Atlanta Falcons - Superbowl 50 Winners!

FenixFalcon

How crazy would it be that our first Super Bowl Win in franchise history could come on Superbowl 50! (yes in arabic, they are not representing superbowl 50 in roman numerals for whatever reason. "It's a 1 year break" they said, cause L isn't pleasing to the eye).

We have a unique opportunity here, with a new headcoach in Quinn and OC as Shanahan to be the greatest on earth, and Matt to take the next step in solidifying his bust in Canton.

I know it's still a long shot, 31 other teams are trying to do this too and blah blah blah...but I can't think of a better motivation then to win your first superbowl in superbowl's biggest checkpoint in history. Maybe we're still 2-3 years away, but with Ryan in his prime and Quinn fixing this flopped over defense Nolan didn't know how to play with...there's a reasonable hope to cling to here.

Now is the time for us to do what we came so close to doing in '12. And with the upside our team has, there is absolutely 0 excuse this can't happen. 30+ mil cap space, 8th round overall pick and only 3 glaring holes which can all be adressed in the offseason easily. (Pass rush, Ol depth, TE and maybe a starting feature back, though I do like freeman starting this year for us a lot too.)

Edited by RideOrDieIce

I think your optimism is a little misguided and over the top, but I love it lol. Honestly, I've learned not to doubt Matt after what he did in 2012. The line is gonna shift to zone blocking and actually feature a primary back. Ryan is gonna do what he does and actually mix it in with play action thanks to the new OC so I'm very excited. Just imagine the possibilities if we had a hint of a defense and Julio and Matt play the way they are capable of...

L isn't pleasing to the eye? Who the **** thought to pitch that thought to the league?

Who knows, read that in a ESPN article. And yes I know I'm being over optimistic, but I also said I know its a long shot. Either way, I'm so excited that this could be the right time, the right year and what a great Superbowl number it is.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves

This team has a long way to go

I know, I don't wanna jump the gun like most of us do every year but this is the greatest year in NFL history. At least until the century mark. 50 years of Superbowl and we could take home the Lombardi if we get down to business and play to win. Players need some strong motivation too.

Guest facelessman07

I know, I don't wanna jump the gun like most of us do every year but this is the greatest year in NFL history. At least until the century mark. 50 years of Superbowl and we could take home the Lombardi if we get down to business and play to win. Players need some strong motivation too.

New coaching or not, this team has a lot to prove

They need to prove something to me before I will even mention them hypothetically in the Super Bowl

hate to be that guy but this goes for every team in the league

As I posted in my OP, I know that. But this is SB 50 and what a spectacular way to make headlines by making a run to Superbowl 50 with the seahawks DC leading the helm, kyle shanahan transcending our offense into another level, the defense going from 32 to 16th or better (hopefully) and Ryan putting the haters to rest with a ring. No more living in the dark smelly shadow of NO just because were in the NFCS. Would be a monumental win for this organization whose never won a SB and after so many bad years of torment we've all gone through. Especially after we knew '12 was our year.

Edited by RideOrDieIce

As I posted in my OP, I know that. But this is SB 50 and what a spectacular way to make headlines by making a run to Superbowl 50 with the seahawks DC leading the helm, kyle shanahan transcending our offense into another level, the defense going from 32 to 16th or better (hopefully) and Ryan putting the haters to rest with a ring. No more living in the dark smelly shadow of NO just because were in the NFCS. Would be a monumental win for this organization whose never won a SB and after so many bad years of torment we've all gone through. Especially after we knew '12 was our year.

problem is you're talking about winning a super bowl and the final roster isn't even set yet. Just because they are gonna hire a super bowl winning defensive coordinator doesn't guarantee he will turn this teams defense around in a single season. I just personally don't see the point in getting hopes that high this soon. Sorry my man