Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Hope Eagle

Tired Of Hearing How Great Russell Wilson Is

126 posts in this topic

I do not think think he's great but it's absolutely stupid to downplay his efforts because of his defense. Cam Newton is the perfect example of an overrated QB. Russell not so much.

I think they are both highly over rated and simply products of their current system. Wilson is a ton better than Cam and hugely successful due to his team in it's entirety.. Cam just looks lazy most of the time with his terrible mechanics and I swear he needs to light that stupid crying towel on fire with his head in it. He will never mature. Lucky for us that cam is as lazy as he is and mechanically flawed. Because if he had half a brain to go with his physicality it would be Panties in the south each season for the next decade. tongue.png

Nah, if he had Julio Jones on his team it wouldn't have done him any good today since he's injured, like always

You people act like Julio can walk on water or something. Even if he could, he'd get injured the moment he put 1 foot in front of the other

If SEA had Julio they'd be a lot better because Wilson isn't afraid to throw it downfield...no checkdowns from Wilson because he could just run the ball himself. Julio is injured a lot tho...

I hope Julio was watching Sherman today agonizing in pain and still playing on the field, & that Aaron Rodgers went out like a man (injured), even though they lost..

This thread is a new low for Ryan homers and the agenda crowd. The man had a bad game! I guess nobody witnessed Andrew Luck go 12-33 126 yds 0tds 2ints, in a dragging by NE 45-7. Let's all tear down Wilson even in a winning effort. Seahawks are very fortunate to have that type of defense AND Qb.

Thats funny...more like the Seahawks are fortunate to have that type of defense period. Wilson brings their team down, When your defense and running back creates 95% of your yards you can't call yourself a team with a good QB. These Russell nuthuggers that sit and say how Russell led his team to anything need to look at what really happens during these games. This team belongs to Marshawn and LoB, period. There isn't a single QB in the league including Ryan Leaf who wouldn't make a SB run every year with those 2 factors involved. Wilson nearly cost them the game, and him lobbing a 30+ yard ball to the end zone to hope his receiver catches it on piss poor coverage isn't Wilsons doing, it's entirely GB's fault Seattle won the game, period. There is no one in Seattle that deserves credit for this game AT ALL. It is entirely 100% on Green Bay for the worst 6:00 minutes of NFL football we have seen a team with an Elite QB play in over a decade. Seattle didn't battle back, Green Bay just gave up like Atlanta does all the time. Teams don't beat us when we give up those leads, we beat ourselves.

Joe Flacco wasn't crowned Elite or incredible because he made a 50+ yard pass behind a Denver safety in '12. Everyone knew and accepted that loss was entirely on Denver, no one else. Seattle did nothing today to deserve that win, aside from play just like they had all day long. Green Bay and McCarthy just got sloppy in the second half and gave it up. This shouldn't be a thread about Wilson, it should be about how Green Bay flopped. I don't understnad how anyone can keep giving that little runt credit when he nearly costs his teams games on a consistent basis and somehow miraculously is able to move the ball on the last drive of the game every time. 1 Good drive in 4 Quarters doesn't make you Elite, Good or even average. He's a backup level Quarterback playing on a suberbowl Caliber team, and all Pete asks him to do is refrain from dropping the ball or throwing picks. He failed miserably at that today. End of Story.

If SEA had Julio they'd be a lot better because Wilson isn't afraid to throw it downfield...no checkdowns from Wilson because he could just run the ball himself. Julio is injured a lot tho...

I hope Julio was watching Sherman today agonizing in pain and still playing on the field, & that Aaron Rodgers went out like a man (injured), even though they lost..

If I had to lay down money I'd bet he was watching it from the comfort of a recliner, yunno...easy on that hip

He is not great but he is far from bad. He is a very smart QB. I see no reason to hate on the guy though just because their defense is elite.

He is not great but he is far from bad. He is a very smart QB. I see no reason to hate on the guy though just because their defense is elite.

He isn't hating on him, OP just said he's tired of hearing about how great he is. You don't hear anyone giving a **** about how good Carson Palmer is. Can't blame OP, since Carson Palmer is on the same tier AND Arizona was actually better than Seattle up til Palmer went out for the year.

dont get me wrong, i really the kid as a person but sick of hearing how great he is.

how successful would he be on a team like the falcons or any other team that isnt

top 2 defense every year???? He wins because of Seattle's defense and no other

reason

Also tired of hearing QB's judged by how many SB's they have one. manning has one

so he must really be a crappy QB.

