Eagles May Move Up For Mariota

A source tells NJ.com that the Eagles will "try" to move up in the NFL draft to select Oregon QB Marcus Mariota.

NJ.com's source is "familiar with the Eagles' offseason plans." Of course, anyone can connect the dots from coach Chip Kelly to Mariota. Kelly recruited Mariota to Oregon, called him the most talented kid he ever coached in college and immobile Nick Foles was shaky before getting injured last season. Moving up from No. 20 in the draft to the top-two would be extremely costly (as the Redskins found out in the RG3 trade), but it's possible Mariota slips a bit as the draft process plays out.

Obviously it would depend on if any of the teams after us are seeking a QB that are a threat to Philly. The only issue is if we go back to #20 then not many pass rushers will be left. We could always take the trade back and just move back up to the early teens while still having some picks left over from Philly.

I mentioned this in another thread a few weeks back.

At the minimum it will cost them Nick Foles, first this year and first next year and probably second this year as well.

Oh i think there is no way on earth they trade all the way up to the top 2. But i can see them trading up some. The Rams at 10 is really the only QB needy team and I doubt they would want him. I can see Eagles just waiting it out.

Oh i think there is no way on earth they trade all the way up to the top 2. But i can see them trading up some. The Rams at 10 is really the only QB needy team and I doubt they would want him. I can see Eagles just waiting it out.

They would have to trade above the Jets IMO if the Bucs and Titans somehow pass on Mariota.