DE: Jackson, Peters

LEO: Hughes, Mass

MLB: Weatherspoon, Worrilow

OLB: Marshall, Bartu

OLB (strong): McPhee, Orchard, Mass

SS: Moore, Ishmael

FS: Lowery, Southward

CB: Trufant, Alford, Wilson, Allen

Run, run, run, play-action, run, play-action, touchdown.

You don't want Scherrif at 8.

Trust me I am an Iowa fan, I've seen every college game he has ever played. I can't believe he won the Outland. He is gonna be a RT or a Guard in the NFL. He gets beat with the speed rush. Now if he was there with our pick in the 2nd I'd be all for it.

No way at #8

Trust me I am an Iowa fan, I've seen every college game he has ever played. I can't believe he won the Outland. He is gonna be a RT or a Guard in the NFL. He gets beat with the speed rush. Now if he was there with our pick in the 2nd I'd be all for it.

No way at #8

I guarantee you Falcanuck was drafting him as a guard.

No way at #8

I've witnessed Scherff dominate Ohio State live and have seen a ton of film on him. He's worth the #1 pick. And you're right, he will play RT, that's what I want.

Cutting blalock is a 7.9m cap hit and 4.1m dead money in 15...only $916kin dead money in 2016,

Assuming baker doesn't retire and we cut him,he's $7.3m cap hit and $9.2M in dead money in 2015.

I'm not a cap guy but I doubt we absorb a $15.2M cap hit and $13.3M dead money in 2015

Tell me I'm wrong then we'll go further..I hope that I'm wrong incidentally, but that seems bad business. So it's probably one or the other, when it comes to baker and blalock getting cut.

Otherwise, sure on the draft. Although, Sheff over Beasley, Ray or Gregory,or Landon Collins, or even Cooper --one of whom should be there just doesnt seem plausible.

That said, If we went with an OT which isn't impossible to believe I doubt we sign Franklin . Which means blalock gets a reprieve

We just took a tackle last year and you don't take a RT in the top ten. Besides that, Schraeder held it down for the most part. I few that as a wasted pick for your mock. Also there is no chance Nate Orchard lasts till the 3rd round. He is a border line 1st round currently standing, his stock will rise after the combine. And I don't like throwing all that money at our defensive holes, it has not worked out in the past.

We just took a tackle last year and you don't take a RT in the top ten. Besides that, Schraeder held it down for the most part. I few that as a wasted pick for your mock. Also there is no chance Nate Orchard lasts till the 3rd round. He is a border line 1st round currently standing, his stock will rise after the combine. And I don't like throwing all that money at our defensive holes, it has not worked out in the past.

I'd take Sherff if we play him at guard, sometimes it pays off to take a Guard this high(see Cowboys), but even then, we better have one **** of a free agency.

I'd take Sherff if we play him at guard, sometimes it pays off to take a Guard this high(see Cowboys), but even then, we better have one **** of a free agency.

I kinda agree, it's just taking a guard in the top ten doesn't seem to be worth the price. Guards are 2nd tier positions. And we still have Blalock under contract, be it that he might not be the best, he can still hold it down without us having to spend high draft currency on a position that is currently being held with other positions needing to be addressed.

For me, anything other than defense is a disappointment in the 1st.

Why? Free agency hasn't even started yet. If we sign a couple of pass rushers and an ILB it gives us a lot more options with our first rounder. We won 10 games in the last 2 years. We need talent anywhere we can get it. I'd rather draft a RT, Guard, or WR who has All Pro potential in the top 10 than reach on a DE just because our defense sucks.

Cutting blalock is a 7.9m cap hit and 4.1m dead money in 15...only $916kin dead money in 2016,

Assuming baker doesn't retire and we cut him,he's $7.3m cap hit and $9.2M in dead money in 2015.

I'm not a cap guy but I doubt we absorb a $15.2M cap hit and $13.3M dead money in 2015

Tell me I'm wrong then we'll go further..I hope that I'm wrong incidentally, but that seems bad business. So it's probably one or the other, when it comes to baker and blalock getting cut.

Otherwise, sure on the draft. Although, Sheff over Beasley, Ray or Gregory,or Landon Collins, or even Cooper --one of whom should be there just doesnt seem plausible.

That said, If we went with an OT which isn't impossible to believe I doubt we sign Franklin . Which means blalock gets a reprieve

When you cut a player the "dead money" is their cap hit for the year now that they aren't on the team. So cutting Blalock saves over 3mil. Also, Baker would be a June 1st cut, spreading his dead money over 2015 and 2016.

As fo everyone else. I understand why people would want a pass rusher, but I don't think any of them would be BPA if Scherff was still available. Also, there's no way in **** I'd take a WR.

This OL is specifically for Shanahan, Ryan and Tevin Coleman. Matt Ryan is arguably the best play-action QB in the league, Shanahan loves running the ball and is the best play-action OC in the league and Tevin Coleman is a monster right up there with Gordon and Gurley.

Also, tell me how much better this D would be with these additions.

When you cut a player the "dead money" is their cap hit for the year now that they aren't on the team. So cutting Blalock saves over 3mil. Also, Baker would be a June 1st cut, spreading his dead money over 2015 and 2016.

As fo everyone else. I understand why people would want a pass rusher, but I don't think any of them would be BPA if Scherff was still available. Also, there's no way in **** I'd take a WR.

This OL is specifically for Shanahan, Ryan and Tevin Coleman. Matt Ryan is arguably the best play-action QB in the league, Shanahan loves running the ball and is the best play-action OC in the league and Tevin Coleman is a monster right up there with Gordon and Gurley.

Also, tell me how much better this D would be with these additions.

Not according to spotrac. I think a young edge rusher is an investment for this year and beyond...assuming as you pointed out they are BPA

Don't. Get me wrong, a revamped OL is never a bad thing. But Sheff or Beasley? No contest. It's beasley

Not according to spotrac. I think a young edge rusher is an investment for this year and beyond...assuming as you pointed out they are BPA

Don't. Get me wrong, a revamped OL is never a bad thing. But Sheff or Beasley? No contest. It's beasley

Use over the cap, it displays it better than spotrac. And no, it's not. Beasley is an extreme overdraft at #8.

Why? Free agency hasn't even started yet. If we sign a couple of pass rushers and an ILB it gives us a lot more options with our first rounder. We won 10 games in the last 2 years. We need talent anywhere we can get it. I'd rather draft a RT, Guard, or WR who has All Pro potential in the top 10 than reach on a DE just because our defense sucks.

There will be someone available at 8 who warrants a top 10 pick. Say Gregory and Ray are both gone. Fowler is a solid option, and so is Dupree. Both show they CAN warrant a top 10 pick. Combine will probably boost their stocks as well. ****, maybe even Beasley might add 15-20 lbs. That'd definitely be worthy of a top 10 pick.