Ryan would be hailed as greatest of all time with that Defense. ANy QB would

He has the right attitude and work ethic to get there tho. The way he prepares for a game is special and I use special because I can't think of a better word to describe it at the moment.

First of all I'm not taking anything away from Wilson or Luck. But yesterday served as a cautionary tale for the Falcons. Both kids are great leaders--like ryan is. Both have immense talents--like ryan has. But the difference between ryan, luck and Wilson is of course the SB ring. And a few factors stand out as to why:

1) in Seattle wilson is an integrated part of the team...not the entire focus

2) in Indy and atlanta the teams are built around the QBs

3) in Seattle, wilson has a bad day, or gets shut down the way he is a PIECE of the team--not the team, they can overcome.

4) in Indy and Atlanta shut down ryan and luck..and well we all know how that's worked out

Historical precedences for the integration of QBs, rather than making them the sole focus can be found in these great teams:

1) steelers in 70s--Bradshaw was not the greatest statistically

2) Montana in 80s--great statistically but the miners were able to simply integrate young in and win again

3) Aikmen in 90s..

4) brady...he won 3 SBs being a part of team, not the entire team. Has had futility when he was the only stud...enter running game and defense, he may win his fourth SB

Great teams who only focused onQB and neglected other areas:

1) Dan fouts of San diego...pure passing sensation...no rings

2) Dan Marino ...best passer ever

3) John Elway..pre Terrell Davis and great D, when it was the Elway show they kept getting embarrassed..they integrate Elway and take some pressure off he wins 2 SBs

Common thread to those great SB winning teams and integrated QBs, who could have a bad day yet they win:

1) running game..yes San Fran had a great running game

2) great defense..

3) Great HC willing to take smart risks

4) great drafting...teams like Seattle have taken great drafting to new levels I days of salary cap...using great coaching staff to develop flawed late round picks..

Bottom line: get ryan and luck a stout running game, quit flinging the ball 45 times a game and play at least competent defense, both luck and ryan should have ring one day as well...maybe two--SB and HOF

Nuff said

I do not think think he's great but it's absolutely stupid to downplay his efforts because of his defense. Cam Newton is the perfect example of an overrated QB. Russell not so much.

You call it downplaying. I call it "calling it like I see it."

MSalmon's post is quite spot on actually. He is a good part of the team and the reason why he looks good after yesterday's game, he almost had a 5th interception on a bad throw but Haha dropped it, is because his defense, running game, and ST gave him an opportunity to turn around that 4 interception game.

He utilized the opportunity which is good but this kid is slightly overrated in most people's eyes imo.

For example he was named America's star of the night on ESPN. I know it's ESPN but that's a fan vote award. Star of the night, really? There were multiple people who should have received that award prior to him. That's not me downplaying his efforts, it's just pointing out how people are overrating him.

Wilson had 2 fluke INTs that bounced off his guys hands into Packers defenders. He had 2 bad throws he shouldnt have made.

Every QB has games where they make some stupid mistakes. All that matters is when the game was on the line in the last 5 minutes and in OT he did his thing and got them the win and their 2nd straight SB apperance.

Yeah because he jumped right back on defense after a horrid performance and shutdown the greatest qb of this generation

I love how people throw numbers and stas out he window when it doesn't fit their narrative.

First of all I'm not taking anything away from Wilson or Luck. But yesterday served as a cautionary tale for the Falcons. Both kids are great leaders--like ryan is. Both have immense talents--like ryan has. But the difference between ryan, luck and Wilson is of course the SB ring. And a few factors stand out as to why:

1) in Seattle wilson is an integrated part of the team...not the entire focus

2) in Indy and atlanta the teams are built around the QBs

3) in Seattle, wilson has a bad day, or gets shut down the way he is a PIECE of the team--not the team, they can overcome.

4) in Indy and Atlanta shut down ryan and luck..and well we all know how that's worked out

Historical precedences for the integration of QBs, rather than making them the sole focus can be found in these great teams:

1) steelers in 70s--Bradshaw was not the greatest statistically

2) Montana in 80s--great statistically but the miners were able to simply integrate young in and win again

3) Aikmen in 90s..

