Peterson, Murray, Or Lynch.... If We Could Get 1?

Lord Draakus

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I didn't think about it but there are some A-list RBs out there in free agency. Gurley or Gordon might be at our second round pick forreal. Ingram is available too. Outside of the Seahawks, other teams have bigger problems than RB. Cowboys could use defense, 11 is probably too early for the Vikings to pick a RB (same with the Saints)/

Edited by HEIST

All three of them have some serious red flags. AP's is obvious, Murray can't stay healthy for a whole season, and it's questionable to what Lynch's motivation is going to be to continue playing football.

If I'm in the Atlanta Falcons front office, I think the greatest way to create buzz moving into a new stadium in two years, is to draft Gurley.

Gurley would be big draw since he is well known locally. The problem with drafting him high should be obvious. He could turn out to be another Marcus Lattimore. Entering the draft coming off a serious injury, never playing a down and then "retiring" to collect on the insurance.

People really need to stop comparing Gurley to Lattimore as if it makes any sense to do so. Lattimore's injury was horrendous, with him tearing basically everything in that leg. Gurley only tore his acl. Most expect a full recovery from Gurley. The same was not true with Lattimore. Also, Gurley, before his injury, was a better and more highly rated talent than Lattimore was before his injury. Lattimore was expected top 25 at best, while Gurley was always expected, before the injury, to go top 10. There simply isn't a comparison.

People really need to stop comparing Gurley to Lattimore as if it makes any sense to do so. Lattimore's injury was horrendous, with him tearing basically everything in that leg. Gurley only tore his acl. Most expect a full recovery from Gurley. The same was not true with Lattimore. Also, Gurley, before his injury, was a better and more highly rated talent than Lattimore was before his injury. Lattimore was expected top 25 at best, while Gurley was always expected, before the injury, to go top 10. There simply isn't a comparison.

I wasn't comparing injuries, I wasn't even comparing the players. I was comparing situations. There is a higher risk with drafting a player fresh off of an injury. I don't remember correctly, but I believe Lattimore was drafted late rounds, if he was even drafted. I think teams will be weary of Gurley because of the injury as a result of the 49ers taking that gamble. Which means he will drop past the second round. And, because of he didn't destroy his knee, means he will be a steal. I'm not against drafting Gurley, just possibly getting him a in a later round.

Edited by asault86

I'd save some money by passing on all 3.

If I was going to get a FA HB, it'd be Ingram, and I would re-sign A. Smith. I'd also sign the best FA FB available.

I'd spend the extra $$$ saved on o-line and/or defensive help.

I'd roll with Freeman, Ingram, Smith, and a solid FB

Guest Negatorris

Peterson is staying with the Vikings.

Murray is talented but he had a lot of help from that great OL. He was at or near the top of the league in lost fumbles, and this was his only year where he played all 16 games.

Lynch would probably have one good year here then fade to oblivion. The Hawks have rode him for too long.

With Shanahan as our OC we can live with Freeman, Smith, and a late round rookie RB.

Guest Negatorris

Murray is talented but he had a lot of help from that great OL. He was at or near the top of the league in lost fumbles, and this was his only year where he played all 16 games.

Lynch would probably have one good year here then fade to oblivion. The Hawks have rode him for too long.

With Shanahan as our OC we can live with Freeman, Smith, and a late round rookie RB.

Torris for real do you really think we can live with Freeman,Antone & a mid rounder????Man I dunno Bro at the moment I'd look long and hard at Gordon if we are going to a ZBS the dude is a good fit regardless ofif we take himin the 1st or 2nd with in maybe a tradedown scenario.

Matt Ryan NEEDS an EXCELLENT running game to be successful....or it's just more of the same in him dropping back trying to beat teams with his arm. The screen game could work, but we don't necessarily have the best blocking for it at the moment when teams blitz (our guys get ran over).

Not sure why people want to overlook RB unless we are expecting a Matt Ryan to do it all again...I believe he can, just not with our current O-Line situation.

EDIT: Ingram would be my choice after we wash the "Swamp" smell off of him..

Edited by AlphaOmega