Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Hope Eagle

Tired Of Hearing How Great Russell Wilson Is

126 posts in this topic

dont get me wrong, i really the kid as a person but sick of hearing how great he is.

how successful would he be on a team like the falcons or any other team that isnt

top 2 defense every year???? He wins because of Seattle's defense and no other

reason

Also tired of hearing QB's judged by how many SB's they have one. manning has one

so he must really be a crappy QB.

Ryan would be hailed as greatest of all time with that Defense. ANy QB would

He had a 12.8 qb rating today. Proof it's not him that makes seattle tick, he is a game manager that makes good decisions most times. He didn't today.

even elite qbs have a bad game. 2 of those ints were direct results fromt he wrs bobbling, dude is special realizing it doesnt make the qb you root for less special

Genius likes this

Matt has had some stinkers and people still talk about how good of a QB he is. What's the problem?

Lol.

Wilson had a couple of bad throws, but if he had Julio Jones on his team they would be touchdowns.

Receivers can make a QB look good or bad. Wilson's receivers made him look bad.

This goes for any QB

No.11 and Genius like this

Russell Wilson sucks. Except for that 'two Super Bowls in his first three seasons' BS, his ridiculously high QB rating for a third year player, and the fact that he's never lost to a Super Bowl winning quarterback, he wouldn't even be considered good let alone great.

natod12 and AlphaOmega like this

He is good without a doubt. Not even sniffing great though and honestly he doesn't have to be great with that team so more power to him. He's a good guy and genuinely loves the sport. I'm happy for him

dont get me wrong, i really the kid as a person but sick of hearing how great he is.

how successful would he be on a team like the falcons or any other team that isnt

top 2 defense every year???? He wins because of Seattle's defense and no other

reason

Also tired of hearing QB's judged by how many SB's they have one. manning has one

so he must really be a crappy QB.

Ryan would be hailed as greatest of all time with that Defense. ANy QB would

He's a good kid, class act, but he's not great, no way. GB should have put this game away if it weren't for that DEF. SEA was really lucky with the muffed onsider and 'hail mary' 2 pt conversion (what was Clinton-Dix doing??). But the media is going to blow him for the pitiful performance and say 'what a great comeback' and crap like that. Keep him in the pocket with no lanes and some pressure. He likes sitting back there and letting the play breakdown and either run or what for someone to break free. Of course he can make some good throws, he is a NFL QB after all, but he's not great. The media can now step in and bloooow.

Rhodaric likes this

Defense gave him a chance to redeem himself, what do you know he pulled through. Helps that Carroll is a great coach too. Wish we had hired him when available.

At the end of the day, he is 36-12 with two Super Bowl appearances, and one Super Bowl title. Looking at it from a franchise and team standpoint, more accomplished than Dan Marino. If "great" means you have wonderful in-game stats, I guess he's far from it. But if you can't be Karl Malone (no rings), being Robert Horry (seven with three teams) ain't a bad way to go.

Factz likes this

Russell Wilson sucks. Except for that 'two Super Bowls in his first three seasons' BS, his ridiculously high QB rating for a third year player, and the fact that he's never lost to a Super Bowl winning quarterback, he wouldn't even be considered good let alone great.

Except he isn't the reason for all of that. Put him on any other team and see what happens when you don't have a great defense. See mark sanchez. A great defense made him look good. Once it went away, so did the illusion of him being a good Qb.

Fact is, it's easy to be "good" when even during good games he doesn't have to make any more than 15 to 18 completions.