith is a very quick and versatile linebacker and at 25 has his best years ahead of him. Having not been a full starter for Seattle I don't see him commanding a massive deal either.

Maxwell is arguably one of the top corners hitting FA this year. Seeing how the market goes and how desperate teams are for his services I honestly believe he could command a contract for anything between $6-10 mm/year.

Edited by halifaxfalcon

Bring back McClain as the 4th DB.

Please God, no.

Anyway, Maxwell should be tired of playing Cinderella. He'd be a great addition to this secondary (in the slot, most preferably) if we can grab him.

If we can't, I'm fine with waiting to see how much Allen has developed and possibly putting him in the slot. Whatever we do, I don't want Alford playing nickel. Like I've been saying since we drafted him, that's not his strong suit.

I would love to add him and Malcolm Smith to the Defense. Smith is a very quick and versatile linebacker and at 25 has his best years ahead of him. Having not been a full starter for Seattle I don't see him commanding a massive deal either.

Maxwell is arguably one of the top corners hitting FA this year. Seeing how the market goes and how desperate teams are for his services I honestly believe he could command a contract for anything between $6-10 mm/year.

Malcolm Smith is terrible

Alford will get his shot at the #2 spot. He has what it takes, it's just a matter of if he can get it all together or not. Too early to sign someone to replace a 2nd round pick's spot. If we were to sign a FA CB, I would want them to come in knowing they were competing for the slot. Alford in the slot is no good. There's a guy on here who knows him personally & he will testify to that. Outside and the slot are totally different and Alford is way in over his head there.

Has had a poor season but was outstanding in the Super Bowl (MVP)

I would take him over any of our current olb's

Larry Brown was awesome in the SB for Dallas way back when and what happened after that? Not saying Malcolm Smith will have that same drop-off, but he was missing in action for most of this season and you'd have to bring him in and get nothing in return.

Maxwell would be a nice pick-up. He was out when Seattle played Carolina and Simon had to cover Benjamin, which he could not do. Plug Maxwell into that game and Benjamin's impact is limited. If Maxwell can hold his own opposite Sherman and others, he would be fine in our secondary.