My Dream Offseason

Rings

This is my first attempt at anything like this, so I did the best I could to make sure it was realistic as well. I'd be extremely happy with this off season.

1) Coach - Dan Quinn, OC - Kyle Shanahan/Adam Gase, DC - Position coach from Seattle.

2) Free Agency - We have about $20 million in cap space currently, could be more depending on where the cap actually ends up. Below are the key people I would sign, this doesn't include cutting people like Konz/SJ/Baker or signing depth players...those will wash each other out for the most part. Again, the numbers are complete estimations from what other sites think they will make next year/previous salaries. Leaves us enough money to sign draft picks as well.

Player Position Team Cap Hit

Sean Weatherspoon ILB ATL $1,100,000

Matt Bryant K ATL $2,500,000

Greg Hardy DE CAR $6,000,000

Justin Durant OLB DAL $3,500,000

Jermaine Gresham TE CIN $2,500,000

3) The Draft - Here I have us trading down with the Texans at 16. There is the Bill O'Brien/Pioli/Dimitroff connection from the 2007 Pats. If either Mariota or Winston fall to 8 (which I have seen quite a few mocks having this happen), Houston may be willing to make a jump to get their Franchise QB ahead of STL @ 10 and CLE @ 12. With this we would get their 1st and 2nd round pick (our 8th pick = 1,400 pts, for their 16th pick =1,000 pts and their 48th pick = 420 pts). Holliman is the big variance here, I've seen him go in the middle of the first, seen him go in the late 2nd because of motivational issues. Here is who I would take (only did first four rounds, not sure on compensatory picks yet).

Round Pick Player Position School

1 16 Bud Dupree DE Kentucky

2 8 Gerod Holliman FS Lousiville

2 16 Eric Kendricks OLB UCLA

3 8 Ty Sambrailo RT Colorado St.

4 8 Devin Smith WR Ohio State

2015 Starters

Offense

QB - Matt Ryan

RB - Devonte Freeman

WR1 - Julio Jones/Harry Douglas

WR2 - Roddy White/Devin Smith

LT - Jake Mathews

LG - Justin Blalock

C - Joe Hawley

RG - Jon Asamoah

RT - Ty Sambrailo

TE - Jermaine Gresham

FB - Patrick DiMarco

Defense

LDE - Greg Hardy

DT - Paul Solia/Ra'Shede Hageman

DT - Jonathan Babineaux/Tyson Jackson

RDE - Bud Dupree

OLB - Justin Durant

ILB - Sean Weatherspoon

OLB - Eric Kendricks

CB1 - Desmond Trufant

CB2 - Robert Alford

SS - William Moore

FS - Gerod Holliman

Special Teams

K - Matt Bryant

P - Matt Bosher

PR - Devin Hester

KR - Devin Hester

LS - Josh Harris

Still room for improvement, but it's a heck of a start. Quinn could have that defense in the top half of the league in the first year.

This is my first attempt at anything like this, so I did the best I could to make sure it was realistic as well. I'd be extremely happy with this off season.

1) Coach - Dan Quinn, OC - Kyle Shanahan/Adam Gase, DC - Position coach from Seattle.

2) Free Agency - We have about $20 million in cap space currently, could be more depending on where the cap actually ends up. Below are the key people I would sign, this doesn't include cutting people like Konz/SJ/Baker or signing depth players...those will wash each other out for the most part. Again, the numbers are complete estimations from what other sites think they will make next year/previous salaries. Leaves us enough money to sign draft picks as well.

Player Position Team Cap Hit

Sean Weatherspoon ILB ATL $1,100,000

Matt Bryant K ATL $2,500,000

Greg Hardy DE CAR $6,000,000

Justin Durant OLB DAL $3,500,000

Jermaine Gresham TE CIN $2,500,000

3) The Draft - Here I have us trading down with the Texans at 16. There is the Bill O'Brien/Pioli/Dimitroff connection from the 2007 Pats. If either Mariota or Winston fall to 8 (which I have seen quite a few mocks having this happen), Houston may be willing to make a jump to get their Franchise QB ahead of STL @ 10 and CLE @ 12. With this we would get their 1st and 2nd round pick (our 8th pick = 1,400 pts, for their 16th pick =1,000 pts and their 48th pick = 420 pts). Holliman is the big variance here, I've seen him go in the middle of the first, seen him go in the late 2nd because of motivational issues. Here is who I would take (only did first four rounds, not sure on compensatory picks yet).

