Atlanta Hawks - Mid Season Report

FalconFanSince1970

As Bud pointed out he prefers that the players get back and set the defense than worrying about getting an offensive rebound. You look for offensive rebounds you can easily get beat in transition.

My concern is about the Hawks giving up offensive rebounds to teams, They have got to take care of that issue by having the guards help more.

I'm not talking about getting offensive rebounds. I'm talking about cutting down on our opponent's offensive rebounds.

I'm not talking about getting offensive rebounds. I'm talking about cutting down on our opponent's offensive rebounds.

Golden State, Dallas, Chicago, and Toronto give up more offensive rebounds than us. Rebounds for the most part are overrated the Heat finished in the bottom of the league during their Final runs.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/rebounds-per-game/sort/avgOffensiveReboundsOpponent

This is my only problem with al Horford and some of the other bigs. Yeah the little guys get back on defense, but al is hardly ever in defensive rebounding position.

The amount of times I see him behind his man chilling around the Ft line is way too much. Box out man...