Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fuego

11 Of 12 Pats' Footballs Under-Inflated By 2 Pounds

123 posts in this topic

And the professor of physics at Boston College has already dispelled the "It could have been the weather" mantra. If this happened after inspection, which seems likely, the Patriots are in some shyt. What's really sad is I don't think it would have made a difference in the game, the Colts were inferior, despite Tom Brady having deflated balls.........ph34r.png

Wonder what the pathetic NFL power structure will do to Belichick? If Sean Payton got a year for Bountygate, then Belichick should get at least the same, plus they should lose draft picks.

Dirtybird3 likes this

And the professor of physics at Boston College has already dispelled the "It could have been the weather" mantra. If this happened after inspection, which seems likely, the Patriots are in some shyt. What's really sad is I don't think it would have made a difference in the game, the Colts were inferior, despite Tom Brady having deflated balls.........ph34r.png

That's the worst part of this... the Pats easily had the talent to win this... why go to that extreme? It makes no **** sense, especially not for an established organization. Just pathetic,

theDIRTYcode likes this

Wonder what the pathetic NFL power structure will do to Belichick? If Sean Payton got a year for Bountygate, then Belichick should get at least the same, plus they should lose draft picks.

Take draft picks and give a fine most likely. Not much as far as the Pats are concerned.

That's just what Belichick does. Every advantage he can get he uses, no matter how small or illegal. You just have to wonder what stuff he HASN'T gotten caught doing. You know he is doing much more.

While this probably didn't matter vs the Colts, who knows if they were doing it vs the Ravens? It could have made all the difference then.

I doubt Goodell will do anything about this though.

If a LB knows then a QB and WR definitely knows.

Too many excuses made for them.

And if they know, the referee who is charged with 'inspecting' the balls before they're put into play should have some idea that he's allowing the team to play with under-inflated balls. Right?

conspiracy-theory-caution_0.jpg

JDaveG likes this

Can make the difference in a fumble

Can make the difference in a catch or drop

Can make the difference in release

Can make a difference in throwing power

I would say that makes a lot of variables. A fumble or a missed catch on 3rd down Changes entire dynamics especially early on.

It really does bro. Its awesome when training kids though. Thing is in game, ball management becomes too much.

Can make the difference in a fumble

Can make the difference in a catch or drop

Can make the difference in release

Can make a difference in throwing power

I would say that makes a lot of variables. A fumble or a missed catch on 3rd down Changes entire dynamics especially early on.

The refs apparently caught it at halftime, and New England pitched a shutout in the 2nd half. It was an unneeded tactic by an organization that will apparently do anything to win.

And if they know, the referee who is charged with 'inspecting' the balls before they're put into play should have some idea that he's allowing the team to play with under-inflated balls. Right?

conspiracy-theory-caution_0.jpg

I dont know if this is defending the Pats or just shitposting but you do realize they very well de-inflated them post-inspection, right?

That's just what Belichick does. Every advantage he can get he uses, no matter how small or illegal. You just have to wonder what stuff he HASN'T gotten caught doing. You know he is doing much more.

While this probably didn't matter vs the Colts, who knows if they were doing it vs the Ravens? It could have made all the difference then.

I doubt Goodell will do anything about this though.

That is why I do not like the Pats (use to really like them) and that is why I do not like McDaniels. Use to be a fan.

I dont know if this is defending the Pats or just shitposting but you do realize they very well de-inflated them post-inspection, right?

Defending the Pats? Never! I'm saying that the ref was complicit if he was specifically charged with making sure this didn't happen. He should have caught this before D'Qwell Jackson did. IMO, the Pats need to be hammered for doing it and that guy needs to be sanctioned for not catching it.

Defending the Pats? Never! I'm saying that the ref was complicit if he was specifically charged with making sure this didn't happen. He should have caught this before D'Qwell Jackson did. IMO, the Pats need to be hammered for doing it and that guy needs to be sanctioned for not catching it.

im down with that

Man this really makes me mad. The thing is they probably didn't need to do this to beat the Colts, but they just don't care. What a sleazy franchise. I hope Seattle pounds them and puts Brady on his back hard.

Take draft picks and give a fine most likely. Not much as far as the Pats are concerned.

Exactly bb will still find gems in the 5th n 6th rounds with picks from trading 5 years ago lol.

But yea regardless of the score one play could change everything whether in the 1st qtr or 4th. Trying to pay catch up and abandoning certain game plans. Momentum shifts all that good stuff. Not saying the advantage was a 30 pt one but they knew what they were doing. Brady knows the ne weather he knew it would make a difference and this was not the first game he's done it. This was for bradys liking so if bb goes down so should Mr brady

Knight of God likes this

Shouldn't the refs noticed it when they are handed the ball after every single freaking play?

That's the part that confuses me. Yes they definitely should have. Not sure why they did not notice it. Maybe players are just better at feeling the difference because they are catching and handling footballs more often and for longer periods of time.

paulitik likes this

No reason this team should be allowed to play in the big game. Brady would notice, WR would notice, HB, would notice, TE would notice. It's a team issue, and therefore should have a severe team penalty of not going to the show.

Now you understand why Brady's reaction to questions was like his butt was hurting him. He knew the gig was up and tried to downplay it.

So, if the refs inspect the oblate spheroids 2 hours before the game and than don't allow the teams to mess with them, how does that happen?

Did they check the oblate spheroids the seahawks used?

paulitik likes this

Now you understand why Brady's reaction to questions was like his butt was hurting him. He knew the gig was up and tried to downplay it.

They should make it hurt bad and remove them from the Super Bowl.

Comsidering every part of the field is littered with players , staff, officials, video cameras and reporters, for the few hours before the game, you'd think someone would actually notice someone purposely deflating a dozen balls.

zzfrow likes this

They should make it hurt bad and remove them from the Super Bowl.

And do what? Cancel the Super Bowl? Have the Colts play instead? not being sarcastic, what do they do?

Wonder if this is the thing that finally takes Goodell down?

And do what? Cancel the Super Bowl? Have the Colts play instead? not being sarcastic, what do they do?

Wonder if this is the thing that finally takes Goodell down?

Move the Colts in.

So, if the refs inspect the oblate spheroids 2 hours before the game and than don't allow the teams to mess with them, how does that happen?

Did they check the oblate spheroids the seahawks used?

They give each team 12 balls after the inspection.