Round Pick Player Position School

1 16 Bud Dupree DE Kentucky

2 8 Gerod Holliman FS Lousiville

2 16 Eric Kendricks OLB UCLA

3 8 Ty Sambrailo RT Colorado St.

4 8 Devin Smith WR Ohio State

2015 Starters

Offense

QB - Matt Ryan

RB - Devonte Freeman

WR1 - Julio Jones/Harry Douglas

WR2 - Roddy White/Devin Smith

LT - Jake Mathews

LG - Justin Blalock

C - Joe Hawley

RG - Jon Asamoah

RT - Ty Sambrailo

TE - Jermaine Gresham

FB - Patrick DiMarco

Defense

LDE - Greg Hardy

DT - Paul Solia/Ra'Shede Hageman

DT - Jonathan Babineaux/Tyson Jackson

RDE - Bud Dupree

OLB - Justin Durant

ILB - Sean Weatherspoon

OLB - Eric Kendricks

CB1 - Desmond Trufant

CB2 - Robert Alford

SS - William Moore

FS - Gerod Holliman

Special Teams

K - Matt Bryant

P - Matt Bosher

PR - Devin Hester

KR - Devin Hester

LS - Josh Harris

Still room for improvement, but it's a heck of a start. Quinn could have that defense in the top half of the league in the first year.

Quick question?? What are your obsessions with Dan Quinn? No sarcastic stuff here man. I just want to know if it's the wrong reason people around here are so obsessed with this guy! Is it because Seattle Seahawks super bowl defense? Or is it because you flat out think he's a good coach? Because I have a feeling a lot of people around here thinks he's the bargain behind that d. When it's clearly the players. If we had te players that Seattle has mike Nolan what have had fun with them. And I hate Nolan just keep it real?

Holliman is grossly over rated. He misses far to many tackles to play "safety". I like Dupree. I like Devin Smith a lot. Justin Durant is overkill with Spoon back benching Worrilow. I like Kendricks as WLB. I like Hardy on a prove it deal if he is to be reinstated. The thing about Dupree is that I would prefer our LEO be a proven vet. I don't want to then spend a 1st rd pick on a back up behind someone who just signed a big long term deal. I do like signing a vet LDE rather than relying on a rookie to play two gaps, excel in run D, and still be a viable pass rusher. If we are going rookie at one or the other I like a rookie LEO better so I don't hate Dupree or Gregory in rd one.

Quick question?? What are your obsessions with Dan Quinn? No sarcastic stuff here man. I just want to know if it's the wrong reason people around here are so obsessed with this guy! Is it because Seattle Seahawks super bowl defense? Or is it because you flat out think he's a good coach? Because I have a feeling a lot of people around here thinks he's the bargain behind that d. When it's clearly the players. If we had te players that Seattle has mike Nolan what have had fun with them. And I hate Nolan just keep it real?

I've wanted him from the beginning. Players love to play for him, he recruited guys to Seattle and took less money to play for him. He took each of the Defensive Lines and improved them at each of the three teams he was on to be top 10 in both sacks and rushing defense. He wins where ever he goes, he instills toughness in his teams as well. I think some people wanted Rex because he was the opposite of Mike Smith. Quinn to me is to a degree as well, except not over the top. If nothing else I am confident he will put the right players on the field on Sundays, not who has the most experience or who is earning the biggest paycheck...and he will get the most out of them.

I've wanted him from the beginning. Players love to play for him, he recruited guys to Seattle and took less money to play for him. He took each of the Defensive Lines and improved them at each of the three teams he was on to be top 10 in both sacks and rushing defense. He wins where ever he goes, he instills toughness in his teams as well. I think some people wanted Rex because he was the opposite of Mike Smith. Quinn to me is to a degree as well, except not over the top. If nothing else I am confident he will put the right players on the field on Sundays, not who has the most experience or who is earning the biggest paycheck...and he will get the most out of them.

Understandable!! Love it!!!

Oh by the way (I WANT DAN QUINN TOO) !!!