4) brady...he won 3 SBs being a part of team, not the entire team. Has had futility when he was the only stud...enter running game and defense, he may win his fourth SB

Great teams who only focused onQB and neglected other areas:

1) Dan fouts of San diego...pure passing sensation...no rings

2) Dan Marino ...best passer ever

3) John Elway..pre Terrell Davis and great D, when it was the Elway show they kept getting embarrassed..they integrate Elway and take some pressure off he wins 2 SBs

Common thread to those great SB winning teams and integrated QBs, who could have a bad day yet they win:

1) running game..yes San Fran had a great running game

2) great defense..

3) Great HC willing to take smart risks

4) great drafting...teams like Seattle have taken great drafting to new levels I days of salary cap...using great coaching staff to develop flawed late round picks..

Bottom line: get ryan and luck a stout running game, quit flinging the ball 45 times a game and play at least competent defense, both luck and ryan should have ring one day as well...maybe two--SB and HOF

Nuff said

MOST CO NCIS POST ON THIS DEBATE EVER. Kudos this post should be stickied and required reading before registering on TAFT.

MOST CO NCIS POST ON THIS DEBATE EVER. Kudos this post should be stickied and required reading before registering on TAFT.

Lol thanks...the QB is important but neglecting areas of team for one area rarely works

The Seahawks had 5 turnovers...

Green Bay was only able to get 6 points off those turnovers despite the fact that the turnover came on their side of the field.

Green Bay started with the ball on the Seahawks 30 yd line or less 4 times.

Russ is a good, smart young QB and a gifted leader. HE IS NOT THE REASON THEY WIN. There are plenty of QBs with most of the qualities that Russ has. Luck, Ryan, Flacco all have the qualities that Russ has and more. They do not however have the best defense or the best RB.

Matt lost to the 49ers despite about 400 yds and 3 TDs to only 1 INT. But folks will remember this pitiful performance by Russ because he won.

Thats funny...more like the Seahawks are fortunate to have that type of defense period. Wilson brings their team down, When your defense and running back creates 95% of your yards you can't call yourself a team with a good QB. These Russell nuthuggers that sit and say how Russell led his team to anything need to look at what really happens during these games. This team belongs to Marshawn and LoB, period. There isn't a single QB in the league including Ryan Leaf who wouldn't make a SB run every year with those 2 factors involved. Wilson nearly cost them the game, and him lobbing a 30+ yard ball to the end zone to hope his receiver catches it on piss poor coverage isn't Wilsons doing, it's entirely GB's fault Seattle won the game, period. There is no one in Seattle that deserves credit for this game AT ALL. It is entirely 100% on Green Bay for the worst 6:00 minutes of NFL football we have seen a team with an Elite QB play in over a decade. Seattle didn't battle back, Green Bay just gave up like Atlanta does all the time. Teams don't beat us when we give up those leads, we beat ourselves.

Joe Flacco wasn't crowned Elite or incredible because he made a 50+ yard pass behind a Denver safety in '12. Everyone knew and accepted that loss was entirely on Denver, no one else. Seattle did nothing today to deserve that win, aside from play just like they had all day long. Green Bay and McCarthy just got sloppy in the second half and gave it up. This shouldn't be a thread about Wilson, it should be about how Green Bay flopped. I don't understnad how anyone can keep giving that little runt credit when he nearly costs his teams games on a consistent basis and somehow miraculously is able to move the ball on the last drive of the game every time. 1 Good drive in 4 Quarters doesn't make you Elite, Good or even average. He's a backup level Quarterback playing on a suberbowl Caliber team, and all Pete asks him to do is refrain from dropping the ball or throwing picks. He failed miserably at that today. End of Story.

Wilson brings their team down? REALLY??? When was the last time the Seahawks lost because of Wilson? We all know the keys to Seattle is their D and run game, but why downplay what Wilson does and highlight one of his worst games? He's far from Trent dilfer on the 2000 Ravens, the guy is about to get paid for a reason.

I think they are both highly over rated and simply products of their current system. Wilson is a ton better than Cam and hugely successful due to his team in it's entirety.. Cam just looks lazy most of the time with his terrible mechanics and I swear he needs to light that stupid crying towel on fire with his head in it. He will never mature. Lucky for us that cam is as lazy as he is and mechanically flawed. Because if he had half a brain to go with his physicality it would be Panties in the south each season for the next decade. tongue.png

You can say the same thing about Jay Cutler, Johnny Manziel,Sam Bradford,Andy Dalton,Alex Smith and whoever starts for Tennessee but you won't, and we know why.

