If Quinn Will Be Hc, And Shanahan As Oc, Would It Be Possible . . .

I doubt we'll get a big name DC and quite frankly I don't want one. We need to get Quinn's D in here. Not a hybrid of he and someone else's. That's why were bring the man in to fix this D. He'll probably bring a position coach from Seattle to run tr D.

Well there is no news of Nolan being fired, so if he stays it most likely will be a hybrid anyway, unless Quinn is bringing his own DC with him.

Nolan could be retained. Quinn's defense and Nolan's non-falcon defense are fairly similar. Did yall not see the amoeba in the game yesterday? I think the main reason Nolan failed is that Smitty and Nolan do not see eye to eye and that smitty moved away from his bread and butter in 2011 with the firing of his defense. Nolan and Quinn could work together, but I think Quinn will bring someone from seattle with him.

Thats not possible(austin or lebeau coming here). I would love to keep nolan here though. I want him to get a superbowl with this team. I appreciate everything hes done for us.

No thanks. I appreciated Mike Smith way more (deservedly so), but I knew that his time here was over. Nolans bs scheme won't fly with Quinn either.

that Austin could be hired as DC? What about **** Lebeau? If that was possible, would he be an upgrade over Nolan? Discuss.

Think both would be an upgrade, but Lebeau is pushing 80 and Austin has a sweet gig in Detroit.

Would be possible to make Austin an asst head coach so that the Lions would have to release him from their contract. But Austin, if he duplicates the year he just had next year, will be the hottest coordinator out there next year. Probably best if he waits a year.