Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Hope Eagle

Tired Of Hearing How Great Russell Wilson Is

126 posts in this topic

He doesn't have to do anything...He threw 4 picks today and they STILL won...He literally has the easiest job out of any QB in the NFL. Easily

2 out of 4 were definitely the receivers fault, and you could argue that the 3/4 were the receivers fault.

Say what you want but he is 2 time NFC champ, super bowl champ, and going for another super bowl. I respect him.

AlphaOmega, Genius and natod12 like this

Wilson is a good kid & QB,but beast mode gets that offense going. They go, as he goes. Put Wilson on the falcons,he would be benched by now. He makes some good throws,but mostly he holds the ball&waits on break downs in coverage. Do that behind our oline and he would be in a hospital. As much pressure as he got today, is a good day of pressure for Ryan. That's a typical good day for our line. If we add a good oline& a defense like the seahawks, we would have several SBs at this point. Not to mention how well coached that whole team is...

Lol.

Wilson had a couple of bad throws, but if he had Julio Jones on his team they would be touchdowns.

Receivers can make a QB look good or bad. Wilson's receivers made him look bad.

This goes for any QB

Obviously the opposite applies as well.

I agree but this is gonna go bad. I absolutely love the kid. Great guy and good player but he has it so made. He has it easy. It's no sweat off of his shoulders to not score because he has a defense and today a ST to score TDS for him along with Lynch.

Everybody points to his WRs. Look at what Golden Tate did in Detroit. Who's to say Baldwin couldn't go anywhere else and become what Tate became with the Lions.

He's not that great. He is really good and this one game def doesn't make him bad but man he has this game with any other team and it's pretty much game over.

Some guys just come into a good situation. He's basically the cherry on top of the cake. He's not the base of the cake to hold it from falling over.

How do you criticize someone for not doing more when he's already off to the greatest start to a career ever? Everybody knows he doesn't have a great receiver but he's got a higher passer rating than almost every great QB that actually did have them. If he only needs to pass the ball 25 times per game to win, does it make sense for him to pass 35 times per game? And why's it better to have help on offense than defense?

I'm not supposing him to be great, but at his current rate he's going to be in the Hall of Fame, as sucky as he is. Actually in hindsight, if he wins multiple Super Bowls, he'll be great by the very definition of it.

So is he sucky or is he good? He could have gone to three NFC Championships games, but fortunately we had enough time to get within FG range to kick the game winner. As a rookie he shredded our defense for 350+ yards passing on the road after being down two scores.

So is he sucky or is he good? He could have gone to three NFC Championships games, but fortunately we had enough time to get within FG range to kick the game winner. As a rookie he shredded our defense for 350+ yards passing on the road after being down two scores.

Bro...I could have gotten 5-25 55yds 3 INT's against this defense...and that's pretty good for me.

even elite qbs have a bad game. 2 of those ints were direct results fromt he wrs bobbling, dude is special realizing it doesnt make the qb you root for less special

THIS!!!!!

Here is two QBs performances against Green Bay. Which QB played better? Which QB won? Russel Wilson is a game manager on a great team.

PASS: 24/39 375 YDs 4 TDs 1 INT 61.5 CMP% RAT 116.9
RUN: 2 ATT for 23 YDs 0 TD 0 FUM AVG 11.5

PASS: 14/29 209 YDs 1 TD 4 INT 48.3 CMP% RAT 44.3
RUN: 7 ATT for 25 YDS 1 TD 1 FUM AVG 3.6

Thing is. He isn't on any other team, but the Seahawks, so he gets the ball back and plays well. His best feature? Deals with adversity. Kid is a fighter.

Except he did not play well. lol. And when he becomes the highest paid player in the NFL, the Seahawks wont be the Seahawks anymore. rolleyes.gif

I give Wilson respect. He's a good QB but he had little to with this win today.

Little to do with this win, except throw the game winning TD. Understand this. Seattle's D kept them in the game, it didn't win them the game (as far as I know, 21 of those 28 points were scored by the offense). If it's so easy for Wilson to win these games, then why isn't an Alex Smith or Colin Kaepernick in these playoffs?

