Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Hope Eagle

Tired Of Hearing How Great Russell Wilson Is

126 posts in this topic

I think what this sort of thing SHOULD say is that every QB has days like this. Even the elite ones. In big games sometimes. Typically, the better QBs play more big games. As a result, the better a QB is, the more likely it is that he'll come up ****** in a big spot.

Wilson is fortunate enough to play for a team that can win in other ways. He also clearly makes multiple "plus" plays a game that very few other QBs can make. He's fantastic.

And for the record, that makes another not great performance from Rodgers in a big game...wasnt lucky enough to win this like he did in the Bears game.

Luck was kind of awful too....his third bad playoff loss in three years.

Learn where the QB line ends and the team line begins and these sorts of threads go away.

paulitik likes this

Lol.

Wilson had a couple of bad throws, but if he had Julio Jones on his team they would be touchdowns.

Receivers can make a QB look good or bad. Wilson's receivers made him look bad.

This goes for any QB

Because Julio is a scoring machine, right?

Wilson is blessed to be on a team that fields one of the best, if not the best defense of all time. Legion of Boom, since hitting their stride in '13... is no joke.

If the Seahawks do win another SB, the media will definitely shove down your throats how Wilson is the best qb in the league...and one of the best all-time.

This thread is a new low for Ryan homers and the agenda crowd. The man had a bad game! I guess nobody witnessed Andrew Luck go 12-33 126 yds 0tds 2ints, in a dragging by NE 45-7. Let's all tear down Wilson even in a winning effort. Seahawks are very fortunate to have that type of defense AND Qb.

AlphaOmega likes this

This thread is a new low for Ryan homers and the agenda crowd. The man had a bad game! I guess nobody witnessed Andrew Luck go 12-33 126 yds 0tds 2ints, in a dragging by NE 45-7. Let's all tear down Wilson even in a winning effort. Seahawks are very fortunate to have that type of defense AND Qb.

I'd be the last one to tear anyone down.

But 3,400 yds 20 TDs and 7 Ints wouldn't get most teams in the playoffs. My problem is that he is playing admirably on a great team. That only makes him a minor part of the success. Marshawn Lynch rushed for 180+ yds and Wilson only threw for 209 yds. What does that say about Wilson's importance?

But 3,400 yds 20 TDs and 7 Ints wouldn't get most teams in the playoffs. My problem is that he is playing admirably on a great team. That only makes him a minor part of the success. Marshawn Lynch rushed for 180+ yds and Wilson only threw for 209 yds. What does that say about Wilson's importance?

Wilson is a 3rd year QB...

I agree with you BUT I still don't want to knock what he DOES do for the team. He is like the cherry on top. He doesn't hold the team together like the defense (the base of a 3 layer cake). He doesn't create a bridge on the team to be continuously successful like Marshawn Lynch (the middle layer). And he doesn't make it all go like the HC Pete Carroll (the top layer) but he is the cherry on top.

The thing that some folks are losing is that you could insert probably about 12-15 QBS in that situation and they would win just as much if not more.

This is where the great talk annoys me personally but I like RW the person and player. He's one of my favorite players purely on how he approaches the game.

Wilson is a 3rd year QB...

OK well stop calling him great and say he has the potential to be great then. Can't have it both ways.

Can't call him great and then when someone shows why that may be too soon and then say he's a 3rd year QB.

OK well stop calling him great and say he has the potential to be great then. Can't have it both ways.

Can't call him great and then when someone shows why that may be too soon and then say he's a 3rd year QB.

Where did I call him great?

Only 209 yds? Luck just threw for 126 in a losing effort. I don't think Wilson is great or even better than Luck for that matter. The point is that people tend to downplay Wilson because Seahawks D is so good. Not to mention he comes up big when it matters most. Something a lot of veteran Qbs can't claim. It's easy to highlight a bad game, but at least he more than made up for it at the end.

I give Wilson respect. He's a good QB but he had little to with this win today.

Yeah he had very little to do with throwing the game winning touchdown in overtime.

Give him 4 years and you'll see news articles about him being the worst 100+mil contract the NFL has ever given out. Its been romo up until this season.

Where did I call him great?

That was a general statement but the premise of the thread is about folks calling RW great.

The general idea is that folks defending him think he is great.

If you don't think that he is great, then why are you defending. A lot of people who agree with the OP also still like RW and think he will be great one day, he is just a Lil overrated right now, including me.

Wilson is blessed to be on a team that fields one of the best, if not the best defense of all time. Legion of Boom, since hitting their stride in '13... is no joke.

If the Seahawks do win another SB, the media will definitely shove down your throats how Wilson is the best qb in the league...and one of the best all-time.

We know one thing, team's from the state of NC with "Carolina" in their name have never beaten a team Wilson has played on. lol

Lol.

Wilson had a couple of bad throws, but if he had Julio Jones on his team they would be touchdowns.

Receivers can make a QB look good or bad. Wilson's receivers made him look bad.

This goes for any QB

Nah, if he had Julio Jones on his team it wouldn't have done him any good today since he's injured, like always

You people act like Julio can walk on water or something. Even if he could, he'd get injured the moment he put 1 foot in front of the other

That was a general statement but the premise of the thread is about folks calling RW great.

The general idea is that folks defending him think he is great.

If you don't think that he is great, then why are you defending. A lot of people who agree with the OP also still like RW and think he will be great one day, he is just a Lil overrated right now, including me.

I do not think think he's great but it's absolutely stupid to downplay his efforts because of his defense. Cam Newton is the perfect example of an overrated QB. Russell not so much.

Wilson had 2 fluke INTs that bounced off his guys hands into Packers defenders. He had 2 bad throws he shouldnt have made.

Every QB has games where they make some stupid mistakes. All that matters is when the game was on the line in the last 5 minutes and in OT he did his thing and got them the win and their 2nd straight SB apperance.

IMO the sea hawks win was less about Wilson and more about the packers inability to cash in on all of the turnovers. IE- Hawks defense saved the day.

Bottom line is the win though so as good ole smitty said a million times "I must tip my hat to them" DOH!blink.png

He is good to great at what he is asked to do. You do what you have to do to win, you are good to great. Winning is all that matters, that's why stats can be very deceptive.

Exactly!! People keep looking at his passing yards, but he is a DUAL THREAT QB. Do we need to pull up rushing stats... I'm sure he's got more yards and TD than some RBs and WR...