Jay Cutler.....wow.....where do you begin, looks like a brat everytime I see him, looks like he might cry if you take away his football

Johnny Manziel.......A Drunk Alcoholic Lazy Bum, he is not mechanically flawed, he is just flawed in general

Sam Bradford....BUST that they refuse to give up on

Andy Dalton.......Puffed Up

Alex Smith..........Puffed Up

Tennessee......Jake Locker, BUST, Charlie Whitehurst....GREAT ***** BUST, Mettenberger is a mix between Manziel and Cutler

MATT RYAN is one pick six and one happy feet dance away from being PUFFED UP

RUSSELL WILSON is headed to another Superbowl.......

This is how the topic ends,That ^ and this, Ask the Defending Superbowl Champs who are now headed to back to back Championship games if they would Trade, Russell Wilson for any and I mean ANY QB that I mentioned, wait...... if thats the question, let me finish the list

Flacco

Palmer

Tannehill

Romo

Bortles

Stafford

Eli

Big Ben

Glennon McCown

RG3

Kap

Bridgewater

Mallet

AND BROKE KNEE PALMER

Read it again before you respond, I said as the Superbowl Champions, not you who judges by whatever illogical and ignorant process you use to judge quarterbacks

RUSSELL WILSON IS GREAT, GREATER THAN MATT RYAN, Get over it.......

He isn't hating on him, OP just said he's tired of hearing about how great he is. You don't hear anyone giving a **** about how good Carson Palmer is. Can't blame OP, since Carson Palmer is on the same tier AND Arizona was actually better than Seattle up til Palmer went out for the year.

If if's and but's were candy and nuts...........

Was ain't is.........

The Seahawks had 5 turnovers...

Green Bay was only able to get 6 points off those turnovers despite the fact that the turnover came on their side of the field.

Green Bay started with the ball on the Seahawks 30 yd line or less 4 times.

Russ is a good, smart young QB and a gifted leader. HE IS NOT THE REASON THEY WIN. There are plenty of QBs with most of the qualities that Russ has. Luck, Ryan, Flacco all have the qualities that Russ has and more. They do not however have the best defense or the best RB.

Matt lost to the 49ers despite about 400 yds and 3 TDs to only 1 INT. But folks will remember this pitiful performance by Russ because he won.

If if's and but's were candy and nuts......

Funny thing is nobody would be making these statements, and making excuses for Green Bay, If Rodgers played for the Seahawks and Wilson was playing for Green Bay

ESPN(And you who non consciously and some of you consciously hate ***** quarterbacks) would be calling Rodgers the greatest QB to ever play the game

The Double Standard is ever present in this world...I swear I am laughing because I can hear every ***** boy from here to Canada talking about Rodgers had he made this kind of comeback

RUSSELL WILSON IS GREAT, Get over it........

I think they are both highly over rated and simply products of their current system.

Is Peyton Manning not a product of the No Huddle System he runs?

Are Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady not products the offenses they run? Especially Rodgers, McCarthy is a great mind when it comes to offense

What qb is not a product of the system he runs? Your statement is simple.

Is Russell benefiting from having great players around him yes......Is he making plays that Matt Ryan cant make.......YES

Can he get better..........smh.....Scary.....but YESSSSSSSSSS....and thats what makes it wonderful....

And if he ain't great now.......smh.....

You can say the same thing about Jay Cutler, Johnny Manziel,Sam Bradford,Andy Dalton,Alex Smith and whoever starts for Tennessee but you won't, and we know why.

Jay Cutler.....wow.....where do you begin, looks like a brat everytime I see him, looks like he might cry if you take away his football

Johnny Manziel.......A Drunk Alcoholic Lazy Bum, he is not mechanically flawed, he is just flawed in general

Sam Bradford....BUST that they refuse to give up on

Andy Dalton.......Puffed Up

Alex Smith..........Puffed Up

Tennessee......Jake Locker, BUST, Charlie Whitehurst....GREAT ***** BUST, Mettenberger is a mix between Manziel and Cutler

MATT RYAN is one pick six and one happy feet dance away from being PUFFED UP

RUSSELL WILSON is headed to another Superbowl.......