Heck, GB's D picked off Wilson FOUR TIMES compared to Seattle who only got 2 total turnovers. What the heck did Rodgers do? If GB wins nobody would be talking about how GB's D FORCED 5 TURNOVERS. They'd be riding Rodgers' jockstrap.

Little to do with this win, except throw the game winning TD. Understand this. Seattle's D kept them in the game, it didn't win them the game (as far as I know, 21 of those 28 points were scored by the offense). If it's so easy for Wilson to win these games, then why isn't an Alex Smith or Colin Kaepernick in these playoffs?

Heck, GB's D picked off Wilson FOUR TIMES compared to Seattle who only got 2 total turnovers. What the heck did Rodgers do? If GB wins nobody would be talking about how GB's D FORCED 5 TURNOVERS. They'd be riding Rodgers' jockstrap.

Your last paragraph is exactly what you are doing...lol

Just bc some people do it don't make it right. If GB would have won, then I would have been praising GBs defense.

I don't want folks to think that I dislike Wilson. I love him actually as a person and player. One of my favorites I'm the NFL but he is in a GREAT position. The best you can ask for as a NFL QB.

Except he did not play well. lol. And when he becomes the highest paid player in the NFL, the Seahawks wont be the Seahawks anymore. rolleyes.gif

But when he had to play well at the end for the win, He didn't nut up.. That's where He's different.. Most QBs would have folded up the tent and went home sobbing...

No point in tearing down another Qb because we don't have a defense. You might can do better than Wilson at Qb, but you can do a LOT worse also. He did throw the game winning td to Kearse which was beautiful by the way.

Not to mention, they won the ****in game and are headed to their second straight Superbowl.

FalconMama likes this

Your last paragraph is exactly what you are doing...lol

Just bc some people do it don't make it right. If GB would have won, then I would have been praising GBs defense.

I don't want folks to think that I dislike Wilson. I love him actually as a person and player. One of my favorites I'm the NFL but he is in a GREAT position. The best you can ask for as a NFL QB.

I'm not taking anything away from Seattle's D. We all know how good they are. But to say they are the only reason Seattle won that game is just plain ignorant, plain and simple.

No point in tearing down another Qb because we don't have a defense. You might can do better than Wilson at Qb, but you can do a LOT worse also. He did throw the game winning td to Kearse which was beautiful by the way.

Not to mention, they won the ****in game and are headed to their second straight Superbowl.

RIGHT! I just don't get this people's hate on this board. Don't get it.
FalconMama likes this

Except he did not play well. lol. And when he becomes the highest paid player in the NFL, the Seahawks wont be the Seahawks anymore. :rolleyes:

Don't waste you're time with these fools. He has turned ball over 5 times in two NFCCGs yet the team won despite him. YET not only do these clowns still think he is "something special" they dog our own quarterback who some how gets blamed for everything short if n murder by this group.

Seattle can keep Wilson. Matt is a superior qb on a much chittier team.

ArthursMoustache likes this

Doesn't matter, QB's don't play well in every game. Winning is most important.

I'm not taking anything away from Seattle's D. We all know how good they are. But to say they are the only reason Seattle won that game is just plain ignorant, plain and simple.

I can't speak for anybody else but that's definitely not what I'm saying.

I don't think that he would have been in a position to contribute if it wasn't for his defense and ST and running game tho. Remember this was Aaron Rodgers, albeit hobbled, that we're talking about.

Any conversation about this game should start with those 3 factors first, then God for that hail Mary 2 pt conversion, then blunder by Bostic, then Russell Wilson. Lol

14 FOR 29 209 yds 1 TDs / 4 Ints doesn't = 'Something Special' IMO

Period. The team wins even when he plays poorly to average. The guys spends the majority of the game throwing his team out of contention, then his team fights their way to even the game and he takes them ahead. That's what actually happened. He was a big part of the problem for the majority of the game, he finally helps and folks crown him the next great.....What a joke

Godzilla1985 likes this