Jason La Canfora News From This Morning (Sorry If Posted)

Kurtzyy

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-notes-jim-schwartz-giants-falcons-raiders-seahawks/

Falcons

• Jason La Canfora expects the Falcons to move quickly to sign Seahawks DC Dan Quinn as their next head coach if Seattle loses today.
  • Should Seattle win, Atlanta runs the risk of missing out on the top assistant candidates if they choose to wait the two weeks to officially hire Quinn.
  • However, La Canfora mentions that the Falcons have been “very impressed” with Lions DC Teryl Austin, who would bring in Adam Gase as his offensive coordinator.

ESPN”s Chris Mortensen reported on SportsCenter Sunday that Quinn is “destined” to be the next head coach of the Atlanta Falcons.

• Ian Rapoport adds that Quinn is the “clear favorite” for the Falcons job.
  • Meanwhile, Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that Quinn is expected to meet with the Falcons on Monday for a follow up interview.
  • According to Florio, “Quinn could have the job by the middle of the week.”
Edited by Kurtzyy

Could you imagine the meltdown if we wait on Quinn and he decides to stay in Seattle lol

Maybe Quinn is going to be the next coach of the Falcons, but this feels like a bunch of media guys just repeating the same old rumor and doing it in increasingly strong terms to make themselves look more connected.

I am unsure how it could be such a done deal when the Falcons haven't spoken to the dude in two weeks....unless there has been some illegal communication going on.

Maybe Quinn is going to be the next coach of the Falcons, but this feels like a bunch of media guys just repeating the same old rumor and doing it in increasingly strong terms to make themselves look more connected.

I am unsure how it could be such a done deal when the Falcons haven't spoken to the dude in two weeks....unless there has been some illegal communication going on.

Would that include his agent ?

I actually don't know the answer to that question, but I don't think there is supposed to be any communication going on with a coach under contract or his agent without permission.

With all the current means of communicating (text, internet, etc) I highly doubt anyone would know if they were talking illegally. I wouldn't doubt it at all.

We could go ahead and hire the OC that Quinn wants to bring in, which would keep somebody else from hiring that OC. I wonder if that has ever been done before. If we hire the OC Quinn wants then I imagine that would give us an advantage over Denver if Denver wants Quinn.

If Dan Quinn accepts the head coaching position, he will lead this team to a Super Bowl. There's no question in my mind.

Please make this happen.

He has never lead a team to the Super Bowl, what makes you think he will here...this team is going to be hurting for a few years if not longer.

I think Gase is coming regardless. I think we want Gase more than Shanahan. They met with him individually. When have FOs met with coordinators? That never happens. They just get hired by the HC. I think they gauged Gase to see his interest in working with Quinn. I wouldn't be surprised if they see how Quinn feels about working with Gase.

I think that's the perfect pairing. The pilot behind the best offense ever and the pilot behind one of the best defenses ever who shut down said offense.

He has never lead a team to the Super Bowl, what makes you think he will here...this team is going to be hurting for a few years if not longer.

Really no one knows if any of the HC candidates are capable of leading a team to a SB until they actually do.

No matter if it is Quinn, Austin, McDaniels, or any other possible HC candidate.

Kind of a stupid post since the only head coaches currently coaching in the NFL who have led their teams to the Superbowl are still employed.

Did you expect the Falcons to get tampering fines for talking to Pete Carroll, Sean Payton, Bill Belichick, John Harbaugh or Mike McCarthy?

Really no one knows if any of the HC candidates are capable of leading a team to a SB until they actually do.

No matter if it is Quinn, Austin, McDaniels, or any other possible HC candidate.

Agreed. Even Mike Smith is capable of leading a team to the SB. Things just have to go your way sometime for it to happen.

Wow! If Teryl Austin is for sure bringing in Adam Chase, Then I'm hoping for Austin as HC. I like Quinn but who would he get as OC , you should know by now I'm all about the OC ,I think this is the key to a winning team.. Our O# system as terrible this year and our #1 Downfall......

Kyle Shanahan

I think Gase is coming regardless. I think we want Gase more than Shanahan. They met with him individually. When have FOs met with coordinators? That never happens. They just get hired by the HC. I think they gauged Gase to see his interest in working with Quinn. I wouldn't be surprised if they see how Quinn feels about working with Gase.

I think that's the perfect pairing. The pilot behind the best offense ever and the pilot behind one of the best defenses ever who shut down said offense.

Quinn has been tied in with both Adam Gase and Kyle Shanahan..... Looks like Shanahan may be the pick as he is not interviewing and Gase is...... Just IMO.....

"Bears, Raiders join group interested in Adam Gase

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that both teams have received permission to talk to Gase about running their offense after running Denver’s for the last two years.

He’s set to interview with Jaguars for their offensive coordinator vacancy on Sunday....."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/18/bears-raiders-join-group-interested-in-adam-gase/#comments

The only thing that worries me about Gase is if he is successful here he will most likely get a HC job next season. It would really suck to put in a new system this season and have to do it again a year later. I think if we get Shanahan we will be able to keep him longer.

I like Gase a lot so I'm not saying don't hire him, but It's almost certain he will be gone after a year and that would suck.

The only thing that worries me about Gase is if he is successful here he will most likely get a HC job next season. It would really suck to put in a new system this season and have to do it again a year later. I think if we get Shanahan we will be able to keep him longer.

I like Gase a lot so I'm not saying don't hire him, but It's almost certain he will be gone after a year and that would suck.

I would take it if this means we will have a successful enough season for Gase to be a top HC candidate after the season.

We'll be back in the playoffs next year. Smith did it his first season, and Quinn comes from a much better pedigree.

I actually don't know the answer to that question, but I don't think there is supposed to be any communication going on with a coach under contract or his agent without permission.

Not true.

The Falcons can talk to his agent now, and if Quinn is the birds guy, there very well could be a deal sitting on the table that has been agreed to that is simply awaiting Quinn's signature.

Quinn may very well have already accepted the Falcons job and communicated that through his agent. This would make sense it happened sometime between the point the birds refused Tice an interview with another team, then changed their minds and let him. It could be Quinn accepted the job between those two time periods, or, accepted it prior and obtained a commitment from an OC at that point who has his own OL coach he is bringing in. Contrary to fan belief system, if our OC is going to be implementing a zone blocking scheme, Tice may not be the best fit as OL coach.

I understand none of this is fact at this point, but when looking at all the variables of what has happened so far in the coaching search it appears to me to be the most likely scenario.