This is how the topic ends,That ^ and this, Ask the Defending Superbowl Champs who are now headed to back to back Championship games if they would Trade, Russell Wilson for any and I mean ANY QB that I mentioned, wait...... if thats the question, let me finish the list

Flacco

Palmer

Tannehill

Romo

Bortles

Stafford

Eli

Big Ben

Glennon McCown

RG3

Kap

Bridgewater

Mallet

AND BROKE KNEE PALMER

Read it again before you respond, I said as the Superbowl Champions, not you who judges by whatever illogical and ignorant process you use to judge quarterbacks

RUSSELL WILSON IS GREAT, GREATER THAN MATT RYAN, Get over it.......

Wilson sucks compared to Ryan. Spin it how ever you like. He simply can't hold a candle to Matt Ryan. It's not Ryan's fault that 10 times more production is required of him than of Wilson yet you sit here and act as if Wilson won the NFC championship game all by himself when he DID EVERYTHING to lose it.

Football is a TEAM sport last time I checked. Wilson's Team is a better team. You'd probably say he holds that defense and run game up though with your flawed logic. I cannot think of one qb in a NFC championship game that had a worse performance and won. Can you? And Wilson is a better QB than Ryan? lol ridiculous.

Is Peyton Manning not a product of the No Huddle System he runs?

Are Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady not products the offenses they run? Especially Rodgers, McCarthy is a great mind when it comes to offense

What qb is not a product of the system he runs? Your statement is simple.

Is Russell benefiting from having great players around him yes......Is he making plays that Matt Ryan cant make.......YES

Can he get better..........smh.....Scary.....but YESSSSSSSSSS....and thats what makes it wonderful....

And if he ain't great now.......smh.....

If you could comprehend the entire structure of a post you might understand that being a "product of a system" entails more than just the offensive unit. But if you want to go there then all of the before mentioned QB's have better stats than LITTLE RUSSY WILSON and are not a product of the systems they play in but more so the reason for the system in the first place. Comparing Wilson to Brady, Rodgers and the like is ridiculous because he is not required to hold a team up like those players are and He rarely does. His rating in the nfc championship game was more than likely the worst ever and if not it was close. His play was absolutely deplorable over all. If he does in fact win a second super bowl and never again wins one I would not be surprised if he never makes it into the hall of fame. Time will tell. But don't think for a **** minute that he is at the Brady , Payton or even Ryan level. He simply is not that good. He is **** sure not a great QB<> no where near it.. There is not a single play Wilson can make that Ryan can't outside of pure running ability. The NFL is riddled with History lessons on the short careers of running qb's. Time will tell on Wilson..

oh and before I digress.. The Vick faithful around here used to spout off all the time that "ALL HE DOES IS WIN" and we all know where that story went.

Wilson great? Never was and more than likely never will be. He is a few dozen big macs and a few years from being a washed up over weight has been.. You'll see.. History never fails to repeat itself.

oh and one more reminder.. SYSTEM is the team not 50% of it..

Im not saying the OP is hating on Wilson. But there is hate out there for Wilson in general, which is what i was saying that I dont get.

Im not saying the OP is hating on Wilson. But there is hate out there for Wilson in general, which is what i was saying that I dont get.

It's easy to understand the hate. He's not that good and there is a large contingent that thinks he's great. Yesterday, I heard 2 callers on WFAN say that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck. That's like saying Chad Pennington is better than Peyton Manning. That's why people hate him, because morons severely overrate him.

It's easy to understand the hate. He's not that good and there is a large contingent that thinks he's great. Yesterday, I heard 2 callers on WFAN say that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck. That's like saying Chad Pennington is better than Peyton Manning. That's why people hate him, because morons severely overrate him.

So just because people have a different opinion justifies the hate? Like i said, I dont think he is great but I dont think he is bad either. Saying he is better than Andrew Luck is just silly, but people saying that doesnt bother me one bit. Its all matter of opinion and that's all it is.

Anyone who doesn't see that the sea hawks defense is 99.9% the reason they won, is ignorant. I guess they think Wilson kept Rodgers from burying him down by 40pts for the 3&3/4 of quarters him&the offense was stinking up the field. Very common day for the seahawks.